Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

I would not like to see Robin at all thank you very much, I still have bat-nipple-induced nightmares from the Schumacher era :pinch:

I would not like to see Robin at all thank you very much, I still have bat-nipple-induced nightmares from the Schumacher era :pinch:

yeah but thats because of previous visions....I thought previous Jokers were a bit stupid...and if someone said to me before Batman Begins Scarecrow I would of said "what a guy with a bag on his head...no thank you!" its not going to happen i get that but I would of liked to of seen what his Robin would be like.

sanctified: Sounds interesting, but I was kind of hoping they'd do their thing with this one and finish it, leave the studio reboot it / build on top of it / whatever, and then maybe in ten years or so revisit this particular universe and do TDKR real justice. As great as the first and second movies are, the entire universe is too 'skinny' to go there yet imo. Plus I think they'd use the proper name if that was the case.

Oddly I understand what you meant by "skinny" :p

And yeah, you're right. TDKR was a very harsh and gritty. I dont know if Nolan it's foreseeing that kind of evolution, he and his brother knows about Miller's novel so it would be a master blow if he just do that.

In TDKR Batman retires because of "some riots" and the death of Jason Todd (A messiahnic move by Miller, since Todd's character was killed two year after the novel was published. Oddly Miller disagreed with how he was killed). Those riots could take places on The Dark Knight Rises (Lead by Bane). Since Nolan have already stated multiple times that there will be no Robin on his movies then the death could be someone else (Not Gordon of course. Gordon's character its just too important in Miller's novel).

but that's down to previous incarnations...I would like to see Nolans Robin which I am sure would be good

I am not just talking about previous film incarnations. In general, I don't see what makes sense at all about the Robin character; He completely brakes and contradicts the whole thing of Batman.

I think that Arkham City design is pretty awful too.

I don't get why if you hate the idea of a Robin people like the idea of someone like Carrie Kelly etc. Personally the robin character doesn't really work for Nolans movies unless he's older, though we've had that sorta deal already. Why not sidestep Robin and go right to a nightwing?

Anyways, a relationship with catwoman has to go down, or at least the constant tease has to be there. And as for Tallia etc, it'd be interesting if they went down that path as well. The problem I have with batman movies is that they never go that far into the story and only scratch the surface really.

A plus that we're heading into that turf is that Lazarus Pits are in the film. Those allow going down a lot of interesting paths including broken bat.

I would like to see Robin like this if he surprised us somewhere with him...this is from Arkham City game coming soon!

I'm quite excited for Arkham City, but Robin totally looks like they have given him the de-facto main character style that so many have these days.

westerncharacterdesign.jpg

:p

Looks like that's the new Wayne Manor. This lack of news is killing me though lol.

Rumors I've heard are the new films Batmobile will be based on either an Audi R18 or a Lamborghini Ankonian.

IMO it looks like the R18 or something much like it was used for the stage car, and the Ankonian is a near perfect basis for a film Batmobile.

Ankonian

Lamborghini_Ankonian_Concept12.jpg

I jizzed in my pants right here :) Is the Ankonian a real car or just a concept ?

It's a produced concept from designer Slavche Tanevski.

This means a few prototypes have been built, and there are rumors that it will go into production in 2016. A turn as the Batmobile would be the best advertising on Earth.

The body will have to be smoothed out for production to meet pedestrian safety standards - the regulatory agencies frown on protrusions that could harm human bodies or hook clothing. Later prototypes reflect these changes. Ex: while the accent panels outlines on the fenders over the hood are still there, they are flush and part of the hood.

The original concepts could still be used for filming though.

Looks like that's the new Wayne Manor. This lack of news is killing me though lol.

yeah it is...with the graveyard!

So much for Anne Hathaway just being Selina Kyle and not her alter ego -

Harper's Bazaar....

>

Anne's preparation for her role as Catwoman in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, the next Batman installment (currently filming in Pittsburgh), has been more than cosmetic. She has been working out five days a week ? rigorous exercise and stunt training followed by an hour and a half of dance. "I've always thought that skinny was the goal, but with this job I also have to be strong," she says. Anne has always been slim, but if you look at clips of her in her early 20s, when she made The Devil Wears Prada and Brokeback Mountain ? films that first gave a clue of her dramatic range ? the difference is she stands taller now and with more confidence.

