Yep, just hit tilde key. In beta I was hitting the little button next to 1 skill (and before that was using the inventory). So much easier with tilde :laugh:

Ok, one more stupid question: how does WvWvW work? If Yak's Bend has such a large pop, how do the other worlds compete? I play on Sanctum of Rall, medium pop...what's the point? And does WvWvW reset every month or few months? Thought I read that before somewhere...

Personally, I don't think there's an issue with population right now so much as there is with organization. 4chan's official server was to be Sea of Sorrows. Day 1, they obliterated everything. Now, they're getting their faces smashed in because raw numbers won't work against real organization that exists on Northern Shiverpeaks (if that's the name, I don't remember). It's all rather interesting in my opinion. :)

Got my build worked out last night for my guardian. Looks something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUEQRApe8elUgKCXFSLEfIFS2DDMBXQbB1CueoQSEDB

Gonna see how it works out. Will be starting a level 30 dungeon tonight probably.

Personally, I don't think there's an issue with population right now so much as there is with organization. 4chan's official server was to be Sea of Sorrows. Day 1, they obliterated everything. Now, they're getting their faces smashed in because raw numbers won't work against real organization that exists on Northern Shiverpeaks (if that's the name, I don't remember). It's all rather interesting in my opinion. :)

Northern Shiverpeaks Represent! woop woop!

Got my build worked out last night for my guardian. Looks something like this: http://gw2skills.net...BXQbB1CueoQSEDB

Indeed, it is interesting. For me it holds more interest than the politicking system in Tera - although I've only read up on it, haven't actually experienced it.

I'm currently on the American Borlins Pass server, can hardly ever play Enter all Battlegrounds as Yaks Bend just Zerg rush with sheer numbers.

Stupid question, but how do you leave World vs World and go back to where you were?

edit: Never mind, apparently you can only go through the gates and then spend money to warp back to a waypoint.

I'm currently on the American Borlins Pass server, can hardly ever play Enter all Battlegrounds as Yaks Bend just Zerg rush with sheer numbers.

Guess I picked the right home server to begin with then :p

I managed to use the auction house for a few minutes before it went down. The entire layout is pretty bad. As far as I can tell, you can't search items by class type or limit them to only showing a certain type of armor, etc. If they could design something similar to the Aion Trade Broker, that would be amazing. It works really well and it's super easy to find what you're looking for.

QFcDf.jpg

The auction house isn't actually down anymore. It's just been released to about 15% of the population. There's an article on reddit by Arenanet with an update on issues. They have a major patch coming tonight at midnight Seattle time.

I managed to use the auction house for a few minutes before it went down. The entire layout is pretty bad. As far as I can tell, you can't search items by class type or limit them to only showing a certain type of armor, etc. If they could design something similar to the Aion Trade Broker, that would be amazing. It works really well and it's super easy to find what you're looking for.

Really? Because I think the market trumps AIons brokers in just about every way.

Anyways, level 55! For future reference if anyone needs to get some Vials of Blood (not thin or weak) the minotaurs in Blazeridge Steep (level 40-50, right side of the map) are a good place to get them. There is a place right in the middle of the map that has about 10 fairly close to each other and minotaurs are easy to kill and don't have any annoying mechanics to fight against like knock downs or daze.

Edit: And that reddit article says that they will do another maintenance tonight but so far there have been no in game messages stating they would like last night. They started saying the servers would be down 3 hours ahead of time.

I managed to get into the trading post, copper ore was selling for 40 copper, yet iron ore was selling for 7...

Sounds about right, as there's a greater demand for those trying to get their crafting off the ground.

Since the servers are down:

http://techland.time...ame-experience/

An interesting read for sure. I could gush for hours about how amazing GW2 is but I'd just like to point out again how different the design philosophies are between 2 major games. Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3. Diablo 3 was designed to take advantage of players by forcing them to spend money. Guild Wars 2 was designed with the idea of that if it's not fun it shouldn't be in the game.

Turn off sales?

To clarify what I mean by that, we sell the game on our website and we also sell the game at retail. And we know how many boxes we?ve created, so we know how many copies can possibly sell through retail. If it gets to the point where sales are so high that it would be unwise of us to keep selling on our website because it wouldn?t leave enough slots for all the people who?ve already bought and all the people we know are going to buy, then we?d just turn off sales.

That would be a shocking thing to do, obviously ? not something that you ever see in the games industry ? but for me it?s an easy decision, because for me, Guild Wars 2 is a long-term project. I want players to keep having a great experience, and I know if we had to turn off sales temporarily, it?d be okay.

