[Official] Bulletstorm

I am having a hard time deciding which console to buy this for, I have tried the demo on the PS3 but don't have gold to try the 360 version. Could I get some opinions from my fellow neowin members? My girlfriend is getting it for me for my bday I just don't know what version to tell her.

NoLiMiT06, If you want into the Gears of War 3 beta, get the Epic Edition for the 360. It's the same price as the standard game. Outside of that, I'd still get it for the 360 since I prefer how the analog sticks are laid out compared to the PS3's.

Hmmmm oh well lol I think I'll just get the ps3 version as I don't have live right now. GoW is a no brainer purchase.

Get the 360 version for the GoW beta. If you don't care about that. It's your choice. Other then that. There should be no difference between platforms.

Yeah, I'm looking at the screenshot comparison on Lens of Truth, and while there are some slight color differences between the two, I can't really single one out as being superior.

My friends are getting the game on PS3, so now I'm leaning towards that version just so that I can compare Echoes scores with them. I don't need a beta to tell me that Gears 3 is going to be amazing, so that's not really a huge deal for me.

After getting a deal on gold and the possibility of major hacking due to the ps3 being compromised I am switching my pre order to the 360. I was also finally able to try the 360 version and the game seems to much smoother for some reason and more vivid in colors, the ps3 version seems to have a washed out haze to the game.

I just can't wait! 6 more days!

Same here. Which platform are you getting it for again? I have my preorder PC version paid in full, same day delivery from Amazon.

Going to be strange, as the last PC game I have had a physical copy of is Half Life 2, I have gone digital on everything else, but with the credit I had left over Amazon from trade ins and a $20 video game credit thanks to GT5, Bulletstorm PC version cost me $2.45, :laugh:

Same here. Which platform are you getting it for again? I have my preorder PC version paid in full, same day delivery from Amazon.

Going to be strange, as the last PC game I have had a physical copy of is Half Life 2, I have gone digital on everything else, but with the credit I had left over Amazon from trade ins and a $20 video game credit thanks to GT5, Bulletstorm PC version cost me $2.45, :laugh:

360!

They are doing a midnight launch for the game at the gamestop here in town. I'm sure many other will be as well, I didn't think the game would be that popular.

It seems Empire Mag has the first Bulletstorm review:

The first Bulletstorm review has appeared online and it's a 4/5 from Empire.

The movie mag boldly calls Epic's new IP "the most innovative first-person shooter in years," praising its "addictive" skillshot system and "instantly endearing" arsenal of weapons.

"The most innovative first-person shooter in years, Bulletstorm is as addictive as it is bold. Beyond every crude one-liner and the unashamed gratuity of its violence, it's a game full of hidden depth and simple thrills of gaming past. Not one for grandma, mind."

Source:

CVG

Pre-ordered this yesterday (for the PS3, which probably alienates me from 95% of the people here ;)). Future Shop has a promotion where you get $20 off if you pre-order Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 together. Pretty cool, considering I planned on getting both games anyways.

Can't wait!

getting it for the 360...but wait...six days? i thought it was coming out tomorrow, the 22nd? what's this about six days all of a sudden? what happened to Tuesday launches? i actually also thought Crysis 2 comes out tomorrow and was planning a big gaming weekend...looks like Crysis 2 is next month...