Most of the dances suck. So disappointed. :(

The humans dance sucked. But I enjoyed the rest, even if I didn't quite understand them.

Norn was hilarious. I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the Carlton. :p

You guys that have it working, are you running Windows 8? I contacted NCSoft and got this:

Thank you for your inquiry. Currently, we do not support Windows 8 since it is not officially released until October 26th. Close to that date, please watch guildwars2.com and our Guild Wars 2 Facebook page for any updates on this matter.

If you struggle with putting Guild Wars 2 on XP, Vista, or 7, we will be able to assist you.

Regards,

James

NCsoft Technical Support

Guild Wars 2 runs perfectly fine on Windows 8, except that the last time I tried I couldn't access the Black Lion Trading Company or whatever they're calling their marketplace. I meant to log in yesterday during the stress test to see if that'd been fixed yet, but I forgot.

https://www.guildwar...nd-performance/

Article about performance and optimization, a few benchmarks. Mine is pretty much right on target with what the benchmark shows.

That second graph seems a bit off. A 6900 series should be a good bit faster than a 6700 series card but it's not. And the 4870 is shown as being slightly faster than the 4890 there. Neither of those things should be as they are there.

That second graph seems a bit off. A 6900 series should be a good bit faster than a 6700 series card but it's not. And the 4870 is shown as being slightly faster than the 4890 there. Neither of those things should be as they are there.

The 6900 is a 6900m vs 6700. I have no clue about the other, though.

I was referring to the 6970/6990 not the 6900m. Those would be the desktop cards.

Considering it says Auto-Detect, could it be that Vertical Sync was turned on for those cards, they all seem to be about 58-59 FPS so, the 4870 getting better performance can probably be explained by driver issues perhaps. Not really sure, just trying to take a stab at guessing what the issues are there. :laugh:

Interesting though, thanks for posting that Trag3dy. That's probably why I was getting poor performance in comparison to previous tests. Still not sure why restarting the game caused it to perform better though, here's hoping NVIDIA release new drivers soon and that ArenaNet keep going with the optimisations. :)

- Alera :shiftyninja:

There is currently an hour long stress test going on right now. I don't know what they could possible be stressing though considering they literally posted it will be happening as it happened and it's fairly late. :rofl:

All previous characters have been wiped, too.

Logged in, market works fine now, so I can now say that GW2 works 100% perfectly well with Windows 8 (RTM). Yay! I'm not going to play right now, though, cos with release coming up in a few days, well, what's the point? I can't wait, though!

Logged in, market works fine now, so I can now say that GW2 works 100% perfectly well with Windows 8 (RTM). Yay! I'm not going to play right now, though, cos with release coming up in a few days, well, what's the point? I can't wait, though!

To stress the **** out of their servers. :p

I like how they gave us all a 10 minutes heads up lol!

That's funny....I wen't through the character selections again and re-confirmed my choices (changed the hair color on my thief cause I like dark red over black)....picked a skin color I liked best (after looking through them again). Went to update my character choices list and I had picked the same exact skin color the 2nd time around as I had picked the first time. Guess it's the right one if I can make the same choice again without remembering what I picked the first time around.

Also got my norn options fixed up.....tall muscular (medium-sized body) female norn warrior with short blonde hair, ice blue eyes and pale skin (growing up covering yourself to keep warm tends to make your skin lighter than those Lion's Arch Norns).

Missed the test earlier this week due to D3 1.0.4 so I'm glad I got to cement my options so I'm not wasting time looking through the options come Saturday as opposed to making progress.

EDIT: Also, it asked me to confirm my email when I logged in this time, unlike the last stress test.

To stress the **** out of their servers. :p

I like how they gave us all a 10 minutes heads up lol!

All the servers were labeled low popluation though. That''s what they get for doing it 9pm and with a last minute announcement I guess. :rofl:

Did anyone check out the sylvari tonight? Have they always been all glowy and I just didn't notice it or is that new? I'm pretty sure it's new, though.

All the servers were labeled low popluation though. That''s what they get for doing it 9pm and with a last minute announcement I guess. :rofl:

Did anyone check out the sylvari tonight? Have they always been all glowy and I just didn't notice it or is that new? I'm pretty sure it's new, though.

There's an option when you create them to set the glow you want. That's why they put in an option to turn the lighting on and off, if ya didn't notice it before. :p

A friend of mine just had an email from Play.com saying their copy has been shipped. No sign on my Amazon account :(

Called Amazon yesterday and I was told that they won't ship until the 28th as its not released until the 29th - No amount of confincing would change her mind. I cancelled my order and placed it with game.co.uk. I've just received an email to say its been shipped :D

Is anyone up to date on the key regions? Back in beta times I remember reading that if you buy an EU key, when you initially log in you will be on EU servers but you can choose US ones, youll just get logged out for a lil bit and then you're good to go. Is that still the case?

Is anyone up to date on the key regions? Back in beta times I remember reading that if you buy an EU key, when you initially log in you will be on EU servers but you can choose US ones, youll just get logged out for a lil bit and then you're good to go. Is that still the case?

If I recall correctly, you are allowed to guest onto other regions, but your home server must be in the region your key is for.

If I recall correctly, you are allowed to guest onto other regions, but your home server must be in the region your key is for.

Thanks for replying Nel, the info I was talking about that goes back to beta is this, just wondering if this has been superceded you think?

http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2