Just saw on Twitter: stress test next Wednesday, 6/27 from 1000 PDT - 1400 PDT. No character wipes, open to all pre-orders.

Oh don't. Please don't. My heart can't handle the teasing... :cry:

Just saw on Twitter: stress test next Wednesday, 6/27 from 1000 PDT - 1400 PDT. No character wipes, open to all pre-orders.

No chance that this four hour stress test is for the release on the 28th, right :( ?

No chance that this four hour stress test is for the release on the 28th, right :( ?

Assume nothing.

As pointless a statement as it might be, we really do just have to wait for them

to do whatever they're going to do. I'll keep playing Betas and wait for THEM to

say it's release time. No point speculating and getting your hopes up.

I'd put more money towards an announcement. I seriously don't think a surprise release would be in their best interest, especially for those who are fans of the game. Some folks like to make use of their vacation time for a game's release even. (Hell, I set mine up for a couple days after Cataclysm released for example heh)

They'd want all the attention they could get really. At least, that's what any sensible company would want anyway.

Just for discussion's sake, do you all think they would release without opening 30+ content or the other 2 races? I don't think they would but who knows.

Just for discussion's sake, do you all think they would release without opening 30+ content or the other 2 races? I don't think they would but who knows.

Just because they haven't let us have access to those things doesn't mean they aren't done. It's not required to beta test the game. Most mmo's betas have a level cap restriction. Also why would they let people have access to the 2 most anticipated races? It gives people something to look forward to once the game is officially released.

A better question is why you and so many others seem to think that the game can't be released unless you can see every little detail of it in the beta before launch.

A better question is why you and so many others seem to think that the game can't be released unless you can see every little detail of it in the beta before launch.

I don't know, how about balance and bugs? You know, things betas are made for?

If they were to delay the game until they found every last minor little bug the game would never be released and end up becoming vaporware like titles such as hl2 ep3 have become. There's also no such thing as perfect balance, balance changes can and will happen post release. Delaying trying to attain perfect balance will also have the same results as the first sentence.

Class stats don't change based on race so there is no reason for them to give us access to every race. I think the areas are all balanced the same as well. Although I have read that the Norn areas was much easier than the Charr starting area. But that could have just been because there were a lot more people in the charr area.

Which leads to the one thing ANet was actually trying to balance and that was DE's and how they scaled when a lot of people were near. Also if you have been paying attention to the things Anet has said regarding the betas they aren't really testing the game so much as they are testing server performance.

Really, it's just focus testing. Closing two entire start areas off makes for a more dense population in other zones so they can get the information they need more easily. On top of that the Sylvari and Asura are the two most anticipated races so of course they are going to hold them back.

Also as Blackhearted said, balance is an ongoing thing. Anet still releases balance patches for GW1 every other month or so, maybe even more often, I haven't played in a while. Anyways, I don't think I've ever beta tested an mmo that let you have 100% access to the game while it was still in beta.

For those not good at figuring out time zones, the stress test starts in roughly 15 mins from this post.

Heh. A plus side to currently being a college student. It's much easier to squeeze in these little events.

Stress Test Extension

Due to issues with the start of the final event, the stress test will be extended one hour. The stress test will now end at 1500 PDT/1800 EDT/0000 CEST.

Hmm.. The "-perf" command line tag is rather interesting. It becomes quite obvious what makes lions arch run so terribly while looking at the data that shows.

SK[' timestamp=1340829767' post='594963231]

FPS any better in this beta? Its the one thing that's bugging me about Guild Wars 2.

I believe the game still isn't optimized to use the GPU yet. I was using an AMD Athlon 64 X2 on the last BWE and it ran like crap when around too many players. Upgraded to an AMD Phenom II X4 last week or so, and I was able to do WvWvW, PvP, and the event just fine. Hopefully, they'll fix that as it nears release.

Killed/corrupted someone during the ending event. :laugh:

NSFW [language]: http://i.imgur.com/NJmtY.jpg

Screen of the dragon again:

http://i.imgur.com/U8ESD.jpg

Here's one I thought was interesting being corrupted. You change form while in the water, and have different skills too. Thought that was rather cool they would add such a small thing.

http://i.imgur.com/hOXIJ.jpg

Killed an ArenaNet guy too! :D

http://i.imgur.com/wzTJq.jpg

I had MSI Afterburner running during my play today (~1.5 hours) and I noticed it was only using about 50% of available GPU memory. Game seemed to run a little smoother for me, although I did drop from max down to high - they sure were stressing the game, wave after wave of dynamic events going on, was hitting 25-30fps in some fights. Decided to try a Charr Guardian and rather enjoyed it.

I had MSI Afterburner running during my play today (~1.5 hours) and I noticed it was only using about 50% of available GPU memory. Game seemed to run a little smoother for me, although I did drop from max down to high - they sure were stressing the game, wave after wave of dynamic events going on, was hitting 25-30fps in some fights. Decided to try a Charr Guardian and rather enjoyed it.

Hope you got to try it with the two-hand hammer or greatsword. Loads of fun! :D