Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

We've seen set photos from India and London, but Warner Bros. Pictures has now released the official start of production announcement for The Dark Knight Rises. You can read it in full below:

PRODUCTION BEGINS ON "THE DARK KNIGHT RISES"

Filming will take place on three continents, with an all-star cast working under the direction of Christopher Nolan.

BURBANK, CA, May 19, 2011 ? Principal photography has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures' and Legendary Pictures' "The Dark Knight Rises," the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar? winner Christian Bale ("The Fighter") again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

The film also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar? winner Marion Cotillard ("La Vie en Rose"), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake.

Returning to the main cast, Oscar? winner Michael Caine ("The Cider House Rules") plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar? winner Morgan Freeman ("Million Dollar Baby") reprises the role of Lucius Fox.

In helming "The Dark Knight Rises," Christopher Nolan is utilizing IMAX? cameras even more extensively than he did on "The Dark Knight," which had marked the first time ever that a major feature film was partially shot with IMAX? cameras. The results were so spectacular that the director wanted to expand the use of the large-format cameras for this film.

The screenplay for "The Dark Knight Rises" is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is being produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on "Batman Begins" and the record-breaking blockbuster "The Dark Knight." The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. "The Dark Knight" is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.

Behind the scenes, "The Dark Knight Rises" reunites the director with several of his longtime collaborators, all of whom worked together on the "The Dark Knight." The creative team includes director of photography Wally Pfister, who recently won an Oscar? for his work on Nolan's "Inception"; production designer Nathan Crowley; editor Lee Smith; and Oscar?-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming ("Topsy-Turvy"). In addition, Paul Franklin and Chris Corbould, who both won Oscars? for the effects in "Inception," will supervise the visual and special effects, respectively. The music will be composed by Oscar? winner Hans Zimmer ("The Lion King").

The locations for "The Dark Knight Rises" span three continents and include the American cities of Pittsburgh, New York and Los Angeles, as well as sites in India, England and Scotland.

"The Dark Knight Rises" is a presentation of Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with Legendary Pictures. Slated for release on July 20, 2012, the film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77763#ixzz1MosI6bvF

ummmm dunno how I feel about that but it's a good start!

I'm having flashbacks to The Dark Knight.. everyone said Heath Ledger didn't look good as the Joker and look how he turned out.

I'm having flashbacks to The Dark Knight.. everyone said Heath Ledger didn't look good as the Joker and look how he turned out.

yeah thats what I am thinking...I can't wait to see him full on! it's Nolans take and I have faith in Nolan!

Three new cast members have emerged. According to Variety accomplished actor Matthew Modine, best known for playing the lead role in Stanley Kubrick?s Full Metal Jacket and Tom Conti, an Oscar-nominee for his role in the 1983 film Reuben, Reuben, who was recently seen in The Tempest, have both joined the film. In addition Joey King, an 11-year-old actress who starred in Ramona and Beezus as well as Battle: Los Angeles, has been cast. Of course, there?s no word on who each will be playing except that Modine?s character name is ?Nixon.?

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-knight-rises-cast-revealed-matthew-modine-tom-conti-joey-king/#more-104399

Im one of those people and I was so glad to be wrong. IMO Ledger's Joker turned out to be one of the best villains on film. Thinking back to other Nolan movies, he is truly a master at helping his actors bring out their best, no matter who they are.

Has anyone here ever read Batman Knightfall, bane vs batman is worthy of his own film let alone Batsy vs so and so and so and so and so and so (think Iron Man 2 bad guy overload)

Bane was dervied from intense surroundings and broke the batman, at this stage in the franchise batman has barely got going let alone worthy of being smashed apart by Bane and then the whole building back up aspect of it all

3 new cast members -

???? : Matthew Modine (Full Metal Jacket)

????: Tom Conti (Almost Heaven, too many character parts to list)

Barbara Gordon (rumored): Joey King (Battle: Los Angeles; TV - Bent, CSI)

20_2150-modine-conti-king.jpg

Large%20Image.jpg?p=110523_01:17

Good news! Filming for the next Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises, has officially begun. And as you can see from this picture, some fighting will occur.

A plucky TopGear.commer snapped a Gotham City SWAT van on the back of a trailer on St John's street in Farringdon, where last week Christopher Nolan began constructing his third (and likely final) instalment in his Bat series.

Adenoidal fans of useless but quite interesting trivia will recall this street was used in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight where the Farmiloe building featured in various guises.

Source

Wow, how many cast members is that so far? I've lost track. Maybe it's just me but does it seem like they're trying to shove in lots of stuff into this movie? Can it be 3hrs please?

Wow, how many cast members is that so far? I've lost track. Maybe it's just me but does it seem like they're trying to shove in lots of stuff into this movie? Can it be 3hrs please?

err... most films have a large cast.

I don't know why all these minor roles are getting reported though.

The ones being reported are pretty well known, at least I know most of them enough from other movies i've seen. Sure the rolls they have in relation to others are minor, but still, they could have just as well been nonames.

because most of the actors getting cast are quite well known

• 2 weeks later...

If I could only choose 1 movie to watch next year, this would be it. We need more info asap. The anxiety is getting too high.

supposedly well done fakes

Well we know the "chanting" audio we hear is real seeing its the same audio heard on the official webpage...

What you guys need to take into account is that there is a connection between Scarecrow and Huge Strange.

And you guys should have crossed out penguin before you even got any cast. Without 2 face there isn't no penguin, they are enemies.

I would have loved to see Hush, Deathstroke, and Deadshot in this.

I atleast hope that they walk by arkum and you see a lot of batman villains lost in jail.

But yeah, I can see scarecrow being in it, especially if hugo strange is in it. He didn't do much in the second movie but he still kept a prescense.

Watch him finish it off with a bang, I mean he was in both movies and nolan likes the actor.

Heck people don't notice that he did a wonderful job playing the Scarecrow. Heath did good but I think that he got a little more than he deserved based on acting alone due to his untimely death.

But either way, there are a lot of talented people in this movie like Morgan Freeman so I'm happy.

• 2 weeks later...
The cast list for "The Dark Knight Rises" just keeps on.. well, rising.

Variety reports that Josh Stewart, formerly of NBC's "Third Watch" and another superhero series, ABC's "No Ordinary Family," has been added to the cast of director Christopher Nolan's final Batman film installment as director. His role has not been disclosed.

Stewart joins a star-studded cast, which, beyond returning Christian Bale for his third run as Bruce Wayne/Batman, has added Joseph Gordon Levitt as a young Gotham cop, Anne Hathaway as Selena Kyle/Catwoman, Marion Cotillard as eager Wayne Enterprises employee Miranda Tate, Tom Hardy as the evil Bane and Josh Pence as young Ra's al Ghul.

The film will also feature Matthew Modine, Tom Conti and Joey King.

Following this massive opus, Nolan will step back into an executive producing role on a new, rebooted-once-again Batman series.

Source