Karma items while functional/decent are just basic skinned items. I'm a level 70-80 zone right now and the stuff the karma vendors are selling use the skins you would find in the level 1-15 zones. To get the better looking stuff and exotic tier armor/weapons and legendary stuff you're gonna have to do a profession and run dungeons. Gold has it's purpose and so does karma. I think the system works great.

So you buy your high level stuff using gold but it looks bad and then you spend karma to make the stuff look good?

So i logged on just a bit ago, then had to check if i was actually awake cause i hit O and didn't see that picture of that damn quaggan.

So you buy your high level stuff using gold but it looks bad and then you spend karma to make the stuff look good?

No. You can't buy exotic armor and weapons with Karma, which is the strongest tier for equipment there is. At least as far as I know. You can only get it through drops, crafting, and dungeons.

No. You can't buy exotic armor and weapons with Karma, which is the strongest tier for equipment there is. At least as far as I know. You can only get it through drops, crafting, and dungeons.

So you can't even buy armors and weapons with gold? Gosh.... what is the point of having gold then?

In Guild Wars 1 you could just buy armor. All you needed was Gold + The Materials to make the armor which you could buy with gold from other players or farm it from mobs. Is it possible to buy Karma?

So you can't even buy armors and weapons with gold? Gosh.... what is the point of having gold then?

In Guild Wars 1 you could just buy armor. All you needed was Gold + The Materials to make the armor which you could buy with gold from other players or farm it from mobs. Is it possible to buy Karma?

You're not picking up what I'm putting down. You can buy armor and weapons with gold from the market. You need gold to buy materials to craft with. And you get drops from dungeons and so on. Cultural armor is bought with gold, too.

The system works just fine as it is. All karma does is make people less reliant on having to have lots of gold and you don't need to spend a lot of gold to get decent gear. But if you want the best you're gonna have to pay for it with gold in some fashion.

You're not picking up what I'm putting down. You can buy armor and weapons with gold from the market. You need gold to buy materials to craft with. And you get drops from dungeons and so on.

The system works just fine as it is. All karma does is make people less reliant on having to have lots of gold and you don't need to spend a lot of gold to get decent gear. But if you want the best you're gonna have to pay for it with gold in some fashion.

Ok. Just in your other reply it sounded like you couldn't spend gold on that stuff but ok.

Ok. Just in your other reply it sounded like you couldn't spend gold on that stuff but ok.

There are multiple currencies, kinda like wow. You can buy stuff for gold, or honor (karma), commendations (exotic), etc. Same concept, different gear/better gear based on what you use.

How is the in-game store? Do you get lots for competitive advantages/faster xp/something else if you use real money, or is the game enjoyable without that too?

The store is engineered so that it can make you level faster but once you get to 80 it will not make you any better than anyone else. also the XP boost items are given to you throughout the game for killing things and completing events anyway so there is not really much of a reason to buy that stuff. Mainly the store just has appearance items in it to make you look cooler.

The store is engineered so that it can make you level faster but once you get to 80 it will not make you any better than anyone else. also the XP boost items are given to you throughout the game for killing things and completing events anyway so there is not really much of a reason to buy that stuff. Mainly the store just has appearance items in it to make you look cooler.

In no way what so ever will any of the items in the store make you level in faster. The exp boosts only go towards kills, not exp earned from hearts or events. Which is where the majority of your experience comes from. It would take forever just to level up through kills alone.

In no way what so ever will any of the items in the store make you level in faster. The exp boosts only go towards kills, not exp earned from hearts or events. Which is where the majority of your experience comes from. It would take forever just to level up through kills alone.

Well, you could use gems to buy gold, to buy crafting materials in the trade post, but even then, doing this doesn't really get you ahead by much other than being able to make nice things.

Like that guy who got to 80 first through crafting having guildies feed him the materials, that just seems like a waste. I guess if he had fun, more power to him but that's not how I'd like to spend my $60 for the game. :laugh:

Ah, i did not know it only went to words kills, that is actually really cool to know.

Well, looks like they're having some issues with the email verification system they're working on. Thought my account had been compromised, had me worried there for a minute. Status updates on their twitter @GuildWars2.

Since I can't get in game yet, was looking at screenshots. Really like the attention to detail in the game, right down to the armors. The scales on the boots and pauldrons for example look awesome. :)

E50Io.jpg

Some things I think the game could benefit from -

• Player to Player trade
  • Armor skins that doesn't look exactly the same from lvl 1-30+...
  • Be able to search for specific armor class types in the AH (when AH actually works) (sort by cloth, heavy, medium, etc)
  • Optional Chat notifications when someone whispers or when party / friends talk to you
  • Change font color
  • Multiple guild chats
  • Show transparent borders over Heart Quest range

Most of those are minor suggestions, but the armor looking the same and the weird AH interface are my own personal annoyances. Decent game so far. Still kinda' prefer AION a little bit.

• Player to Player trade
  • Be able to search for specific armor class types in the AH (when AH actually works) (sort by cloth, heavy, medium, etc)
  • Optional Chat notifications when someone whispers or when party / friends talk to you
  • Change font color
  • Multiple guild chats

Most of those are minor suggestions, but the armor looking the same and the weird AH interface are my own personal annoyances. Decent game so far. Still kinda' prefer AION a little bit.

Mail is instant. No need for player to player trade. Everything else is a solid list that I'd like to see also for some quality-of-life improvements.

Mail is instant. No need for player to player trade. Everything else is a solid list that I'd like to see also for some quality-of-life improvements.

Even though mail is instant, it still doesn't let you safely swap items. It pretty much relies on the other player's integrity to send payment or send the requested item.

• Player to Player trade
  • Change font color
  • Multiple guild chats

There's quite a few different armor skins one can find from 1-30.

Even though mail is instant, it still doesn't let you safely swap items. It pretty much relies on the other player's integrity to send payment or send the requested item.

Then they just need to add COD option to mail. Problem solved.

I discovered a new waypoint thingie and then had to go AFK for a few minutes. I come back and an event had apparently started while I was gone, right where the point is. So I put my hand on my mouse to run away real fast (I was level 11, this was all level 15/16 stuff lol) and blamo, the event finished and I got the XP and leveled up from it :D

Fun!

Got to level 80 last night. I'm looking to do Citadel of Flame because that armor looks absolutely badass and so do the weapons. The only trouble is I don't know that there are that many people who can do it right now. Disadvantages of playing to much. :rofl:

My first steps into Orr:

629382237.jpg

And another neat scene I came across while exploring, I thought the lighting was especially cool looking with the lava:

376849681.jpg

I hope no one minds the big screen shots. If it's an issue I won't post them anymore. :laugh:

They are fantastic, trag3dy. I need to start shifting through mine. Just hit 40, and I've know completed 3 of the 15-25 zones. Wanted to go and purchase a level 40 cultural weapon, but damn thing cost 9800 karma points. I guess due to exploit they raised the prices of all weapons at any level.

Grats on dinging 80 mate.

I'm enjoying taking my time with this one, loving my elementalist but think ill start a necro up soon mainly for crafting purposes but also the necro seems interesting. I have found the levelling vs the story level seems to balance out mid 20's. Definitely not like other mmo's, to level at the rate of the map/personal story you need to be doing; all hearts, all exploration, skill challenges and gathering along the way. Of course you can also do WvW3 or go to the other starting areas/similar zones. But if you're going to have alts a bit redundant doing those zones on your main at that point.