Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

Awesome trailer. And it's probably logic to assume that those thumblers are indeed of Batman's private army. Someone mentioned this already that Batman would gather up his own little army.

Not sure what's going on, but the "download" links on apple's trailer page don't work, they just redirect to the main trailers page. Will have to check out the youtube version.

I thought that trailer was pretty poor. The football part looked stupid as hell.

I think it showed just enough to wet the appetite, not to much like most other trailers these days.

I thought that trailer was pretty poor. The football part looked stupid as hell.

CGI looked really poor, but I think in the final movie it's gonna be better.

Here's hd link:

Indeed.

Avenger will, no doubt, be a hit, in every way, and it may even surpass The Dark Knight Rises in Box Office but The Dark Knight Rises will still be superior to it.

I have no doubt about it that both will be good movies, but this one is in another class

I doubt very much that the Avengers will surpass The Dark Knight Rises. The Dark Knight was one of thee highest grossing of all time: Number 10 World Wide. Domestically only Titanic and Avatar grossed more than it.

It is also the number #1 Comic Book Adaptation movie of all time. Looking past Spiderman 1 - 3, which are respectively 2 to 4 on the all time Comic Book Adaptation movie list, only Ironman comes closest: grossing approximately less than 50% of the total gross of The Dark Knight.

I believe just like with TDK: the TDKR will also gross above the billion mark.

I doubt very much that the Avengers will surpass The Dark Knight Rises. The Dark Knight was one of thee highest grossing of all time: Number 10 World Wide. Domestically only Titanic and Avatar grossed more than it.

It is also the number #1 Comic Book Adaptation movie of all time. Looking past Spiderman 1 - 3, which are respectively 2 to 4 on the all time Comic Book Adaptation movie list, only Ironman comes closest: grossing approximately less than 50% of the total gross of The Dark Knight.

I believe just like with TDK: the TDKR will also gross above the billion mark.

I truly hope so

One thing is crystal clear though, one of these two will break Avatar' record.

I think it showed just enough to wet the appetite, not to much like most other trailers these days.

oh I agree. Infact I would have shown half what it should. I just generally think it was pretty poorly constructed as I trailer. But from that trailer the film looks awfully bland; it looks like a TV film.

CGI looked really poor, but I think in the final movie it's gonna be better.

I sure hope so. But it still looks like a dumb scene.

I did like Banes voice though...

I doubt either movie will break Avatar's record. Avatar was unexplainable lol. TDKR will be epic though. I really hope this movie is like 2.5 to 3hrs long though too. I feel that it needs to be to finish out the story. On another note, I agree that the CGI football scene really did look pretty bad. Very obvious it wasn't real. I'm not sure how they'll be able to fix it or make it look more realistic without completely redoing the whole thing, because it looks so bad. Then again, I'm not sure how important it is to the movie, but with something as simple as that looking that bad, I really hope Nolan isn't using very much CGI in the rest of the movie. I know he tried to keep most of it real, but we'll see. Also the scenes with the batwing, not sure how that will look either. The leaked videos of it on the truck made it look like it had a very strange motion while it was moving.

I really hope this movie is like 2.5 to 3hrs long though too. I feel that it needs to be to finish out the story.

So long as they don't force it to be that length. I felt TDK could have easily been cut down. The whole boat thing near the end of TDK was just awful; they should have cut that whole thing out.

So long as they don't force it to be that length. I felt TDK could have easily been cut down. The whole boat thing near the end of TDK was just awful; they should have cut that whole thing out.

U kiddin'?

With regards to some of the comments on this thread, it is good to know that humans like Christopher Nolan are capable of arrogance. Why would anyone take the suggestion of removing the climax boat scene from The Dark Knight, or believing that the CGI in the football scene was any less spectacular than the cartoon called Avatar?

All you guys saying the football scene looked "horrible" have your CGI expectations set way too high. Hardly anything looks real with CGI, get over it.

All you guys saying the football scene looked "horrible" have your CGI expectations set way too high. Hardly anything looks real with CGI, get over it.

Have you seen transformers in 3D at the cinema? Poor CGI never breaks the immersion there, all is done very well (they did crash ILMs computers after all :p ), football scene looks like it was rendered with low / medium quality settings (probably they have been rushing the trailer).

U kiddin'?

Nope. Don't get me wrong, I think the reasons for the boat scene were sound, but it was so tedious & poorly played out, it just wasn't believable. I felt like I was watching a poor TV show. It feel in sharp contrast to many other scenes which were far too brief.

My critique was not solely about the CGI. There was no place for that scene in the trailer; out of context it just looks dumb. And if the CGI isn't going to be of a certain quality then they should think up something else.

My critique was not solely about the CGI. There was no place for that scene in the trailer; out of context it just looks dumb. And if the CGI isn't going to be of a certain quality then they should think up something else.

It's part of Bane's terrorizing of Gotham, so how exactly is it "out of context"? If it were, say, the first of many crimes he commits, what great setting like an American football game?

I still don't see understand how infinitely awful the CGI was that several here keep making it out to be. Could it have looked better? Yeah, but it sure could have looked far worse. I think it's fine. Maybe I don't consider myself an expert. I should stop since this will only be a revolving discussion with no one conceding.

It's part of Bane's terrorizing of Gotham, so how exactly is it "out of context"? If it were, say, the first of many crimes he commits, what great setting like an American football game?

Fair point, but I feel it seems like they are forcing an action scene in to a trailer which just doesn't really look it has a place in a Batman film... if that makes sense. meh, i am probably being a bit anal :pinch:

I still don't see understand how infinitely awful the CGI was that several here keep making it out to be. Could it have looked better? Yeah, but it sure could have looked far worse. I think it's fine. Maybe I don't consider myself an expert. I should stop since this will only be a revolving discussion with no one conceding.

It doesn't look awful... but it just doesn't look right, kind of like a made for TV film. It's also partly the color tones and cinematography. It just looks odd to me.

One thing is crystal clear though, one of these two will break Avatar' record.

I do not know about that. Avatar was using gimmick 3D and charging almost 50% more per ticket so the TDK and TDKR will unfortunately never be able to gross as much. It is , at least in TDK's case, considered a far better movie though.

It doesn't look awful... but it just doesn't look right, kind of like a made for TV film. It's also partly the color tones and cinematography. It just looks odd to me.

They JUST finished filming and there is approximately 7 months to the release date........

Isn't it shown that the necklace was taken, broken when his mom died? Though maybe it is the same one, somehow, that'd be a interesting twist.