Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

Anyone else hoping Bale learned his lesson with the ridicule he got for his Batman voice and it doesn't sound like a cat horking up a hairball in this last movie?

Anyone else hoping Bale learned his lesson with the ridicule he got for his Batman voice and it doesn't sound like a cat horking up a hairball in this last movie?

Man I hope so. That alone ruined TDK for me. I couldn't watch most of it because of his Batman voice. Only after continued prodding did I finally make it through TDK. (I wish you could mute specific people on DVD's or Blu-Ray lol)

Teaser looked pretty good, but that's all it was. I don't know why people are going insane over it online. I know I am in the minority over my feelings of TDK and all, but come on people. Relax a little bit :)

Man I hope so. That alone ruined TDK for me. I couldn't watch most of it because of his Batman voice. Only after continued prodding did I finally make it through TDK. (I wish you could mute specific people on DVD's or Blu-Ray lol)

Teaser looked pretty good, but that's all it was. I don't know why people are going insane over it online. I know I am in the minority over my feelings of TDK and all, but come on people. Relax a little bit :)

The voice wasn't Bale's choice it probably was the writer or the director's, I just hope they make it less obvious, yes we get that he do that to not be recognized, but it sounds more like he smokes 20 packs a day :p

Batman's voice is electronically disguised in line with an arc where he uses such a device to protect his Wayne identity. In the animated series Kevin Conroy did this himself, slightly changing his voice when voicing Bats.

Bale has mentioned that he did get alot of flack for it in The Dark Knight and that he would tone it down.

Bah, dont know why you people care so much about that voice. I understand why it was that way, so I let it pass.

BTW, if Gordon's talking and we hear Bale's responding thet he must have the suit, so that is his batman voice in this movie.

BTW, if Gordon's talking and we hear Bale's responding thet he must have the suit, so that is his batman voice in this movie.

To me it sounded more like Liam Neeson talking first in the trailer :|

I was about to disagree with you until I just went and re-watched the trailer again. I listened very carefully and it sounds like Gordon says "we were in this together...and then you were gone". So I think you may be right, but then again, it was never really that hard to understand batman when he was talking to Gordon anyway.

I doubt that. Bale is talking softly and in the context of Gordon's words, it sounds like Batman has hung up his suit. Why would Wayne say, "What if he doesn't exist anymore?" while donning the suit?

To me it sounded more like Liam Neeson talking first in the trailer :|

Gordon was talking to Wayne after Liam Neeson's voice over was done, which was from Batman Begins.

Batman's voice is electronically disguised in line with an arc where he uses such a device to protect his Wayne identity. In the animated series Kevin Conroy did this himself, slightly changing his voice when voicing Bats.

Kevin Conroy has been doing animated voice acting for years though, it's his job, really good VAs can change their voice to cover many different characters if they're worth their weight.

Live action actors can often do different accents when needed but that sorta high to low voice altering work is something you won't see them do often, if ever.

I doubt that. Bale is talking softly and in the context of Gordon's words, it sounds like Batman has hung up his suit. Why would Wayne say, "What if he doesn't exist anymore?" while donning the suit?

Gordon was talking to Wayne after Liam Neeson's voice over was done, which was from Batman Begins.

I can't remember where, but I heard he dons a temporary mask for the visit to Gordon in the hospital, which would explain how he can say "What if he doesn't exist anymore?" without revealing his identity.

It's the last piece of actual footage shown at the end of the teaser trailer.

On another note, looks like Batman may have actually met his match, because he looks super tired in that scene. This movie definitely has potential to be better than TDK.

You HAVE to find and read Batman Knighfall. Its one of the best graphic novels I have ever read in my life. I'm choosing not to get too excited about this as there is a lot building up to the potential plot line involving Bane and Batman/. It's going to be hard to convey what Batman goes through to get to the point of meeting Bane without the joker and the penguin (in the book) being about.

The voice wasn't Bale's choice it probably was the writer or the director's,

The writer and Christopher Nolan had nothing to do with the voice.

He said the hardest thing about getting into character was getting the voice down. Batman is known to have a signature scruffy voice, and that was a huge challenge for Bale.

He says, "On the first film, it took me a while to really get accustomed to the voice but it's like riding a bike. For the second one, I could just switch on and off any time."

http://www.hollyscoop.com/christian-bale/christian-bale-struggled-with-batmans-voice.html

You know, if Nolan didnt like the voice he coould just've said "stop, what the hell are you doing?" ;)

You know, if Nolan didnt like the voice he coould just've said "stop, what the hell are you doing?" ;)

When we see the next live action Batman after Nolan's, I'll bet people will be wishing for the raspy voice :wacko:

http://www.hollyscoop.com/christian-bale/christian-bale-struggled-with-batmans-voice.html

Your statement and that link have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Nolan has absolutely 100% control over these movies. To assume other wise is ignorant. Your link has nothing to do with the origin of the voice.

Your statement and that link have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Nolan has absolutely 100% control over these movies. To assume other wise is ignorant. Your link has nothing to do with the origin of the voice.

I'm sure someone at DC has final say on what happens in a Batman media. Just as Lucas has the final say on all Star Wars media.

I'm sure someone at DC has final say on what happens in a Batman media. Just as Lucas has the final say on all Star Wars media.

I doubt that DC would try to control smaller pieces like this though. Especially after seeing what they let Joel Schumaker put out.

Can it be 3 hours long please? If it's the last one then I don't think that's too much to ask for.