So are all the races in the game beta now? I was watching several live event streams from this weekend (and last weekend also I think) and they seemed to be limited to Norn and Human and Charr races?

No, Asura (the short lil guys) and the tree people, sylvari, are not in this bwe.

If you were in the last BWE (for the closed beta) you're in this one as well.

Two heads-ups, folks -

1. Heads-up the first - There is NO installer - therefore, don't select Run after downloading the new client - instead, save it and then create a folder to where you want the game to install and run from (for Vista/7/8 Consumer Preview, I strongly suggest a separate folder in your Games subfolder (%WINDRIVE/%USER/Games/Guild Wars 2)).

2. Heads-up the second - Like the closed beta, the game *is* compatible with the Windows 8 Comsumer Preview (x32/64 only, of course); however, it does NOT create a desktop shortcut by default! (It may not create a shortcut in the StartScreen, either). You will likely have to do so manually.

No, I'm not breaching the NDA - it has been banished.

i still have the same client from last weekend... theres no need to redownload the exe every time just run it and it'll update *i suggest running it with -image to download everything all at once)

I too buy the game for complete fun package. I agree with you up until you say "... and so far..."

You say "I couldn't be arsed to finish Factions and barely started Nightfall or Eye of the North." That is Guild Wars not Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars is an old game. Guild Wars 2 is almost entirely a new game. Only the game maker continue their MMO line but it's an entire different game. You can't mix "Factions/Nightfall/or even Eye of the North" as part of Guild Wars 2. Those campaign are for Guild Wars, NOT Guild Wars 2.

It's continuing the story from the end on GW:EN. Yes you don't need to play guild wars prophecies, factions, nightfall and eye of the north (actually just prophecies and eye of the north would do...) but you'd get the complete lore (not that stories really matter to many people these days *looks at call of duty*).

It's continuing the story from the end on GW:EN. Yes you don't need to play guild wars prophecies, factions, nightfall and eye of the north (actually just prophecies and eye of the north would do...) but you'd get the complete lore (not that stories really matter to many people these days *looks at call of duty*).

He was grading wrong game. I know those game contents are linked but only in account-wise. The actual game content (meaning the in-game graphics) are totally different. GW:EN is continued into Guild Wars 2 but Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 graphic and actual game content not. The game client is TWO different experience. The EXE game file is NOT the same. Game is only LINKed in brand-naming.

I only got to play in short 3 - 4 hour successions a few times. Although my over-all impressions was excellent. I managed to get my Charr Mesmar to level 3 (lol) and Human Ele to level 7. The story-line was incredible for both classes and my chosen Charr story-line had me doing pretty cool spy missions.

The graphics were perfectly fine, and acceptable. I couldn't play around much with the settings since the game was basically bound entirely to the CPU, so my powerful GPU didn't effect performance much. I'm not a huge advocate of graphics IF the game is fun enough to compensate... This one is fun enough.

The difficulty, although quite high, is properly scaled if you ask me. I died, quite a few times, and it was frustrating, BUT, fun! When you're laying on the ground, spanning your skills to try and get back up, it's intense, each time. I loved/hated dying. Although, at times, the difficulty might have been a tad too high. Also, if it's basically planned you die that often, the armor should be more susceptible to it. Almost every time I died I had to go repair my armor, which really held back play time.

I only managed to play Mesmar and Ele, and aside from Mesmar starting with a melee weapon (wtf?) I enjoyed the classes. The Ele was more fun in my opinion, but that was probably contributed to it being Human. The Charr starting area was very hard, and it took until level 3 for me to finally get a mage weapon. I went, meh, and rolled an Ele after that.

PvP was fun, I only played it for maybe 2 hours. And it seemed not so good at balancing the teams. We either destroyed the other team or they destroyed us. Not one close match, although it was still fun.

Overall, glad I bought it, can't wait for next BWE!

This was the coolest thing to happen to me in the BWE:

Running around with 20 or so people when this sucker popped out of nowhere... and we all got together and downed him within 10-20 minutes.

ZRCnQ.jpg

Sigh, I bet by the time I can pre-order the game in a couple weeks they will either run out of digital copies again (!?!) or just stop the program due to being overwhelmed :(

This is so high on my "dear lord I want to play this so bad I'd gladly do *insert odd thing here* for you!" to play list.

Sigh, I bet by the time I can pre-order the game in a couple weeks they will either run out of digital copies again (!?!) or just stop the program due to being overwhelmed :(

This is so high on my "dear lord I want to play this so bad I'd gladly do *insert odd thing here* for you!" to play list.

They stopped selling digital copies briefly because they already had more than enough players to melt their login servers :p

If you were in the last BWE (for the closed beta) you're in this one as well.

