Some videos they released:

I like how they say, "You play the game, instead of playing the UI..." which is pretty damn true.

Damn all these teasers though...

Why do I have to wait another month for this? Can't they just turn the servers live then wipe at the beginning of the headstart? :(

Though it did give me time to nail down the character names I want along with everything but their physical appearance.....and I'll be able to jump to the end of the character creation and reserve my names then delete them and make my real characters using the physical features I want them to have.

I always loved GW pvp. They always made it really balanced and fair. You only use those items that everyone else has the option to use. It's more of a rock/paper/scissors type of armor/wep setup. Where you sort of choose what would be better for what you think you are facing or what type of skills you will be using. PvP shouldn't be decided by who spent the most time farming. It should be decided by skill and understanding of the game.

Bought my copy a few days ago for $47 thanks to a nice coupon I found...

Didn't get to play the betas so I'm taking a chance with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIExN1GZK_Q

Very interesting video that talks about GW2s end game for those that are worried it will be lacking. They also talk about legendary weapons and they sound ****ing amazing. That's the first I've heard about any of that stuff and it all just sounds amazing. Especially Orr and the legendary weapons.

I also love how they talk about how they can change around the dynamic events within zones so they may or may not be different from time to time as well. The more I learn about GW2 the more excited I get. :woot:

The looping audio at the beginning only lasts for about 20 seconds or so.

Bought my copy a few days ago for $47 thanks to a nice coupon I found...

Didn't get to play the betas so I'm taking a chance with it.

Did you get it from GMG? I got it from them for that price after the coupon. I was on the fence at $59 (or whatever the normal price is), but at $47 it tipped me over into the shutup-take-my-$$$ category. :rofl:

Did you get it from GMG? I got it from them for that price after the coupon. I was on the fence at $59 (or whatever the normal price is), but at $47 it tipped me over into the shutup-take-my-$$$ category. :rofl:

Yup, that's what did it for me! Haha.

Well, this game alone has made me tell myself (and a couple of my friends agreed) that we are done with subscription based games. I'm simply no longer paying a fee to play a game. Of course I will use the gem store and whatnot, but that is optional, not mandatory.

I can't wait until the pay2play model is completely dead in the water, and most people refuse it.

It was the first Guild Wars that pretty much made sure I'd never subscribe to a traditional MMO - GW2 and the rather surprising rebound that several MMOs that have adopted F2P that is truly that (among them, Global Agenda *and* DCUO) are going to pretty much finish it. (I have noticed that the VAST majority of those that accuse DCUO of being P2W were those that were subscribers under the traditional model (which has remained as the Legendary status) that dropped down - and miss their old props. Sounds like someone didn't do their research.)

I always loved GW pvp. They always made it really balanced and fair. You only use those items that everyone else has the option to use. It's more of a rock/paper/scissors type of armor/wep setup. Where you sort of choose what would be better for what you think you are facing or what type of skills you will be using. PvP shouldn't be decided by who spent the most time farming. It should be decided by skill and understanding of the game.

That and skills in PVP were independently balanced from PVE. A skill in PVE might do one thing, but PVP might be tweaked a bit.

Way better than what other MMOs do that completely nuke an entire class in PVE because they were dominating PVP. Looking at you Blizzard...

That and skills in PVP were independently balanced from PVE. A skill in PVE might do one thing, but PVP might be tweaked a bit.

Way better than what other MMOs do that completely nuke an entire class in PVE because they were dominating PVP. Looking at you Blizzard...

To be fair, GW1 had this issue for a long time, until they broke the connection and the same skill could have PVE and PVP version (and later introduction of PVE only skills with eyes of the north as well).

To be fair, GW1 had this issue for a long time, until they broke the connection and the same skill could have PVE and PVP version (and later introduction of PVE only skills with eyes of the north as well).

At least they recognized that the only way to balance both PVP and PVE is to have separate versions of skills.

SK[' timestamp=1343751282' post='595048337]

Great deal. Shame I paid out full price for the Digital Deluxe!

Yeah, I paid for the Collector's Edition otherwise I'd jump at that price, I'm hoping that it's useful for someone who hasn't bought the game yet though I think we all have at this point. :)

SK[' timestamp=1343751594' post='595048351]

I've forwarded this to some friends. If its not already get this posted on HotUKDeals tbh.

Yeah it's up on there now. :)

Hello!

Remember when you helped NCsoft with some early testing of Guild Wars 2 and a few additional MMO games back in May of 2011?

