im on the Dragonrend server if there is a Neowin guild hopefully its there

for those that cannot verify their email address if you go to the Support page for Guild wars 2 they have it listed as a current issue and that it is not required to play the game.

Announcements:

• If you're having trouble verifying your email address, you can play without verifying your email address by clicking "Play" on the Guild Wars 2 Launcher if you already downloaded the client. We're working to fix email verification, and you can verify your address once we do.
  • Guild invites cannot be sent at this time. Additionally, some players who were in guilds have been kicked and cannot be reinvited. We're investigating.
  • Error 9 means that your account does not have Headstart access. If you pre-ordered, as opposed to pre-purchasing, your Headstart access will start at 0:00 PDT, on August 27th.
  • For information on other error messages, please click here.
  • When sending in game mail be sure to send it to the 'Character Name' of the player who is the recipient of the goods, not the recipient's account/display name.

for those that cannot verify their email address if you go to the Support page for Guild wars 2 they have it listed as a current issue and that it is not required to play the game.

Thank you!

Lots of you probably already know this, but for those that didn't participate in the betas and such, here's a nice little FYI: be sure to check any water (lakes/ocean/streams/etc) you find! There is a nice underwater area in the Norn starter area to explore, I never knew it was there in the BWEs. Underwater combat is really nice.

I still don't understand what the "Overflow realm" is all about. Why is there a "main" server for an area and then "overflow" servers? If I'm playing solo is there any reason to be on a main server as oppose to an overflow server? If there isn't any reason, is there anyway to turn off the dialog boxes about it? I don't care if I'm on an overflow server and I don't like it bugging me that I can join the main server.

I still don't understand what the "Overflow realm" is all about. Why is there a "main" server for an area and then "overflow" servers? If I'm playing solo is there any reason to be on a main server as oppose to an overflow server? If there isn't any reason, is there anyway to turn off the dialog boxes about it? I don't care if I'm on an overflow server and I don't like it bugging me that I can join the main server.

My assumption is the main realm is on better hardware, better latency, etc. I end up on an overflow all the time, and I agree with the want to be able to disable the dialogs, and the auto-ignore of joining main.

The idea is that when the zones on your realm are being hammered with crazy amounts of people, that people will just be moved over to the overflow instead, where they can keep playing the game while in queue to be on their actual realm. The entire process works out rather seamlessly, and it's a helluva lot better than staring at "In queue position 3283, estimated wait 30+ minutes" as other MMOs have you do where you're literally stuck being unable to play the game at all.

Only issue with it seems to be trying to party properly with others, but these are only minor hiccups I think that will improve with time. Overall, I'll take non-laggy servers and being able to actually play the game any day over what Blizzard did by increasing server caps which put the stability in question, leaving you unable to play the game one way or the other in past expansion releases.

• Like 2

Got the SSD a few ago. Updated its firmware, formated it and installed the OS with all the drivers. Looks who's on the top already :D

http://i.imgur.com/sUmEJ.jpg

Nice, my SSD is gonna be here tomorrow. Not looking forward to reformatting, but I heard it's generally best to reformat when going to an SSD. Stupid thing is sitting at my post office 5 minutes away! Wish I could just go in and take it. I was about to play just now, but their FB account said they're pushing out a client update. 30+ minutes passed and still no client update. Might as well start playing...

Man I wanna play GW2 so badly. Unfortunately I won't be able to get the game for awhile now, money is a situation now let's say. And of course I had to watch Gamespot's live steam they are doing for the launch, and mannnnnnn, wanna play so bad!

Man I wanna play GW2 so badly. Unfortunately I won't be able to get the game for awhile now, money is a situation now let's say. And of course I had to watch Gamespot's live steam they are doing for the launch, and mannnnnnn, wanna play so bad!

You aren't missing out on much.. It's really not that great. (just trying to cheer you up, it's amazing.... I'd rob a street pimp or something if I were you)

• Like 2

Just fired up the game and getting ready to play tonight for a little bit...and login servers are down. :cry: Why me?

EDIT: Apparently there was just now an update. Don't know what they did, but my FPS went from a nice 60fps, to 20fps. The game is barely playable, dipping down to 5fps. They certainly messed something up from last night to tonight.

There was two updates released within an hour of each other. No idea what they did. After the both updates had bad lag in the char starting zone.

I'm level 24, nearly 25, and I've only done Sylari, Asure, Norn, and halfway through Charr starting zones. 100% map completion in each one as well as Lion's Arch. Think I'm up to like 16-17 world completion. Just slowly making progress. Downscaling is fantastic. I'm stronger than w/e level I'm out due to traits/skills, but it's not to noticeable.

I don't suppose any kind soul would be willing to buy me the game, and then let me pay them back over the next couple of months? Because otherwise, it's going to be late October before I'm going to be able to get the game myself now.

Did I ever mention how I hate my life? :(

Finally able to get on after working all weekend. Ended up rolling a Norn Guardian. Joined a casual guild found through guildwars2guru, playing on Sanctum of Rall.

bootymonkey.4920

I don't suppose any kind soul would be willing to buy me the game, and then let me pay them back over the next couple of months? Because otherwise, it's going to be late October before I'm going to be able to get the game myself now.

Did I ever mention how I hate my life? :(

Have PayPal?

I do have Paypal, but I have no bank account that I can link to it. So it's pretty much worthless for sending and/or receiving funds etc. The only way I'd be able to pay anyone back literally would be by sending cash/check or depositing directly into their bank account etc. Which is why I kinda figured this would be pretty unlikely to occur. But, thanks for the offer and even thinking about it :)

So from the looks of it, i guess they plan to officially launch the game here in 2 hours while leaving players still without the means to buy and sell items.

So from the looks of it, i guess they plan to officially launch the game here in 2 hours while leaving players still without the means to buy and sell items.

It's not like they can delay the launch and just say "sorry folks, not everything going as intended, but give us your money and we'll let you play whenever" again. While it is irritating I'd rather be able to play than not.

Yeah, I don't think an auction house is a must have for a new MMO launch. Most people, like myself, are going to be <level 10 for awhile because we don't have a clue what we are doing. The rest of you can power level to 99 or 199 or whatever the max level is (see, i don't even know yet...) :-P.