Hope you got to try it with the two-hand hammer or greatsword. Loads of fun! :D

I didn't! Mostly ran around with a one hand sword and a shield purchased with dynamic event points. Only got to level 5 so didn't even get to check out the skill points :laugh: I swear, every time a dynamic event ended a new one would start and it was just too much fun grouping with like 20 other characters to win the event.

I believe the game still isn't optimized to use the GPU yet.

Yeah, there's only the DX9 renderer ingame at the moment, the greyed out option to change renderer in the options gives me very high hopes, especially when DX9 is managing DOF and Some basic tessellation as it is. I took a SS to try and show some DX9 weaknesses and show where DX10/11 will make big improvements.

http://i.imgur.com/LzJ0o.jpg

This was at full whack, everything at max, it's hard to catch DOF in screenshots and looking at the SS it's hard to imagine that the buildings in the background are actually there and you can walk under those arches. Hopefully we'll get a look at the new renderers before retail, this character is logged out on that wall for a side by side comparison if it happens.

Really impressed with the city's in this game, has been a long time singe I got genuinely lost in a mmo city.

Don't you mean Tuesday August 28th?!

Ya I was over excited and made a typo. All fixed though :)

!!!

Wooooo! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Honestly, I didn't see that coming. Releasing right as school starts. But hey, doesn't affect me any, so I'm excited!

Ya I am super excited for this game! Been a long wait for it. The original Guild Wars was the first ever MMO I played. It's like the game

SK[' timestamp=1340890856' post='594964933]

I've not been playing the recent BWE / Stress Tests as I just want to play the game now. Levelling deleted chars is not how I want to spend my time.

The reason for me to play the beta events, is to learn the game's mechanics. When the game to be released on the 28th of August, I don't want to waste time creating multiple characters and level them up to see which fits me better. I want to create one that I already know how to play him well and enjoy the game's story and WvW/PvP without noobing it out.

YEAAAAHHHHH!!! :bounce:

Called it at least that SOMEthing would happen today lol. Can't wait!

But boooooo at it being right around when classes start. :(

Yeah, there's only the DX9 renderer ingame at the moment, the greyed out option to change renderer in the options gives me very high hopes, especially when DX9 is managing DOF and Some basic tessellation as it is. I took a SS to try and show some DX9 weaknesses and show where DX10/11 will make big improvements.

http://i.imgur.com/LzJ0o.jpg

This was at full whack, everything at max, it's hard to catch DOF in screenshots and looking at the SS it's hard to imagine that the buildings in the background are actually there and you can walk under those arches. Hopefully we'll get a look at the new renderers before retail, this character is logged out on that wall for a side by side comparison if it happens.

Really impressed with the city's in this game, has been a long time singe I got genuinely lost in a mmo city.

Looks fantastic. I was so busy with the game, I forgot to push my graphic capabilities at all. Will definitely have to see how it handles next BWE in July.

I heard rumors of a June 28th release, but I seriously doubt that considering they would have already said something by now. Still, I'm wondering what news they may announce that day.

Taken at Arenanet:

r0oMW.jpg

Right on time! Well atleast for the announcemnt of the release date. Only 2 months! Wooo!

• Like 2

SK[' timestamp=1340890856' post='594964933]

I've not been playing the recent BWE / Stress Tests as I just want to play the game now. Levelling deleted chars is not how I want to spend my time.

If you don't want to do something that you will eventually lose, whether you want to lose it or not, why are you playing an MMO at all?

Cause whether you like it or not, your characters that you spent so much time on will be gone one day.

I have a dumb question. I preordered the digital deluxe version and they never emailed me a download link for the client. Will they send it closer to release?

I have a dumb question. I preordered the digital deluxe version and they never emailed me a download link for the client. Will they send it closer to release?

Probably. If not, you can login to the account page and download it

POOOOP! lol

Well, Today I went ahead and emailed the guy who was working at NCSoft, who I applied to test it through, and who promised me a free copy of the game for my services... the email came back saying "Email address no longer exist" :( It has been a year since then :/

I went ahead and put in a support ticket to see if they will still honor this... I hope so!

If you don't want to do something that you will eventually lose, whether you want to lose it or not, why are you playing an MMO at all?

Cause whether you like it or not, your characters that you spent so much time on will be gone one day.

It's okay, some folks don't like to touch a game until they can do everything. Hell, my friend skipped all the quest speeches because he didn't want to spoil it for his play at release.

I did just the opposite though, I soaked in all I could from the starter area(s) so that way I can proceed to power level may way at least to the level 10ish stuff and get away from the mass flood of people there will be in the starting areas when the game launches. :p

Yeah, I never did either sadly. Kind of poor practice, but you can access it all here:

https://account.guildwars2.com/login

Hope that helps. There will be another beta weekend in July so I'd say go ahead and download the client now.

Seriously, lol. Extending that line of thought further you can't take anything with you when you die so anything you do now is pointless. Why even bother? :rofl:

The bwe's were true beta tests. It's amazing that people still fail to get that. It wasn't supposed to be used as a demo or early access. You play so you can report bugs and Anet can gather performance information for the client and servers. And maybe adjust balance of some features between now and release.

So, 8/25 for head start for all the folks who pre-ordered. Scheduled to work the nights of 8/23-25...think I'll be playing up a cough on 8/24 :shifty:

And yeah, was wondering about the DX11 button in the graphics options. I played around with my settings quite a bit during the BWE2/stress test and they already look really good. Having DX11 will be sweet.

I didn't get my key until about 2 days before BWE2. I preordered about a week prior to that. Should get something closer to BWE3.