Don't suppose anyone has a spare beta key for this weekend? I'd still love to try the game but I refuse to pre-pay for MMOs after being burned numerous times.

Then you wont get in, Pre-purchasing or being extremley lucky is about the only way to get into it atm, We only have 4 weeks to wait now for full release anyway.

Then you wont get in, Pre-purchasing or being extremley lucky is about the only way to get into it atm, We only have 4 weeks to wait now for full release anyway.

That is a shame.

Got my key last week from Massively, I am hoping really really hard that I can find time to actually be able to jump in and play. I might have to tell everyone I know that I am going to be off the grid totally the entire weekend. :rofl:

ok so today is the day right? What time does the beta start? I know it ends at what midnight or so on Sunday night?

ok so today is the day right? What time does the beta start? I know it ends at what midnight or so on Sunday night?

Yes, it starts at noon PDT (3 PM eastern). http://gw2status.com/ 6 hours 15 minutes from the time of this post.

And yes, it ends midnight (PDT) on sunday.

And while it doesn't "officially" start till 3pm eastern/12pm pacific the servers tend to be opened up a bit earlier than that. Last beta i think i got in around 2:15 eastern.

so is everything wiped this time? I thought I seen some one say that this was going to be a fresh start for everyone?

Also anyone going to be using ventrilo or anything for this weekends beta so we can get together and play?

I'll be participating in this weekend's beta, if only for today and maybe on Sunday. I plan to stay way from the two new races they are testing out with this event. Hopefully that will reduce the number of people in the other races' starting areas. I'm excited. I hope I like it.

And while it doesn't "officially" start till 3pm eastern/12pm pacific the servers tend to be opened up a bit earlier than that. Last beta i think i got in around 2:15 eastern.

I read something about that too, they generally come up about an hour earlier than scheduled, just in case they have issues there is time to fix them before they are official up and running.

EDIT: I too plan to start playing on the races that have been around before, less congested starter areas and since I haven't got to test out the game yet at all I'll be happy playing as a human character (though my friend wants to try out a sylvari and/or asuran, he can always move to my starter area to cut down on congestion).

so is everything wiped this time? I thought I seen some one say that this was going to be a fresh start for everyone?

Also anyone going to be using ventrilo or anything for this weekends beta so we can get together and play?

Not sure.

If so I have a vent you guys can use (25man), regardless if I have time to play or not.

Yes, everything but contact lists will be deleted.

Man.. the clock is moving slow this morning. Feel's like it's been 11am for the longest time. :laugh:

Another 2 more hours. Guess I better get some stuff done before we can get started. Who's making what? :)

Pretty standard "The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time." error. My firewall is disabled and I am DMZ on my router. Any suggestions?

Sucks that it's up and running but won't let me in. :(

EDIT: I had peerblock running in the background and it was blocking it. My bad, logging in now.

Pretty standard "The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time." error. My firewall is disabled and I am DMZ on my router. Any suggestions?

Sucks that it's up and running but won't let me in. :(

EDIT: I had peerblock running in the background and it was blocking it. My bad, logging in now.

Got my first play in this BWE (was in the first, but not the second or the related Stress Test). Changed to the Asura this time, and will likely stay there when the game goes live. The Asura are technomancers (think Fred and George Weasley on a caffeine high) with some steampunk thrown in - the choice for fans of Rise of Legends, steampunk in general, or Discworld. Decidedly different from any of the previous GW playable races (which is, in fact, why I chose it).

Any particular server we need to be playing on?

Any of the servers that cover your country and region. (I'm on Yak's Bend, one of the NA Region servers.)