SK[' timestamp=1336719436' post='594859013]

It never arrives. Download it below though. Save it to the folder you want to install the game into. Run the exe. Leave it a few hours :)

http://cloudfront.gu.../client/Gw2.exe

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/

When the BWE was announced I got the download link, forum link, etc.

I can't wait for this to come out. I'm a huge Guild Wars fan but I've not pre-purchased because I don't want to spoil my own experience. I hope it comes out soon.

Me and a whole bunch of players from my Minecraft server are planning to join it together and start a guild. Gonna be a blast.

Really happy for the past few days :D finished with Guild Wars now, my Hall of Monuments is complete and I got the God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title so I can finally relax and get playing other games that I've missed out on while I've been slaving away. :shifty:

Anyways, for people in the UK and EU in general:

The super awesome Charr Plush is back in stock for us! http://us.merchstore...charr_plush.php :woot:

And regarding the last beta, yes, as far as I could tell there were no problems with any of the US servers I transferred to. But the EU ones regularly had problems either connecting to login server or connecting to the server itself as well as having some weird zoning bugs in places too. Sometimes it would just stick on the character select screen needing an ALT-F4 and a restart. Wasted nearly 6 hours trying to login but oh well, that's what betas are all about and here's hoping they fix the problem once and for all. :D

I didn't want to spoil anything either but it got to the point where all my friends were playing anyway and it simply looks too awesome that I couldn't stop myself from playing it. It's a completely different game Vice but as a huge Guild Wars fan too, I can say that if you're anything like me you're going to love it just as much as GW1 but for different reasons. And why not pre-purchase and not play in the beta weekend events? You'll get head start access and you'll still not spoil anything for yourself, Win/Win to me. Give them your money! :devil:

Although I guess you could wait for an announcement of the release date. :yes:

- Alera :shiftyninja:

I didn't want to spoil anything either but it got to the point where all my friends were playing anyway and it simply looks too awesome that I couldn't stop myself from playing it. It's a completely different game Vice but as a huge Guild Wars fan too, I can say that if you're anything like me you're going to love it just as much as GW1 but for different reasons. And why not pre-purchase and not play in the beta weekend events? You'll get head start access and you'll still not spoil anything for yourself, Win/Win to me. Give them your money! :devil:

Although I guess you could wait for an announcement of the release date. :yes:

To be honest I think when it releases Amazon will have it for ?24.99 or somewhere around there. I'm not paying ?50 just to play the beta. I might be wrong and it could still cost a lot on release but I seriously doubt it.

To be honest I think when it releases Amazon will have it for ?24.99 or somewhere around there. I'm not paying ?50 just to play the beta. I might be wrong and it could still cost a lot on release but I seriously doubt it.

Yeah :) there is a possibility (maybe a small one) the price will come down at launch, at least in the online retail game stores etc. Like, Play.com has it for ?40 it was ?35 but they put it up again when ArenaNet started taking pre-purchase orders.

Personally I don't mind the price much, it's a free to play game that I'll probably play for years to come and it's helping to support the game for that duration so :laugh: I bought the Collector's Edition straight away but I can understand why you'd wait if you don't want beta access and the price might drop at/after launch.

Anyways, what classes/races are you guys interested in?

Anyways, what classes/races are you guys interested in?

In the original my first character was a Necromancer so I was thinking I'd do the same this time around. I did have a max level character in every class in the original Guild Wars and my favorite class was Monk. I loved my Monk I would 55hp farm and I was super duper rich. I must have hit the money cap in the game more than 50 times and I had to invest my money in ecto's just to store it all because of the gold limits. This was before they altered the game to make mobs run away from you when you performed AoE attacks.

It's a damn shame they got rid of Monks in GW2. I understand why, I mean I remember waiting around 40-50 minutes for a decent monk to arrive at an outpost or city. It was annoying. But as someone that played monk I'll miss it immensely. I was an excellent healer, protector and even tank! with my Monk!

Yeah it was an honor and a darn good privileged to play as a monk. I have been playing with only Prophecy as a monk exclusively. About a year ago, my cousin purchased me other campaign, so I switched to Ritualist. During the beta of Faction campaign, as a main monk player, I knew Ritualist was a very powerful healer. So having to play the character that other classes needed you the most was very rewarding. When I hear GW2 get rid of monk, it was something that I think shook the foundation of RPG or MMO I think. But we will see what GW2 brings.

I'll go as the necromancer as my main in GW2 too. Equipped with an axe in the main hand, it's a nice killing machine. And in the original the only reason I had a monk was because it was easy to go through all the missions with him. Everyone needed a good monk in their party. For farming, a 55hp necromancer/monk was a better option. But after arenanet brought the drop limitation to kill the farming, it didn't really matter.

Just pre-purchased.

I have never played Guild Wars, and don't honestly know that much (if anything) about it. But after reading this thread, and looking around online at videos and conversations, something just felt right about this game. I feel this is going to be a great game for me.

Is it bad that I have never played GW1? Will I understand what is going on, and still have a good time? I mean I'm sure I will, I've already put my money down, but am I missing out on anything coming from knowing nothing about GW, and coming in at GW2?

