Chrome Hardware Acceleration?

--enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-video-layering --enable-webgl --enable-fastback

Use it on newest nightly build. It should work.

--enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-video-layering --enable-webgl --enable-fastback

Use it on newest nightly build. It should work.

Where do i enter those and so its not on the latest dev? but has to be nightly?

Go to the properties of a shortcut and add those in the end of the "Target" field (remember to put a space between (...)\chrome.exe and the flags)

You have to run Chrome with that shortcut for them to work.

Go to the properties of a shortcut and add those in the end of the "Target" field (remember to put a space between (...)\chrome.exe and the flags)

You have to run Chrome with that shortcut for them to work.

I see so its \chrome.exe --enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-video-layering --enable-webgl --enable-fastback

and i have to update to nightly builds? im currently on chrome dev. 7.0.503.0

EDIT: i added those flags to chromium (nightly build) how can i test if the acceleration is working?

I see so its \chrome.exe --enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-video-layering --enable-webgl --enable-fastback

and i have to update to nightly builds? im currently on chrome dev. 7.0.503.0

EDIT: i added those flags to chromium (nightly build) how can i test if the acceleration is working?

Go to http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/ and try a few of the speed demos. :)

I like these three, psychedelic browsing, fishIE tank and the Mr. potato gun.

Go to http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/ and try a few of the speed demos. :)

I like these three, psychedelic browsing, fishIE tank and the Mr. potato gun.

doesn't seem to work for me, FishIE Tank only gives me 1fps and cpu usage is maxed out GPU usage at 0%

About Version

Chromium 7.0.509.0 (Developer Build 57786)

WebKit 534.6

V8 2.3.11

User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/7.0.509.0 Safari/534.6

Command Line "C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-video-layering --enable-webgl --enable-fastback

Hey guys, updated again to the newer build, it seems the google team boost the speed once more. Now it par with IE.

7.0.510.0 (Developer Build 57925) or higher. Lower then this I not sure.

Please try not to use Intel graphic.

I tried for some reasons it don't work.

Intel graphics are not GPU's IMO. Hardware acceleration is not supported like my intel card because its probably too darn weak anyways.

doesn't seem to work for me, FishIE Tank only gives me 1fps and cpu usage is maxed out GPU usage at 0%

About Version

Chromium 7.0.509.0 (Developer Build 57786)

WebKit 534.6

V8 2.3.11

User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/7.0.509.0 Safari/534.6

Command Line "C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-video-layering --enable-webgl --enable-fastback

Make a new shortcut for Chromium on your desktop then add the flags to it. :)

I had to do that on mine for some reason.

Make a new shortcut for Chromium on your desktop then add the flags to it. :)

I had to do that on mine for some reason.

Tried this, still 1 fps in FishIE Tank and things like google image search are unusable, ram gets maxed out and scrolling images is so juddery and slow.

Guys you need the chromium nightly builds, also once you have used the flags previously mentioned, if you go to about:memory and if there is a GPU process there, then its been successfully enabled.

I suspect that chrome dev will get hardware acceleration when its stable enough.

Tried this, still 1 fps in FishIE Tank and things like google image search are unusable, ram gets maxed out and scrolling images is so juddery and slow.

i was able to get higher fps when i used nightly build. this wont work on chrome 7 dev.

download the latest from the list here and try it. in fact it was enabled by default for me.

http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-xp/

Guys you need the chromium nightly builds, also once you have used the flags previously mentioned, if you go to about:memory and if there is a GPU process there, then its been successfully enabled.

I suspect that chrome dev will get hardware acceleration when its stable enough.

Chrome Canary build now has hardware acceleration enabled as well.

a good test is to run sunspider benchmark in chromium nightly build with the the parameter enabled and then without it

--enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-video-layering --enable-webgl

it runs with a big difference. I was impressed with the speed.

I am using the nightly's, GPU is in about:memory, but still 1 fps in FishIE Tank and Google image search is unusable, GPU Acceleration works fine in Minefield..

a good test is to run sunspider benchmark in chromium nightly build with the the parameter enabled and then without it

--enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-video-layering --enable-webgl

it runs with a big difference. I was impressed with the speed.

Just ran this and the results are pretty much identical with GPU Acceleration enabled and disabled