Chrome Hardware Acceleration?

Just updated from 7.0.510.0 to 7.0.515.0 in the hope that might make it work properly and now GPU doesn't even show up under about:memory.

Oh well, Firefox = BSOD whenever flash is used, Chrome and Chromium = slow as a dog, Lets hope Opera gives me more success otherwise im left with no choice but to us IE :blink:

Damn, that was extremely buggy on the latest Canary Build.

My extensions crashed and anytime I tried to run the IE tests plugins crashed. The ones that did work didn't run that well at all.

I decided to move Chromium to Programme files(x86) just to see what would happen and now Hardware Acceleration is working :blink:

EDIT: closed browser, re opened it and now Hardware Acceleration stopped working again, what a fickle POS.

I decided to move Chromium to Programme files(x86) just to see what would happen and now Hardware Acceleration is working :blink:

EDIT: closed browser, re opened it and now Hardware Acceleration stopped working again, what a fickle POS.

Weird, what OS are you using?

7 x64

Same here. Have you tried uninstalling Chromium then reinstalling?

I doubt this will do anything to help, but it's worth a shot.

Edit: Another thing to try is if you have any extensions disable them and see if acceleration works. An extension could potentially be causing the problem.

Same here. Have you tried uninstalling Chromium then reinstalling?

I doubt this will do anything to help, but it's worth a shot.

Edit: Another thing to try is if you have any extensions disable them and see if acceleration works. An extension could potentially be causing the problem.

I Deleted everything and reinstalled fresh the latest nightly build, and now i get 25fps on FishIE Tank in Software mode, but enable Hardware Acceleration now and i dont get any fish at all on FishIE Tank and my CPU usage goes upto 100% and stays there.

I Deleted everything and reinstalled fresh the latest nightly build, and now i get 25fps on FishIE Tank in Software mode, but enable Hardware Acceleration now and i dont get any fish at all on FishIE Tank and my CPU usage goes upto 100% and stays there.

Hmmmm. Maybe give Google Chrome Canary build a shot. It now has hardware acceleration as well.

The Canary build also has more video/audio support than Chromium. :)

Hmmmm. Maybe give Google Chrome Canary build a shot. It now has hardware acceleration as well.

The Canary build also has more video/audio support than Chromium. :)

Exactly the same issue, when i enable Hardware Acceleration the browser becomes sluggish as hell and uses up tons of CPU and i noticed GPU usage goes upto about 30% as well.

It seems to be the extra process created for hardware acceleration that is maxing out my CPU.

Exactly the same issue, when i enable Hardware Acceleration the browser becomes sluggish as hell and uses up tons of CPU and i noticed GPU usage goes upto about 30% as well.

Does hardware acceleration work properly using Firefox 4 or ie9 on your PC?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The AdBlock extension interferes with hardware acceleration. Not sure why, but if you disable or remove it, the acceleration works fine. The AdThwart extension does not cause any problems.

Removing this "--enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-video-layering --enable-webgl --enable-fastback" from 7.0.544.0 dev IE fish tank test is little smooth. Does this mean hardware acceleration is enabled by default and these parameters are causing conflicts?

Removing this "--enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-video-layering --enable-webgl --enable-fastback" from 7.0.544.0 dev IE fish tank test is little smooth. Does this mean hardware acceleration is enabled by default and these parameters are causing conflicts?

I still need --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas flag for hardware acceleration to fully work.

Yesterday's builds had GPU enabled as default. I encountered several BSOD with a description of my nvscr.... something or other .dll, basically my Nvidia GPU crashed! Today I install a fresh 7x86 and found that Todays builds of Chromium have GPU disabled. Anyone else notice this?