Now that the release date is announced, and he game to launch in just two months, can't wait to see this thread hit the # of pages of WoW and BF3 thread (only game threads I check(ed) on this forum).

Now that the release date is announced, and he game to launch in just two months, can't wait to see this thread hit the # of pages of WoW and BF3 thread (only game threads I check(ed) on this forum).

I better add a post to help with that then! I was really surprised they are going for an August release, i was expecting October at the earliest. That said I'm really excited for it to come out, looking forward to playing a thief. :D

I better add a post to help with that then! I was really surprised they are going for an August release, i was expecting October at the earliest. That said I'm really excited for it to come out, looking forward to playing a thief. :D

Why October? The game, even from the first bwe felt pretty done. It (still does) needed some balance and performance tweaks but that's about it.

Why October? The game, even from the first bwe felt pretty done. It (still does) needed some balance and performance tweaks but that's about it.

Perhaps due to that financial rumor of it being released sometime between Q3 and Q4, which I guess to some implied that it's be RIGHT in between the two instead of anywhere within those quarters? That's my guess anyway, as I heard people speculating October some too. Either way, August sounds like a solid time to release!

...Despite the fact that I'll be starting classes at the university then... :/

Perhaps due to that financial rumor of it being released sometime between Q3 and Q4, which I guess to some implied that it's be RIGHT in between the two instead of anywhere within those quarters? That's my guess anyway, as I heard people speculating October some too. Either way, August sounds like a solid time to release!

...Despite the fact that I'll be starting classes at the university then... :/

Plus October is when the year pass is up on Warcraft :D

I didn't! Mostly ran around with a one hand sword and a shield purchased with dynamic event points. Only got to level 5 so didn't even get to check out the skill points :laugh: I swear, every time a dynamic event ended a new one would start and it was just too much fun grouping with like 20 other characters to win the event.

Why it's totally worth it:

km81x.gif

So is anyone interested in creating a guild for NA? I'm wanting to creating a guild with a primary focus on end game group pvp. And of course whatever end game pve content there is, as well.

I had an odd dream about GW2 last night. Lol. I haven't dreamt about a video game in a long time...

My feelings on BWE3 and the release can easily be expressed by this video.

I'd join an EU one. Need to find out which server to roll onto though - Anyone preordered so they get the 3 day's before release? If so they can choose the server and create the guild

Hello Travis,

I apologize for the delay in responding to you on this issue. We still have your information on file, and I can assure you that you will still be getting a copy of Guild Wars 2 when the game launches. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Take care,

YAY :)

• Like 2

If you preorder, do you get immediate access to the beta or do you simply get access to their beta weekends?

If you preorder, do you get immediate access to the beta or do you simply get access to their beta weekends?

If you preorder you don't get Beta or early access, If you PrePurchase from http://guildwars2.com/ then you get these features.

If you preorder you don't get Beta or early access, If you PrePurchase from http://guildwars2.com/ then you get these features.

Sorry, that's what I meant. If you preorder the digital version from their official site do you get immediate access or just access to the beta events?

Sorry, that's what I meant. If you preorder the digital version from their official site do you get immediate access or just access to the beta events?

You get access to the Beta weekends (1 remaining) and 3 day's early access.

You get access to the Beta weekends (1 remaining) and 3 day's early access.

Thanks, that's what I figured. Just wanted to be sure.

Soundtrack available for GW2 for $30. Same deal as with the Skyrim soundtrack, these CDs will personally be autographed by Jeremy Soule if you get it now.

From what I can tell, the autographed Skyrim soundtracks are now worth more than double that. At least, people on eBay are selling it for over $80 at least. Worth the investment? :p

http://www.directson...productid=2250#

Either way, good music! (Y)

http://www.gamespot....2_asura20120709

An hour long video showing off the Asura race and probably some new stuff as well that we'll be seeing in the next beta. I haven't watched it all yet though so I don't know how worthwhile it is.

Soundtrack available for GW2 for $30. Same deal as with the Skyrim soundtrack, these CDs will personally be autographed by Jeremy Soule if you get it now.

From what I can tell, the autographed Skyrim soundtracks are now worth more than double that. At least, people on eBay are selling it for over $80 at least. Worth the investment? :p

http://www.directson...productid=2250#

Either way, good music! (Y)

I would love to get that but $30 is a little steep for a sound track. I'm a big fan of Jeremy Soule though, I have all the extra music packs for GW1.

A few things that are awesome in the video if you don't want to watch all 1 hour 17 minutes of it..

Hundreds of dye combinations.

They made it so no matter where you are you can send stuff to your bank, or the auction house, or mail. So no more running to mail boxes to send stuff. However I think we'll obviously still have to go to those locations to get stuff back.

To go along with that it looks like they added about 3 or 4 more bag spaces (to be unlocked at later levels or maybe purchased through the gem store) so it will probably be possible to have 200+ inventory spaces. Which is nice if it turns out to be true.

Timer bars for buffs and debuffs on the outside edge of the icon.

New "vista" locations.

Asura seem like they will be hilariously fun to play.

Ongoing performance improvements.

They still need to balance some events. At one part in the video there was an event where he had to put out fires and he was being bombarded by fire balls. The amount of damage he was taking far out paced his one heal spell.

There is probably more but I forgot by the time the video was over. :rofl: