[Official] Bulletstorm

Sorry the the PC port sucks, to bad there was not a demo for you guys to try first. :\

Demos don't always represent the final game :no:

I checked it out super quick and did not see anything as that was my first instinct as well, so it is probably there and I just did not see it.

Gonna check it out soon, so I am sure I will figure it out. :yes:

great man, pm me whenever you get the 360 version in (Y).

The first time you try and login to gfwl in game it will immediately prompt you for your code.

I had trouble with this, I kept trying to enter my "limited edition" code and it failed, then realized there was another code on the instruction book in the case and that one worked.

the limited edition comes with two codes in the case. Enter the limited edition code when the game prompts you during install, and the normal code when gfwl asks.

Not sure how you pulled that code switch off. :laugh:

So I redeemed the code, once I found the option it was simple.

And I would hardly call this game a bad PC port. Runs great on my PC, and I can Alt Tab out of it no issues at all (in fact it is running in the background while I post this). I am pretty sure it is not even running in SLi either, as when I run EVGA Precision only my one GPU seems to be doing any work at all. So I wonder if new Nvidia drivers need to be released or an EVGA SLi Enhancement patch.

Solid game so far.

And will do Razorwing. :yes:

Anyone see anything wrong in this picture.... Has the 360 already been hacked? :no:

952847265.jpg

This is the global leaderboard.

Probably just a bug. I doubt anyone even knows how to exploit it yet considering theres only one.

Wonder if that means the leaderboards will be reset...probably.

I would hope so because this happened in Modern Warfare 2 and nothing was ever done about it.

I can indeed confirm the game is not running in SLi, I enabled the option through the drivers to show the visual indicator when a game is running in SLi, and nothing is being shown. Just to make sure it was working, I launched BFBC2 and the indicator was there right away. It is kind of disappointing that I have an SLi setup, and have to wait for drivers to be released before I can take advantage of it. I was wondering why I could not put the AA up all the way without dropping FPS, so I guess that explains it. With that said, I have everything on high, AA on 2x, at 1920 x 1080, and getting a solid 60 FPS with an occasional dip when a lot is going on, so not bad performance at all for a single card. Just again wish SLi worked out of the gate.

Awesome game so far though.

@ NoLimit - Technically people are playing the game with modded 360's, so I suppose maybe it can be hacked, but for some reason I do not think so, and probably just a glitch or an exploit.

Really do like the visuals of the game so far. Nice colors compared to most shooters these days...

BS_Screen01.jpg

For anyone who does have SLi and wants to enable it, i just did this and can confirm it works like a charm.

GO here;

NVIDIA Inspector Tool – Version 1.95

http://download.orbmu2k.de/download.php?id=51

Once installed;

- Open nvidiaInspector

- Go to configure, button next to Driver version

- Go to profiles and select Bulletstorm

- The .exe they have by default is wrong (shippingpc-geargame.exe). You must add the correct .exe by then clicking on 'Add application to current profile' and selecting ShippingPC-StormGame.exe

- Once added scroll down to SLI section

- In section 'Number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode' select 'SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO' for those that have SLI

- Click 'Apply changes'

ENJOY.

Found the above here...

Before heading to bed, tried out Anarchy mode.. GOD DAMN it's hell fun. :D Love how you can also customize your character and how well you work as a team! (Y)

So how's the PC version? Good port? Bad port? Read both verdicts in this thread, no idea who's right. :D

BTW I'm running Win 7 x64, DX11 nvidia card, no SLI. Others with a similar configuration? Any problems?

So how's the PC version? Good port? Bad port? Read both verdicts in this thread, no idea who's right. :D

BTW I'm running Win 7 x64, DX11 nvidia card, no SLI. Others with a similar configuration? Any problems?

I've got similar except ATI and it was perfectly smooth, the game uses NVIDIA libraries for rendering so I'd think your card would work even better.

It does seem heavy on the processor (system requirements are dual core, recommended quad) so that might be the problem some are running into...can't know for sure since I have a fairly high end system.

As much as I want to play this game on my PC, I'm not too keen on paying $59.99 for a primarily single-player game. I'm aware of the co-op MP game modes but to me, that isn't enough to justify the price. It'd be a different story if it had a MP game mode like team death match.

Can't say I'm a fan of the slight change in controls compared to other FPS games, I will get used to it, but it just seems silly to put things like run on X/A these days to me.

Can't say I'm a fan of the slight change in controls compared to other FPS games, I will get used to it, but it just seems silly to put things like run on X/A these days to me.

Yeah thats the only complaint I have about the game at all. Weird controls.

The run with spacebar thing I only really got used to towards the end

Seems a few of us are playing it on the PC, and one has had issues and others have not.

My SLi issue was not even really an issue, the game still was running fine, I just wanted to resolve why it was not running in SLi since I have it, which I was able to figure it out. All SLi allowed me to do was put the AA on max, before that I only had AA on 2x, but everything else on High, and like I said was a solid 60 FPS, just dropping when there was a lot going on, I saw it get as low as 45 in the really chaotic set piece scenes. So you should have no issue running it at all. Now that I got SLi working, AA is all the way up and it just stays at 60 fps no matter what. Bottom line is the game still ran really well with one card.

Yeah thats the only complaint I have about the game at all. Weird controls.

The run with spacebar thing I only really got used to towards the end

That was throwing me off as well, so the first thing I did was also map Shift for the run as well, you can have both setup, they allow a primary and secondary control on the PC, although it is a little weird how to do it (you have to press V first in order to map the secondary option, which V is accept in other setting screens, so not the best choice) can be done, so that helped a lot.

sounds like it's a lot of fun based on you guys, can't get it till Sat due to work, so will have to wait. but people already finishing it doesn't bode well for length. is it replayable at all?