Soundtrack available for GW2 for $30. Same deal as with the Skyrim soundtrack, these CDs will personally be autographed by Jeremy Soule if you get it now.

From what I can tell, the autographed Skyrim soundtracks are now worth more than double that. At least, people on eBay are selling it for over $80 at least. Worth the investment? :p

http://www.directson...productid=2250#

Either way, good music! (Y)

Those on ebay are just trying to get stupid people lol, still just $30 from the store http://www.directsong.com/mobile/productdetails.php?productid=2240

I'm really torn on this, I think I might just go ahead and pre purchase to get into the beta weekend.

Woot! Just got an email saying that the next beta event is at the 20th. Less to wait than previously thought :-)

edit: never mind. Just checked and it's still the same date that was announced earlier :-(

Those on ebay are just trying to get stupid people lol, still just $30 from the store http://www.directson...?productid=2240

I'm really torn on this, I think I might just go ahead and pre purchase to get into the beta weekend.

Guh, I hate that stupid website. Not sure if it's just me, but half the time it always seems to be down. :argh:

But yeah, is Jeremy Soule still autographing the Skyrim ones? I thought the big reason behind the preorder of the soundtrack was that they came personally autographed. Didn't think he was still doing that though.

grrr I need a key. I definitely want to try this before I buy it.

What kind of MMOs have you been into up until now? Maybe we can help you at least a bit on some of the decision of whether it'd be up your alley even.

I say that as most other MMOs require you to buy the game AND subscribe just to enjoy it. That's how my friend got me into pre-ordering, since I was likely gonna buy it anyway. Feels cool knowing I won't have to pay each month, and that I'll still get to play the game 3 days earlier.

Personally, I'm excited knowing I'll be able to play the game how I want to. I don't mean to sound like an advertiser here, but that's really one highlight I like out of all this. I really want to dig into crafting too, so I can start finding out what does and doesn't sell and get a headstart on the market as best as I can. :)

Feels good knowing I can level from crafting and such too, and that the game won't just up and suddenly get all grindy on me hahah.

LevelingCurves.jpg

grrr I need a key. I definitely want to try this before I buy it.

Sorry to say but the only way you're getting a key now is to pre purchase. I don't think they have sent out any beta keys to anyone else since the very first beta they had.

Just watch that video I posted a link to earlier and you'll get a good idea what the game is like. Just be warned that even at low levels the game can be quite challenging.

Sorry to say but the only way you're getting a key now is to pre purchase. I don't think they have sent out any beta keys to anyone else since the very first beta they had.

Just watch that video I posted a link to earlier and you'll get a good idea what the game is like. Just be warned that even at low levels the game can be quite challenging.

Various sites had beta key giveaways for bwe2. Curse also just gave away 20k keys for bwe3 to the US yesterday as well. There will likely be more giveaways at other sites in the next week, too. Just gotta watch around.

Like stated above there's been plenty of giveaways. However, this is the last beta event, so likelihood now is low...

Looks like the new client update may be doing away with the old login screen. If so, i preferred the old way.

gw2new.jpg

The login part wasn't on the updater before, if you recall you didn't see that until you hit play and went to the white screen with the big fancy "2" with the pictures in it and the music.

Cool. I went ahead and got a beta code. So if there is someone here who doesn't get one in time and needs one let me know. I won't be giving it away for a day or two though, or whenever the IGN site runs out.

Have the beta fully installed i was Very excited however, it wasn't until i was trying to figure out why i couldn't login that i realized the beta was next weekend :p I felt foolish.

Have the beta fully installed i was Very excited however, it wasn't until i was trying to figure out why i couldn't login that i realized the beta was next weekend :p I felt foolish.

Jumping the gun a little bit. :rofl:

IGN has keys for normal members just grabbed one. They were posted an hour ago don't know how long they will last. http://go.ign.com/Mu8mWA

THANK YOU!

Got my key then gave my friend the link, we both got a key and have been trying to find fun in Diablo 3 until GW2 release, now we get to see if the hype was true (based on experiences I've read in this thread of other BWE participants it will be) before we get it. We played GW for 4 years and are looking forward to the second one.

IGN has keys for normal members just grabbed one. They were posted an hour ago don't know how long they will last. http://go.ign.com/Mu8mWA

Thanks so much!! I was able to get a key as well.. Perfect now I can try it before I buy it!! Thanks again (Y)

New blog post about this coming weekend:

http://www.arena.net/blog/whats-new-in-the-final-guild-wars-2-beta-weekend-event

Looks like our previous stuff will finally be deleted. But i wonder, will this removal of our old stuff also reset our home servers?

Also, i still wish they'd give us a proper changelog for once.

New blog post about this coming weekend:

http://www.arena.net...a-weekend-event

Looks like our previous stuff will finally be deleted. But i wonder, will this removal of our old stuff also reset our home servers?

Also, i still wish they'd give us a proper changelog for once.

I'm not sure what you mean. They have confirmed that we will be able to play our characters during the final beta, at least I remmber reading that somewhere?? And of course all our characters will be deleted after it and that will reset your server choice, too.

That's how it has worked in every other mmo I have beta tested and I don't see why it would be any different here. Also to add to that they will probably have more server choices at launch than they do during the betas. At least I hope they do, I don't want to have to wait in a log in queue to be able to play.

Edit: Their wording in the article is kind of ambiguous though so now I'm not sure. :huh:

Not that I really care either way because I will only be trying out the Asura and Sylvari as most people probably will be so I don't think it will be a huge problem.

I'm not sure what you mean. They have confirmed that we will be able to play our characters during the final beta, at least I remmber reading that somewhere?? And of course all our characters will be deleted after it and that will reset your server choice, too.

That's how it has worked in every other mmo I have beta tested and I don't see why it would be any different here. Also to add to that they will probably have more server choices at launch than they do during the betas. At least I hope they do, I don't want to have to wait in a log in queue to be able to play.

Edit: Their wording in the article is kind of ambiguous though so now I'm not sure. :huh:

Not that I really care either way because I will only be trying out the Asura and Sylvari as most people probably will be so I don't think it will be a huge problem.

They are deleting characters for this weekend(as well as launch), they made sure to clarify that on twitter earlier. As for the bit about servers, i know they'd probably be reset come launch, but what i was wondering about was this weekends wipes. And if i'm gonna have to find out if a couple friends will stay at the same server they were at last beta if they are reset with the character wipes.

They are deleting characters for this weekend(as well as launch), they made sure to clarify that on twitter earlier. As for the bit about servers, i know they'd probably be reset come launch, but what i was wondering about was this weekends wipes. And if i'm gonna have to find out if a couple friends will stay at the same server they were at last beta if they are reset with the character wipes.

Character files are per server and not cross server so I think it's safe to assume you will have to pick your server again.

Can't wait till this weekend, been wanting GW2 since they announced it (before technically...since I was a huge fan of the first)....haven't been in any of the events yet but I definitely will get this game when it comes out, if only it came out right now I would be done with D3.