I'm so so so so so so sad.... I was able to try out the stress test... and.... my computer just can't handle this game :( I get about 10 fps it seems, unless I make everything look like total ass. I may just suck it up and play it like that for a bit. I am certainly going to upgrade my pc, but it wont happen until December. I'm basically now counting on the new diablo 1.04 patch to keep me entertained until then. Just so sad lol.

What kind of processor you using? Mine sucked pretty bad on an AMD Athlon 64 x2. Upgraded to a Phenom II X4 and it runs like butter. Probably still too CPU dependent.

FWIW we apparently can get a free server transfer for up to one week after the game launches.

Heard this too, though I couldn't find the source for it to confirm.

---

I'll probably be on Anvil Rock or Maguuma, trying to decide from /v/tards and goons. At least with GW2, we could all play together in PvE without issue. See who we like playing with before we make a full commitment to transferring or something. I'm so hyped for this! :D

I'm so so so so so so sad.... I was able to try out the stress test... and.... my computer just can't handle this game :( I get about 10 fps it seems, unless I make everything look like total ass. I may just suck it up and play it like that for a bit. I am certainly going to upgrade my pc, but it wont happen until December. I'm basically now counting on the new diablo 1.04 patch to keep me entertained until then. Just so sad lol.

Optimisation isn't finished yet. They still have some issues. I was playing most of the stress test on 20fps with a 6850 - changing graphics settings either way made no difference. Then the client crashed, and the next time I opened it my fps had shot up to 100+, and was always over 60 on auto detect settings for the rest of the evening, even in busy places.

Optimisation isn't finished yet. They still have some issues. I was playing most of the stress test on 20fps with a 6850 - changing graphics settings either way made no difference. Then the client crashed, and the next time I opened it my fps had shot up to 100+, and was always over 60 on auto detect settings for the rest of the evening, even in busy places.

Exact same here. :(

If there wasn't an update between the times you started up the game, that performance problem sounds like it was on your end. As its really unlikely for such a significant difference to happen on its own.

One of two things happened;

When the client crashed, it deleted a temp file that was corrupting settings.

Or it's a driver issue - CCC doesn't always recognise that it should stop underclocking the card. I can't confirm either to be honest, but I've seen people with Nvidia cards saying that the boost function doesn't work at all.

Pftt. Don't care about the Euro servers...

But but... :cry: Nobody cares about the US Servers! :pinch:

:rofl:

The only EU server I know I'm definitely not going to roll on is Desolation, it's always so full.

Less than 8 days to go now! :woot:

EDIT: I was getting 30 FPS when I first launched during the stress test, restarting the client jumped it back up to 50 where it stayed around for the rest of the stress test. Only have a Phenom 9850 and GTS250 here, medium settings and 1440x1050 resolution. Does anyone know if the game still has problems with overclocking CPU/GPU?

- Alera :shiftyninja:

I don't think so Alera. I had the same issue as you, so I tried turning off Overdrive and it lowered FPS even more.

The fourth time I launched the client my framerate tripled for some reason. No idea why.

I don't think so Alera. I had the same issue as you, so I tried turning off Overdrive and it lowered FPS even more.

The fourth time I launched the client my framerate tripled for some reason. No idea why.

Yeah, no idea about the restarting client causing jumps in framerate, did you notice if the client downloaded anything after you ran it again? Thinking it might have been a smallish patch or something... and I didn't overclock with MSI Afterburner at all during that last stress test just in case it did affect the performance, would be nice to know if it still has any bad effects for the early start. :)

On another note, I've almost got my friend's Hall of Monuments to 30 points, he's currently on 28/30, maybe tomorrow I can stop playing Guild Wars and never go back! :laugh: Unless they give us more birthday presents... :shifty:

Speaking of which, anybody else going to fill the character slots with your characters (nabbing your favourite character names while doing it of course! :laugh:) during the first week in case they decide to give out Birthday Presents every year again in GW2?

Speaking of which, anybody else going to fill the character slots with your characters (nabbing your favourite character names while doing it of course! :laugh:) during the first week in case they decide to give out Birthday Presents every year again in GW2?

Going to buy 3 more slots so I'll have 1 of every profession partly for this very reason. :D

Made a lot of money across my 10 GW1 characters off of presents.

Yeah, no idea about the restarting client causing jumps in framerate, did you notice if the client downloaded anything after you ran it again? Thinking it might have been a smallish patch or something... and I didn't overclock with MSI Afterburner at all during that last stress test just in case it did affect the performance, would be nice to know if it still has any bad effects for the early start. :)

On another note, I've almost got my friend's Hall of Monuments to 30 points, he's currently on 28/30, maybe tomorrow I can stop playing Guild Wars and never go back! :laugh: Unless they give us more birthday presents... :shifty:

Definitely. :woot:

Anet has already said they will be doing holiday events similar to GW1 and that we'll be getting an event for Halloween so I don't see why they wouldn't continue the birthday trend as well.

I'm joining Stormbluff as that will be the NeoGAF server (for US). I'm from the UK but I'm going to try and play on a US server and see how the ping is. The EU NeoGAF server is Gandara.

Fun thing is that most of us will actually be able to play together despite our server choice (granted we're in the proper region). Just got done talking with a fellow WoW player who was talking about queuing for dungeons with awesome people only to have to go back to their servers and be unable to play together.

Just makes me happy knowing that's not how this game will work. :D

Fun thing is that most of us will actually be able to play together despite our server choice (granted we're in the proper region). Just got done talking with a fellow WoW player who was talking about queuing for dungeons with awesome people only to have to go back to their servers and be unable to play together.

Just makes me happy knowing that's not how this game will work. :D

I don't think guesting is even region restricted. I could be wrong about that but I don't remember reading that it is.

Triple ready for this game now. Just finished up assembling my upgrade from Q9550 and DDR2 800 ram. Upgraded to i5-3570k and DDR3 8 gigs of 1600ram.

Also ordered an SSD, which is hopefully will arrive before the game release so I could install it on it with the OS.

Triple ready for this game now. Just finished up assembling my upgrade from Q9550 and DDR2 800 ram. Upgraded to i5-3570k and DDR3 8 gigs of 1600ram.

Also ordered an SSD, which is hopefully will arrive before the game release so I could install it on it with the OS.

Can you send me your old pc? :p

Just to be even more ready you can actually download the client now. Just copy the gw2.dat file and exe to your ssd once you have it. GW2 is extremely portable in this sense because you only need to copy 2 files.