To show our appreciation for your help and feedback, we are sending you this Guild Wars 2 Digital Deluxe Pre-Purchase Serial Code! Your Guild Wars 2 Digital Deluxe Pre-Purchase Serial Code is below:

Guild Wars 2 Digital Deluxe Pre-Purchase Serial Code: NOTSHOWINGYOUTHISMWAHAHHAHAHA :)

This serial code provides you with the following access:

- Access to any upcoming stress tests

- Three days of Headstart Access

- Hero?s Band

- Guild Wars 2 Game Access

- These additional in-game items:

Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill

Rytlock Miniature

Golem Banker

Chalice of Glory

Tome of Influence

To register your Guild Wars 2 code please go here: https://register.guildwars2.com/

IMPORTANT! Save this e-mail for reference. We recommend that you keep this e-mail with serial code in a safe place for possible future verification purposes.

If you have any questions or need any assistance registering this code, please reply to this message.

Again, we thank you for your help and hope you enjoy Guild Wars 2!

Sincerely,

The NCsoft Support Teams

YAY :)

• Like 3

According to the gw2 facebook, there's a stress test tomorrow(8/2) from noon to 4 pacific.

Awesome, will get a chance to test a few weapon configurations for thief that I didn't do use much before (namely D/D and P/P, p/p is apparently the top thief single target dps while d/d has great aoe condition spreading and overall damage....will probably use shortbow and p/p though, shortbow for aoe, p/p f or single).

Hello!

Remember when you helped NCsoft with some early testing of Guild Wars 2 and a few additional MMO games back in May of 2011?

To show our appreciation for your help and feedback, we are sending you this Guild Wars 2 Digital Deluxe Pre-Purchase Serial Code! Your Guild Wars 2 Digital Deluxe Pre-Purchase Serial Code is below:

Guild Wars 2 Digital Deluxe Pre-Purchase Serial Code: NOTSHOWINGYOUTHISMWAHAHHAHAHA :)

This serial code provides you with the following access:

- Access to any upcoming stress tests

- Three days of Headstart Access

- Hero?s Band

- Guild Wars 2 Game Access

- These additional in-game items:

Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill

Rytlock Miniature

Golem Banker

Chalice of Glory

Tome of Influence

To register your Guild Wars 2 code please go here: https://register.guildwars2.com/

IMPORTANT! Save this e-mail for reference. We recommend that you keep this e-mail with serial code in a safe place for possible future verification purposes.

If you have any questions or need any assistance registering this code, please reply to this message.

Again, we thank you for your help and hope you enjoy Guild Wars 2!

Sincerely,

The NCsoft Support Teams

YAY :)

So jelly! :o :D (Y)

Congrats Shakey! :woot:

Awesome, will get a chance to test a few weapon configurations for thief that I didn't do use much before (namely D/D and P/P, p/p is apparently the top thief single target dps while d/d has great aoe condition spreading and overall damage....will probably use shortbow and p/p though, shortbow for aoe, p/p f or single).

I like Shortbow for the Trick Shot (1st skill) which is just generally good although it's annoying when you're killing one mob and it bounces and hits a non-hostile mob and before you know it, you're being chased by too much :D and the Infiltrator's Arrow (5th skill) which lets you teleport around for added mobility in getting to places is really awesome in PVE, PVP and even WvWvW. The Cluster Bomb ability (2nd skill) which does the AoE isn't very good in my opinion, it already does very little damage compared to some of the other weapon abilities and they are apparently nerfing the damage of the skill again. But yeah Shortbow is a very good weapon to have that you can switch to as a means of escape or kiting mobs with the cripple and jump back using Disabiling Shot.

I mainly run Pistols and with the right setup, Unload can do serious amounts of damage, much more than some people think. Overall, Pistols is quite good, the only thing that really breaks it is the Steal mechanic, which forces you to go into melee range which I really don't like when I'm trying to run around and dodge things. The other thing is Stealth in the game and I understand why it is so but I don't like the way it makes the mobs run away and reset. :( Especially considering I play solo and it's not like I'm just breaking aggro for it to go after someone else, there is no one else. :cry:

Other than that Sword / Dagger and Dagger / Pistol builds seem to be very popular at the moment on Thieves forums.

Man, I've missed every single beta AND I'll be missing tomorrow's stress test due to work! Gah.

That totally sucks! :( I do think it would have been nice to have Beta weeks rather than weekends and I hope you get time to play it when it releases. :)

- Alera :shiftyninja: