Still major trouble downloading the client on Win 8 RTM. The patcher window is blank and it says 0KB downloaded (0KB/sec). There obviously invisible buttons and fields because as I move my mouse the pointer changes. I wish I could get this to work.

Sounds like you have a router/firewall blocking you.

Sounds like you have a router/firewall blocking you.

Or alter the gw2.exe to always run as an administrator.

You're not forced to take the hat, ya know.

DEYZ CALLECTIBLZ!!! :woot:

Just messing heh. So is everyone making 5 character in case they do birthdays again? And if so: what're you're top 5 picks? I can only name three:

Norn Guardian

Asura Warrior

Human Elementalist

All I know is that I don't want to play a Charr, and Sylvari.. meh, not sure what I'd make. Maybe Sylvari Ranger? Not sure.

Sitting here staring at the https://twitter.com/GuildWars2 waiting for them to say "FUGGIN... GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

it's nice that the servers are already up but i'm quite ****ed off by how as little as 30 seconds after the god damn servers are up every ****ing name i can think of is somehow already taken.

it's nice that the servers are already up but i'm quite ****ed off by how as little as 30 seconds after the god damn servers are up every ****ing name i can think of is somehow already taken.

All names of "active" people in Guild Wars are reserved until the end of the early access, so before the first person made a character in GW2 there were lots of names already taken.

Looks like there's a GW2 version of wowhead up and running already. It's not perfect yet, of course, but it'll likely be as useful as wowhead was.

http://www.guildhead.com/

WOOHOO! It'sn't blocked here at work! the only thing gaming related that isn't besides this forum (seriously even /r/gaming is, yet somehow the rest of reddit is okay)

also, finally used a double contraction!

All names of "active" people in Guild Wars are reserved until the end of the early access, so before the first person made a character in GW2 there were lots of names already taken.

That's just the two word names. Any single word names you could possibly think of were instantly taken in a stupidly unrealistic amount of time

That's just the two word names. Any single word names you could possibly think of were instantly taken in a stupidly unrealistic amount of time
my name wasn't, I will be ****ed if someone does.

It was fast. I got the two I wanted (Slane was the only one I though would go quick, as far as I know I'm the only one using Madslane), but now whilst making the rest of my characters, getting stuck at the name selection part. Keeps telling me it can't connect due to a firewall or some ****. Even though the first two went through with no problem and I can log into the game. I'm chalking it up to servers getting hammered.

You also have to remember, due to the way WvWvW works, names are unique among ALL worlds....if one person on Sorrow's Furnace takes the name "Drew", nobody on any other world can use that name.

i just ordered it, ill see how i like it. liked GW1, but got bored of it after a short time, lol

"Let's give them free **** so they have to buy more bank space"

Dammit.

I had so many hats from GW1 cluttering my characters inventories before they put in the custume npc. :rofl: