Norton Internet Security / Norton AntiVirus 2011 released

I just dumped NIS 2010 for MSE, i got fed up with red outlined warning box's popping up every week saying it had detected and removed "security threats" only to discover it had simply removed a couple of tracking cookies.

Scareware IMO

I was part of the Enhanced Testing Program for 2010 and 2011 and the products have greatly improved over the past few years. They really do listen to feedback and lots of features were introduced or tweaked because of this. The new UI took some time to get used to with all the black and orange, but its very easy to naviagte.

I use to use Norton?s years ago when there wasn?t much choice. The software was bloated and ate your resources. However, I have been reading some good reviews on the latest version, which isn?t bloated and has a small footprint.

However, it will take a lot of convincing for me to change from MSE which is free.

I just dumped NIS 2010 for MSE, i got fed up with red outlined warning box's popping up every week saying it had detected and removed "security threats" only to discover it had simply removed a couple of tracking cookies.

Scareware IMO

You could have told Norton to remove tracking cookies automatically (and without notifying you) in it's settings.

MSE is good, very good indeed. So there is no reason to switch if you are happy with it. I personally dont use Norton either. But every single computer i set up for Small office or friends i have them to sign up to Norton for 2 years.

As long as they use Firefox / Chrome , and they are behind a router, NIS 2010 serve them very well.

Hi, i have just updated my 2009 to 2011 via the norton updater.

BUT IT HAS INSTALLED IN "GERMAN"...............

Can anyone tell me how to change it to ENGLISH please ??

Thanks.

Hi, i have just updated my 2009 to 2011 via the norton updater.

BUT IT HAS INSTALLED IN "GERMAN"...............

Can anyone tell me how to change it to ENGLISH please ??

Thanks.

ALL FIXED.

I uninstalled ALL norton products using removal tool then reinstalled.