Does anyone know where the validation email is coming from? I have clicked on the send validation button at least 5 times in the last hour and have not gotten a single email from them.

Does anyone know where the validation email is coming from? I have clicked on the send validation button at least 5 times in the last hour and have not gotten a single email from them.

This was mine:

noreply@guildwars2.com

Thanks for creating a Guild Wars account!

You're almost done-we just need you to confirm your email address by clicking the link below.

<snip>

Need help or have questions about your account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.

--The ArenaNet Team

It didn't show up for me the first time as well.

After playing just 5 minutes.. client performance has improved quite a lot it's very noticeable. Plus there are now more graphics options. They've also added a handy little fps meter in the options menu so you can actually see what your performance is. On mostly high settings, with shadows at low or medium I get about 35-50 fps in crowded areas. That's very nice.

And! Hall of Monument Stuff appears to be in the game now. When I logged in a got the band of heroes and it asked me to verify my account. Which I'm assuming links or GW1 games to GW2. I haven't gotten the email to do that yet. :pinch:

Screen shot of the new graphics options for those that can't get into the test:

UI size change works again, too.

I'm using the latest beta drivers (304.79) and granted I'm only using a GTS250 but it hasn't melted or anything. Problem is, I was getting around 25 frames per second up to mid 30's on my usual settings which got around 50fps in the last stress test since I last updated the driver.

Weirdly enough, everyone (well apparently everyone according to my friends) got the Deluxe/CE box items in their mail to redeem even though they only bought the Standard Edition, not sure if they were just testing to see if it worked or not. :/

^The LOD option doesn't seem to work. Or at least, i can't see any difference either visually or performance-wise.

It does work, it's just not very noticeable, it seems to add things like more leaves to trees or more stones in ruins etc when you're off in the distance, instead of loading as you get really close, makes everything look better without needing to stand next to it to see it in full detail. :/

I spent 25-30 minutes making a character and messing about with sliders. Ended up writing down the values and options I picked and then quit the game to play CS:GO instead, which my friend bought for me nicely enough after I helped him get to 30/50 in Hall of Monuments. :D

Can't wait for the early start though! Bring on the weekend, :woot: I want to get started already without my character being wiped. :cry:

- Alera :shiftyninja:

Ugh. Did the update servers died, or something? Came back from work just in time for a quick try of the ranger (gw2status.com says there's still ~17 minutes left) and upon launching the launcher for update, this happens after a few seconds of downloading the files at 6-10 megabytes per second: http://i.imgur.com/gU1bZ.jpg (notice the download speed) :angry:

edit: Speed returned to normal after restarting the launcher... but the game still doesn't want me to try the ranger ebfore release :(

http://i.imgur.com/9xRw4.jpg

Email authentication? I didn't get this option.....how do you get it to prompt you? Mine didn't popup on login.....would definitely use it though, it isn't a true two-factor authentication (since it uses your email which can be compromised digitally, just like your game account), but it is more secure than them only needing your game account info.

Email authentication? I didn't get this option.....how do you get it to prompt you? Mine didn't popup on login.....would definitely use it though, it isn't a true two-factor authentication (since it uses your email which can be compromised digitally, just like your game account), but it is more secure than them only needing your game account info.

But you should be using two-factor authentication email. So kind of moot.

It only asked on the webpage not the game client, sadly.

But you should be using two-factor authentication email. So kind of moot.

Very true, I didn't think about enabling it (forgot gmail had the option). Still doesn't change the fact that I never got prompted for a verification email by GW2 (it never even mentioned it on logon). Did they activate it some time into the stress test? I only logged in at the beginning to tweak some of my character customization options I plan on using on my characters and then went back to D3, so it's possible they didn't activate it till 20 minutes after it went live and I completely missed it....though their support site says: "Log in to Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2." when it talks about activating it, just tried logging into the first GW and it still didn't prompt me.

EDIT: Ah, on the website only? That would make more sense as to why I didn't get the prompt.....is it disabled till the headstart now? Just logged into the site and still didn't get the prompt.

Very true, I didn't think about enabling it (forgot gmail had the option). Still doesn't change the fact that I never got prompted for a verification email by GW2 (it never even mentioned it on logon). Did they activate it some time into the stress test? I only logged in at the beginning to tweak some of my character customization options I plan on using on my characters and then went back to D3, so it's possible they didn't activate it till 20 minutes after it went live and I completely missed it....though their support site says: "Log in to Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2." when it talks about activating it, just tried logging into the first GW and it still didn't prompt me.

EDIT: Ah, on the website only? That would make more sense as to why I didn't get the prompt.....is it disabled till the headstart now? Just logged into the site and still didn't get the prompt.

I'm not certain. I only got it after I "activated" my account today.

What do you mean you "activated" your account? I didn't see that option either >.<

Begin confusion.. :rofl:

When I logged into the client, it told me to validate my email/account by sending me an email with a link to do that.

Begin confusion.. :rofl:

When I logged into the client, it told me to validate my email/account by sending me an email with a link to do that.

That's the problem, mine never asked me to validate my account, maybe they only started doing it shortly after the stress test started as opposed to as soon as it went live? Oh well, guess we'll find out in a few days.

I was very happy on all of them. bollywood made me smile a lot, as well as the tom jones dance :D

must be my generation! hehe

No, my ex and I loved them all too!

This game... I just can't get over it, and it's not even out yet. 6tHis.gif

For anyone that wants a very in depth refresher on the lore of GW1/2:

Well worth the watch, I think.

And it's hard to believe there are only 3 days left. We've only been waiting 5 years.

Anyone else having trouble downloading the client? My installer just opens a window and says "Downloading 0KB (0KB/sec)" forever. This is on Windows 8 RTM.

The client starts and checks for updates fine for me. Check and make sure you don't have anything running that may be blocking the connection.

Anyone else having trouble downloading the client? My installer just opens a window and says "Downloading 0KB (0KB/sec)" forever. This is on Windows 8 RTM.

Just opened the client to check and no problems. Downloads the latest update (since yesterday) and in good speed too.

Try to restart the client a few times. I had similar problem yesterday and restarting the client solved it for me.

Charr and Norn are just terrible. Asura and Sylvari are pretty good. Human is kinda meh.

Norn dance... terrible?!! Take it back! Take it baaaaaaack!!! :cry: :angry: :cry:

That's like the one dance I will get up to do every time! :laugh:

I had that this morning briefly. I just left the client open in the background while I did other stuff. After about five minutes it had updated so I guess it just took a while to connect.