>

The runtime on this baby has to be at least 3 hours. I mean, Nolan has a lot to cover:

- How Batman gets the city back on his side again

- Selena Kyle/Catwoman

- Bane

- Ra's Al Ghul & the Lazarus Pit

- Wayne's mansion rebuilt

- New Batmobile or some sort of vehicle

- Batman/Wayne's relations with Gordon, Alfred, Fox & a bunch of other characters

- What happened to the Joker

- Will we see a tease for the Justice League?

This could be an epic movie. Perhaps topping TDK? Or a complete disappointment due to having too much to cover in one movie. What I'm more interested is how Nolan closes out his trilogy. Surely, this won't be the end of the franchise (I'm not talking about a reboot. I hope not). Is he going with Frank Millers' The Dark Knight Returns route that's set a decade later (though I think someone else will direct it 5-8 years later). Or is he secretly coming back for a 4th/5th installment 2-3 years apart. The hype on this sucker would be so high, I think it'll be a disappointment. Not because TDK raised the bar so high, but because there's an awful lot to cover in one sitting. God, I hope Nolan knows what he's doing.

Hitting the wire -

The "tactical Catwoman" costume in the newer comics is at the bottom -

....the feline thief will wear an outfit which is unlike any other costumes from the previous movies.

"Anne's outfit is more tactical, like the comic book, than the previous Batman movies," a source told the Hollywood Life. In one of the recent comic drawings, the alter ego of Selina Kyle wears a high tech looking body suit and infrared goggles. She is equipped with her signature whip.

"She will definitely be wearing the goggles and it's going to be less sexy than Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman costumes," the source continued. "She's going to look more like a robber...But fan boys shouldn't be worried. This costume is going to be form-fitting enough to make Anne look smoking hot."

Bruce Wayne's new car will be a Lamborghini Aventador (TDK was a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640)

lamborghini_aventador_lp700_4_images_main.jpg

newCW.jpg

The runtime on this baby has to be at least 3 hours. I mean, Nolan has a lot to cover:

- How Batman gets the city back on his side again

- Selena Kyle/Catwoman

- Bane

- Ra's Al Ghul & the Lazarus Pit

- Wayne's mansion rebuilt

- New Batmobile or some sort of vehicle

- Batman/Wayne's relations with Gordon, Alfred, Fox & a bunch of other characters

- What happened to the Joker

- Will we see a tease for the Justice League?

This could be an epic movie. Perhaps topping TDK? Or a complete disappointment due to having too much to cover in one movie. What I'm more interested is how Nolan closes out his trilogy. Surely, this won't be the end of the franchise (I'm not talking about a reboot. I hope not). Is he going with Frank Millers' The Dark Knight Returns route that's set a decade later (though I think someone else will direct it 5-8 years later). Or is he secretly coming back for a 4th/5th installment 2-3 years apart. The hype on this sucker would be so high, I think it'll be a disappointment. Not because TDK raised the bar so high, but because there's an awful lot to cover in one sitting. God, I hope Nolan knows what he's doing.

doubtful on that bit but the others are plausible

966811163.jpg

In Batman Begins Wayne Manor was burned down by Ras Al Ghul and in The Dark Knight, Alfred played by Michael Caine he was hinting for a split second about the progress of the Mansion. For the next Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises." Christopher Nolan is shooting in Romania, Pittsburgh and India but Wayne Manor, the iconic home of Bruce Wayne/Batman, is in Nottingham, England. According to Business Insider, the mansion is Wollaton Hall, a 1580s-built Elizabethan structure that's usually open to the public as a landmark but from now until July 6, Wollaton is closed for shooting.

I'll hit each one that I have comments on in the quote:

- How Batman gets the city back on his side again - this will play out over the course

- Selena Kyle/Catwoman - Yep

- Bane - Yep

- Ra's Al Ghul & the Lazarus Pit - Yep

- Wayne's mansion rebuilt - eh, not really, might just be there when the movie starts.... my assumption is that it was being rebuilt partly while TDK was taking place

- New Batmobile or some sort of vehicle - they may touch upon this, but it won't take much time

- Batman/Wayne's relations with Gordon, Alfred, Fox & a bunch of other characters - Yep

- What happened to the Joker - I don't think we'll hear a single bit about the Joker, so this one is out

- Will we see a tease for the Justice League? - This won't happen... no way in hell... not in Nolan's franchise

Agreed with all but the last. Given Nolan will be producing the Batman reconfiguration in 2015 ans Man of Steel in 2012 it seems to me we can't say his involvement in a Justice League film is out. He's Warner's go-to guy for major adventure & sci-fi projects these days.