Can you send me your old pc? :p

Every upgrade I do to my main machine, I use the old parts from it to upgrade a bit my other PCs in the house. That way, the parts pass three computers before I'm giving them away and my pcs still keep rocking for lan gaming.

Just to be even more ready you can actually download the client now. Just copy the gw2.dat file and exe to your ssd once you have it. GW2 is extremely portable in this sense because you only need to copy 2 files.

Oh, for that part I've been ready for five months now :D

http://i.imgur.com/TKAj8.jpg

But I still preffer to install the client, just for the shortcuts in the start menu. Going to stop the download and overwrite the files.

There is no separate "release client". The client you had during the beta is the same as what you'll use at launch.

As for crashes, right now there is a crash issue, yes. But afaik it's only if you try to start up the game using "-useoldlauncher" after the new update very early this morning(build 15170).

Those that pre-purchased, got any plants on snatching some names before somone else takes it? I've tried to come up with a few to try and get upon the three days early access, but got nothing.

Yay! :woot: My Collector's Edition has finally been dispatched, I was worried that Zavvi might have been a little slow but apparently it's due by the 23rd. :phone:

For the early start, I'm definitely going to be up 3 hours earlier to make sure that I'm awake for when the servers come up if they come up earlier than planned, hopefully that will help me get ahead in getting the name I want. :) Unless someone else does the exact same thing and takes it away from me. :glare: :pinch:

Just wondering if you guys could vote on which of the following character hairstyles you like, I'm going to be making a Human Thief and I already know which styles I prefer but would like opinions, simply state which number you like the most (Number 4 is horrible :rofl:):

t7SZd.jpg

Also, regarding the region locking, it's only where you play from that is region locked, so if you have a European copy of the game for example, you can only log in from somewhere in Europe (or with an EU IP/Proxy perhaps), you are still able to make characters or guest on American servers and vice versa.

Hope that cleared it up for you! :)

- Alera :shiftyninja:

just received an email from ncsoft telling me that i should buy the game since it starts in 5 days ( head start ) on the email acount i had used to register my purchased copy of GW 2 :D , am worried :p ,

In the account page i have the GW2 box and a download underneath it , is that how it should look if you bought it ?

Sry if i didnt make to much sense :p

Just wondering if you guys could vote on which of the following character hairstyles you like, I'm going to be making a Human Thief and I already know which styles I prefer but would like opinions, simply state which number you like the most (Number 4 is horrible :rofl:):

That's kind of awkward.....I too plan on making a human female thief.....hairstyle for mine is going to be #2 from your picture with the same hair color......

That being said, I would say #2 cause I prefer short hair (not like guy-short, but I prefer short over long hair)...but you'll look almost exactly like me. :p

We'll probably be on different servers though (Yaks Bend).

While i don't really have any good multi-angle screenshots of it, i liked this hairstyle of my thief. And i'll most likely remake my thief just like this.

gw056.jpg

I wouldn't mind that style if it didn't have the hair pulled to the side, it looks too "unbalanced", I think it would look a lot better with the hair down (I like how it looks from the front, except the hair pulled to the side).

I assume our beta clients will also work upon release, if kept up to date?

I hope so, because I tried using the release client and it crashes everytime.

In the fist game the beta client was working upon release if it was up to date. You can assure your client is up to date by simply running it.

That's the cool thing about GW. The game client is universal and will update to the full version of the game when you start it.

In fact i downloaded the client this weeked even if i still don't own the game. The client downloaded all the required files to play the game so i wont have to install the game later when it will be released.

That's kind of awkward.....I too plan on making a human female thief.....hairstyle for mine is going to be #2 from your picture with the same hair color......

That being said, I would say #2 cause I prefer short hair (not like guy-short, but I prefer short over long hair)...but you'll look almost exactly like me. :p

We'll probably be on different servers though (Yaks Bend).

Yeah, different servers, going to either Gandara or Gunnar's Hold. I like the second one the best too and hey! :rofl: It's you who'll look exactly like me! I've had this style since the first BWE! My long lost twin. :laugh:

I'm not sure on whether I'll go for number 2 or 3, I wanted to try and make a character who looks like Isabela from Dragon Age 2 but it's not possible with the human, would have to go Norn for the bandana style. :(

That's a nice looking character Blackhearted, I'd use that hairstyle for a caster probably though, maybe a guardian. It'd be nice as Nagisan said if it just had the fringe/bangs and long hair at the back.

Would also be nice to see more screenshots of characters in this thread though. :)

- Alera :shiftyninja:

I now fine myself back on the fence, been looking at the games i plan to buy this fall and I just don't think I have another mmo in me. I'm keeping my CE pre-order till the last second though.

We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Tuesday, August 21 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you?re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation?we?ll see you in-game!

--

Please note:

* The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.

* Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.

* The Stress Test will include Spanish text localization. ~RB2

Probably going to skip this stress test to play the 1.0.4 D3 patch tomorrow since we won't keep anything we will be doing....but I may jump on a little bit to finish ironing out my first few characters (already have my main planned out, have a few others I wanna do the same with).

Awesome! :woot: Patiently waiting for my CE box to arrive anytime in the next hour!

Probably will use this stress test to finish designing characters to the way I want them to look and maybe take screenshots of the sliders and stuff for the early start. Nice for them to do though after the amount of people who have been asking for another stress test. :)

- Alera! :shiftyninja:

Stress test starts in 5 hours. Leaving to work in less than one hour for my last day before my vacation starts.

Really wanted to give a test drive to the ranger before release :(

So according to the GW2 client the 301.42 nvidia drivers have an issue with GW2. But those are the latest drivers on the nvidia site that aren't beta drivers.

Anyone using the latest nvidia beta drivers or heard anything about them? Are they melting peoples cards or what?

I dunno what they did, but now my bwe3 sylvari guardian is a whole different color than i originally made it and it looks bad now.

After playing just 5 minutes.. client performance has improved quite a lot it's very noticeable. Plus there are now more graphics options. They've also added a handy little fps meter in the options menu so you can actually see what your performance is. On mostly high settings, with shadows at low or medium I get about 35-50 fps in crowded areas. That's very nice.

And! Hall of Monument Stuff appears to be in the game now. When I logged in a got the band of heroes and it asked me to verify my account. Which I'm assuming links or GW1 games to GW2. I haven't gotten the email to do that yet. :pinch:

Screen shot of the new graphics options for those that can't get into the test:

594270162.jpg

UI size change works again, too.

^The LOD option doesn't seem to work. Or atleast, i can't see any difference either visually or performance-wise. The "best texture filtering" option makes the game look noticeably better, but the framerate hit can be too heavy to make it useful(upto 15fps of drop in some areas). Overall though, my performance seems to have actually dropped a little with the new build for this stress test. with no change to settings from last test.

As for the hero's band, that's a prepurchase item, not an HOM item.

On another note.. it's kinda bad i'm still seeing this issue coming up as badly as it does in certain spots when we're 3 days from going live:

gw266.jpg