Norton Internet Security / Norton AntiVirus 2011 released

kdn2a0.jpg

Norton Internet Security 2011 and Norton AntiVirus 2011 Updates are Now Available for current subscriptions of Norton Internet Security or Norton AntiVirus 2006 or newer.

To get the update, simply navigate to http://updatecenter.norton.com and select Update Me Now.

2011 Beta Testers: Be sure to completely remove the beta product and all settings before installing the final build.

Please note: At this time, Norton Internet Security 2011 and Norton AntiVirus 2011 are available for current subscribers of Norton Internet Security / Norton AntiVirus 2006 or newer only. We plan to have the 2011 products available for purchase at the Symantec Store within the next few weeks.

Tony Weiss

Norton Forums Global Community Manager

Symantec Corporation

Source: Norton Community Forum

Had it installed since last Friday. Small footprint yet again and IMO, scanning rates have gotten even faster (Y)

I get Norton AV free through Comcast and I've been very impressed with it's size/speed. A long ways from the bloatware it was a couple years ago.

i just cant bring myself to use any of their security products, not just because of the recent bloatware editions, but because of how far it embeds itself into the OS.

This is the same reason I've moved away from Panda and AVG.

Nod32 all the way.

ok for some odd reason my norton 2010 when i clicked check for update it took me to the spain version site of it, everything was in english until it started to install then it switched to spanish wtf, now how can i switch the language on this thing back to english?

The subscription based software its what kill in my opinion the use of Norton. Why pay annually for an antivirus when you can have it for free with MSE?

Yep, plus for the average consumer, if they are a moron they will get infected regardless of what they are running for AV, so why should they pay for one?

New UI looks amazing and I'm glad they finally fixed the memory/resource consumption. However, I can't justify paying for AV these days. There's so many free alternatives that do a damn good job for no more than what us homeowners need.

Looks better, but I can't pay for anti virus or malware anymore, knowing there is free alternatives.

I know, right? there is lots of Free malware on the net you can use :laugh:

?Thanks for the reminder. Upgraded now.

The subscription based software its what kill in my opinion the use of Norton. Why pay annually for an antivirus when you can have it for free with MSE?

Norton have a lot more features.

Norton have a lot more features.

I'm liking their own recovery tools. Power eraser is similar to MalwareBytes etc .... And for a beta it's pretty decent. Haven't tried the bootable recovery tool yet.

Well because none of the free version is as good as some of the paid ones?

True, I prefer MSE for the basic security protection than pay for an antivirus software for extra features that I will probably never going to use. Now, in a business environment, Norton extra features it's worthy.