Two heads-ups, folks -

1. Heads-up the first - There is NO installer - therefore, don't select Run after downloading the new client - instead, save it and then create a folder to where you want the game to install and run from (for Vista/7/8 Consumer Preview, I strongly suggest a separate folder in your Games subfolder (%WINDRIVE/%USER/Games/Guild Wars 2)).

2. Heads-up the second - Like the closed beta, the game *is* compatible with the Windows 8 Comsumer Preview (x32/64 only, of course); however, it does NOT create a desktop shortcut by default! (It may not create a shortcut in the StartScreen, either). You will likely have to do so manually.

No, I'm not breaching the NDA - it has been banished.

I don't know where you got that bit of information from but they've continually said that the only way to 100% assure you get into beta events (from this last weekend onwards) was to prepurchase the game. They've said that just because you got into previous betas does not mean you will get into future ones. Especially now that more and more people are buying the game and getting reserved spots.

snip

Charr starter area 100% completed. Some of that area is damned hard. I got 4 characters to level 10. Guardian by far the most fun so far.

The map is deceptively huge. All in all I would say that (just the starting area) is easily bigger than any of the end game areas from GW1 and any of the expansions. Also for the life of me, and I tried with quite a few others as well, could not get into the last point of interest all the way on the east side of the map that is in an Orge town where you had to break down the gate. We just never had enough numbers to defend the npcs in the event leading up to that part.

People who only have a CBT key could not get into this beta event.

I know two people who thought that they would, neither were allowed access. It prepurchase, PAX keys or special invitation specifically for this weekend only.

Yay fanboys!

Someone doesn't want to buy my favorite game day 1 they must be retarded!

Sheesh.

Er.. if that's how you want to look at it, then so be it. But no one was being a "fan boy". We were just saying that your reasons for not buying the game are stupid.

"No dx11?! Count me out fellas!".

One could call you a dx11 fan boy if they so desired. :rofl:

And yes, I'll be happy to be called a fan boy of GW2. I've only been waiting over 5 years for this game. Everyone should be as excited about the things I am interested in as I am, duh.

Yay fanboys!

Sheesh.

hmm, I wouldn't call myself a fanboy. I myself just find someone that comes into a Guild Wars 2 thread, and complains about the fact it's not DX11 and that's why they aren't buying it, to be stupid. That is all.

I had never played Guild Wars before jumping into this beta but unfortunately I could not escape the hype, it has been one of the most talked about games for a while now.

I don't really understand why after playing this weekend, it doesn't seem like anything new or special and the graphics leave a lot to be desired, the world seems rather bland and the combat is decent but nothing fantastic. I didn't get very far in the beta but first impressions matter a lot, it seems to be getting very good responses around the net so I still feel it must be something that I'm missing.

I guess I must have fan boy blinders on then because I thought the graphics looked great. I'm not sure what you people expect from a game that has been in development for over 5 years. Sure it's not Crysis 2 with all the bells and whistles turned on but it's not a bad looking game by any stretch of the imagination.

Yay fanboys!

Sheesh.

And no one said you are "retarded" for not buying it day one. We said your reasons for not buying it are stupid. What a shame not being able to converse with such a delightful individual though.

My little beta elementalist. Got to level 23 and did 100% on kessex hills. Most enjoyable leveling i've seen in an mmo imo.

gw020.jpg

And no one said you are "retarded" for not buying it day one. We said your reasons for not buying it are stupid. What a shame not being able to converse with such a delightful individual though.

You didn't. I appreciate that. I put the other guy on ignore, cause he was an ass.

Although, as I said many times. I will buy it. So all this 'for not buying it' crap? Woo. Way to miss the point.

Did anyone attend the beta finale event? I wasn't even aware of it until after it was over. :rofl:

I didn't even know there was one! What happened during it?

You didn't. I appreciate that. I put the other guy on ignore, cause he was an ass.

Although, as I said many times. I will buy it. So all this 'for not buying it' crap? Woo. Way to miss the point.

I guess I did miss the point. The point I saw was:

He came into the GW2 thread. Complained that the game doesn't support DX10/11. That DX9 is horrible and that it doesn't really matter how good the game is, as his base to purchase the game rests on that. After seeing everyone thought it was dumb, he began talking about the fact he didn't beat GW1, after we explained that GW1 != GW2, then we all became fanboys because we didn't agree.

Because I hurt his feelings he put me on ignore. That's the point I see, maybe I am wrong, but seems about right ot me.

I guess I did miss the point. The point I saw was:

He came into the GW2 thread. Complained that the game doesn't support DX10/11. That DX9 is horrible and that it doesn't really matter how good the game is, as his base to purchase the game rests on that. After seeing everyone thought it was dumb, he began talking about the fact he didn't beat GW1, after we explained that GW1 != GW2, then we all became fanboys because we didn't agree.

Because I hurt his feelings he put me on ignore. That's the point I see, maybe I am wrong, but seems about right ot me.

That's right. His posts didn't really make sense.