You would never hear that from acti-blizzard.

• Like 2

This game is owning my life. So many secret areas, clickies, Achievements, etc.

Oh... and it has (by far) the most fun dungeon I've ever played in an MMO. It's hidden

in Lion's Arch, a pirate dungeon. Turn your volume up and don't cheat with Youtube. :)

Since the servers are down:

http://techland.time...ame-experience/

An interesting read for sure. I could gush for hours about how amazing GW2 is but I'd just like to point out again how different the design philosophies are between 2 major games. Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3. Diablo 3 was designed to take advantage of players by forcing them to spend money. Guild Wars 2 was designed with the idea of that if it's not fun it shouldn't be in the game.

Excellent read, thanks. Still can't believe how smooth its been (for me anyway). Have not one time been unable to log-in or kicked from the game or even froze.

And good to see I'm not the only slow player :) I have no intention of rushing through this.

This game is owning my life. So many secret areas, clickies, Achievements, etc.

Oh... and it has (by far) the most fun dungeon I've ever played in an MMO. It's hidden

in Lion's Arch, a pirate dungeon. Turn your volume up and don't cheat with Youtube. :)

Wait.. there's something DOWN there? I died trying to slide down... Now I know what I'm doing when the servers are back up! :o

539914519.jpg

I honestly cannot believe that people have claimed Guild Wars 2 has bad graphics. Or that WoW or any other game has better. Literally every time I enter a new area I'm blown away and I think to myself "this is definitely my favorite looking area so far!"

God I'm such a fan boy. :rofl:

I honestly cannot believe that people have claimed Guild Wars 2 has bad graphics. Or that WoW or any other game has better.

Literally every time I enter a new area I'm blown away and I think to myself "this is definitely my favorite looking area so far!"

God I'm such a fan boy. :rofl:

Someone would have to be blind and dumb to say WoW actually looks decent nowadays.

• Like 1

I've been having issues doing some jumping puzzles and vista because the size of my character. He gets stuck and it appears like I'm not moving my character or the camera but I actually am. I'm not the only one having that issue with max size characters though so hopefully they can fix it.

Wait.. there's something DOWN there? I died trying to slide down... Now I know what I'm doing when the servers are back up! :o

oh god, screw that cave. I was lost for like 20 minutes, but you get a cool reward at the end!

I've been getting my a** handed to me by simple mobs in Wayfarer Hills, so i decided to go to Hoelbrak to see what was going on there. My eyes were opened, i found i could learn crafting there. I literally spent about 2 hours in the crafting area, just looking at all the different items i could make. As i'm an elementalist i figured starting out with being a Tailor and Artificer. Plus because i didn't realise Hoelbrak was like this, i spent a number of hours in Warfarer Hills so i collected quite a lot of materials. Turns out to build this light armour i wanted, i need Jute scraps. One of the few common materials i don't have much of :laugh: and the vendor only sells Jute thread. So now i have to go back to Warfarer and farming some jute scraps.

Really liking the game now i am understanding it more, i had to stop yesterday because the lag was awful, every 5 minutes it would freeze, the overflow server was actually more stable. I think an elementalist will benefit more when i'm a higher level and i'm a bit more powerful (or just need better armour). I think soloing it as i am now, is a little more difficult. Also i think i need to tweak the controls. dodging just feels broken.

I'll get there. :laugh:

• Like 2

I just went outside the main area (the Human starting zone area) and lo and behold, enemies my level and events! I quickly grouped up with random people (I like how we all get XP like in Realm of the Mad God xp trains!) and went from level 5 (or 6) to almost level 8 now. Also, watching some of the other classes, makes me want to make a Mesmer and a Thief etc :D

I love you mattmatik. So much. I LOVE YOU LIKE A MAN LOVES ANOTHER MAN! :D

Hit 14 last night, only get about 2 hours of play a day. There is an event in queensdale where you have to close hell gates. Ataxes and Shades spawn like crazy until you do. There was a group of about 40 of us just killing the mobs ignoring the gates. I got a tonne of blues and a couple greens. Not much XP but the loot was worth it.

Hit 14 last night, only get about 2 hours of play a day. There is an event in queensdale where you have to close hell gates. Ataxes and Shades spawn like crazy until you do. There was a group of about 40 of us just killing the mobs ignoring the gates. I got a tonne of blues and a couple greens. Not much XP but the loot was worth it.

Did you fight the huge dragon at the end of the event? That thing is a beast. Plus it also leaves the loot chest after you kill it.