Authorization servers still down. Client was updated though.

Think the patch server's broke now too, got partially through the update and it died.

Got to level 14 and a half, everyone on my friends list was already kicked out of the game, playing for 30 minutes with no one in sight and everything is going good, having fun. Then I alt-tab out to talk to friends on steam who aren't in game, then go back and the dreaded Invalid Password message. :cry: And now I have the patcher issue as well, on top of all that I didn't get to take my name. I guess someone else was just quicker. :(

Hopefully they fix this soon!

- Alera :shiftyninja:

Yeah. And another client update was released.

Unfortunately, authorization servers are still down :(

With the exception of the chef and jeweler disciplines, what profession your character is would change that answer of which to go with.

Logged in, there's a patch seems to be 45mb, stuck at 44.9. :(

Thats alright at least you're 99% there...a lot of people the patcher d/l won't even start or sits at 1-2..KB

What?

I guess i shoulda used the word Class there. Anyway, what i mean is, aside from those two i listed(which can benefit any class), what you would want to pick of the others would vary depending on your character class.

edit: yay! finally back in!

My main is a necromancer. Want to pick a professions that would be helpful to him and my secondary, which is probably going to be a ranger (I have no idea when I'll create it, as I want to first level up my main to max).

And woot. I'm in too :D

For a necro(and any light armor class) tailoring would be very useful. Artificer would be useful for it too.

As for ranger, a couple good picks are leatherworker and huntsman.

Or alter the gw2.exe to always run as an administrator.

Believe me, I've tried it all. Firewall and Defender off, running as Administrator, compatibility modes. Finally I found a forum where someone posted a link to another launcher and worked and I played the game this morning.

Believe me, I've tried it all. Firewall and Defender off, running as Administrator, compatibility modes. Finally I found a forum where someone posted a link to another launcher and worked and I played the game this morning.

Happy to hear you finally made it in! :)

Just ate breakfast, ready to get back to it! :D

Still can't run this game. I get a max of like 12 fps in areas with nothing happening, and even worse when there is action... im a sad panda. Just have to upgrade pc sometime soon.

Still can't run this game. I get a max of like 12 fps in areas with nothing happening, and even worse when there is action... im a sad panda. Just have to upgrade pc sometime soon.

I can't seem to run it all that well with my i5-3570K, 8GB of RAM, and a GTX 680 at 1920x1080 (we're looking at 40-50FPS in empty places and 20-30FPS during action).

I have no idea what the problem is but I'm more than displeased. I'm getting the same performance I did a few months ago when I played during a Stress Test. Word is out that there are massive improvements coming from Nvidia drivers this week, but nothing reliable yet.

I can't seem to run it all that well with my i5-3570K, 8GB of RAM, and a GTX 680 at 1920x1080 (we're looking at 40-50FPS in empty places and 20-30FPS during action).

I have no idea what the problem is but I'm more than displeased. I'm getting the same performance I did a few months ago when I played during a Stress Test. Word is out that there are massive improvements coming from Nvidia drivers this week, but nothing reliable yet.

Are you using the beta drivers? The launcher had told me before the headstart started that they recommended the 304.79 driver.

Well, at least you got the game for free. :rofl:

Is there a different client or is the Beta client just patched to the retail version?

Is there a different client or is the Beta client just patched to the retail version?

It's the same client....I haven't re-installed the client since I initially installed it during BWE3.

Are you using the beta drivers? The launcher had told me before the headstart started that they recommended the 304.79 driver.

Yup, those are the drivers I'm using. I also tried the 305.67 developer drivers for the hell of it but with no luck.