Also, any US Neowin players picking a specific server? None of my friends care for it, so I'll be going at it alone. :/

No it's not bad that you haven't played GW1 - I've played the original without any expansions and don't believe it will hinder nor benefit me at all. GW1 and GW2 are very different games.

It isn't bad, they are completely different games but you'll be told of some of the back story in GW1 anyway (I've already seen quite a bit of it in Charr homelands) and it'll be there for you to look at on the Wiki if you're ever curious for more Lore. It is a really good story and I'll always remember GW1 but I'm sure they've put quite a lot of it into GW2 because they know that there are going to be people who didn't play GW1.

I'm usually a one/two class kind of person, I never had a monk, just played my Ranger non-stop in GW1 but I'm not doing the same in GW2 since I don't like the new Ranger in GW2. I've never liked pet classes really, and the option to not take a pet would have been nice.

I farmed with a 55hp Necro/Monk or Assassin/Mesmer just because they're so good at farming. :D

As for Class/Race, I think I'll be going Human Thief. Really fun with dual pistols, always manage to run away from the fight... I mean *cough* advance in the other direction... yeah, somewhere else on the battlefield is calling me, somewhere that doesn't have 40 screaming enemies coming to kill me. :rofl: Not to mention the insane damage you can do with daggers, would anyone like a 14,000 damage backstab crit? No, well I'll give you one anyway. Because I'm nice like that. :shiftyninja: :rofl:

I did the first BWE as a Necromancer. I will probably try out the other classes during other BWE's and make a decision then.

SK[' timestamp=1336719436' post='594859013]

It never arrives. Download it below though. Save it to the folder you want to install the game into. Run the exe. Leave it a few hours :)

http://cloudfront.gu.../client/Gw2.exe

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/

Thank you kindly, sir. :)

I got an email with a link to download the beta, so it does in fact arrive at some point.

When the BWE was announced I got the download link, forum link, etc.

Hrmm. In that case, do you know when/if there will be another beta open to those who have pre-ordered the game? I checked on their site, but I may indeed be blind.

There's a stress test event today for those who pre-purchased. As for the next beta weekend, that should be either this weekend or next weekend as long as they stick to the whole "atleast one per month till launch" thing.

There's a stress test event today for those who pre-purchased. As for the next beta weekend, that should be either this weekend or next weekend as long as they stick to the whole "atleast one per month till launch" thing.

Won't be this weekend. If it were this weekend it would of been announced last week. They have been giving a week, week and a half notice before events. My guess will be either next weekend or the following one.

As for finding out.. it will be on the GW2 twitter feed.

Thank you kindly, sir. :)

Hrmm. In that case, do you know when/if there will be another beta open to those who have pre-ordered the game? I checked on their site, but I may indeed be blind.

The Stress Test is today from 2 PM-9 PM EDT (11AM-6 PM PDT or 1700 GMT today 0200 GMT tomorrow) overlapping somewhat with the D3 early install, but NOT with the launch.

Since I will have both games in my play rotation (and I've already done my D3 pre-install) I'm doing the GW2 beta ST install now so I can do some GW2 while waiting for the D3 servers to go live.

The Stress Test is today from 2 PM-9 PM EDT (11AM-6 PM PDT or 1700 GMT today 0200 GMT tomorrow) overlapping somewhat with the D3 early install, but NOT with the launch.

Since I will have both games in my play rotation (and I've already done my D3 pre-install) I'm doing the GW2 beta ST install now so I can do some GW2 while waiting for the D3 servers to go live.

Great, thank you. :) Since I never received an email with a download link, I figured I would check on their site. Unfortunately, it says "Not Available". So I am downloading from the other link that was posted. When we log in to the game, do we have to use the .#### that comes after our username? I just hope my download finishes in enough time for me to try it out. Downloading at 1.72MB/sec, hope it speeds up some. :p

Great, thank you. :) Since I never received an email with a download link, I figured I would check on their site. Unfortunately, it says "Not Available". So I am downloading from the other link that was posted. When we log in to the game, do we have to use the .#### that comes after our username? I just hope my download finishes in enough time for me to try it out. Downloading at 1.72MB/sec, hope it speeds up some. :p

I use my email address to log in.

Okay so I was playing for a bit. Everything is awesome, except I am getting horrible FPS. I don't have an amazing PC by any stretch of the imagination, but I figured Phenom 940 @ 3.0 GHz, 8GB DDR2 RAM, and Radeon 6850 would get me over 20 FPS at 1920x1200 resolution. Guess I was wrong?

Okay so I was playing for a bit. Everything is awesome, except I am getting horrible FPS. I don't have an amazing PC by any stretch of the imagination, but I figured Phenom 940 @ 3.0 GHz, 8GB DDR2 RAM, and Radeon 6850 would get me over 20 FPS at 1920x1200 resolution. Guess I was wrong?

Updated your drivers recently? Would be the only thing I would guess. That rig sounds plenty fine to run it, at least at med-low settings.

It's a beta. They have only just started optimisation. The game is currently CPU bound and only uses 1 core - hence on an AMD of any subscription it's going to run fairly poorly.

That will improve throughout the BWEs (not stress tests) as we get closer to release.

I've got a far less than perfect rig, have 0 fps issues on medium settings. It may be placebo but I do feel this stress test is smoother than the bwe.