Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

Well then, that concludes the discussion :)

phUH2.jpg

it's not trolling, it's my opinion.

don't even try to pretend his death did not boost ratings and ticket sales becuase it did.

it's not trolling, it's my opinion.

Let me guess. You're over 35.

That or you have a really lousy taste.

Just my opinion.

Batman Begins was a very good movie, right up there with Burton's original. Add Ledger's performance to Dark Knight and its the best Batman movie ever. I happen to think Rises will be even better - I'm a big fan of Hardy and the storyline is going to be amazing.

Let me guess. You're over 35.

That or you have a really lousy taste.

Just my opinion.

what does my age have to do with it? just becuase i dislike something you liked doesn't mean im anymore wrong than you.

I'm staggered that there are people who think this film is going to suck. Nolans track record is impeccable.. his last few films especially have been absolutely phenomenal. I am absolutely not concerned about how good this film will be!

• Like 1

What does age have to do with this? Let me guess, you're under 18.

excatly my point, my kids didn't even enjoy it, they feel asleep in the show. so age has zero to do with it.

What does age have to do with this? Let me guess, you're under 18.

Add 10 years. A better criteria to enjoy cinema, it seems.

don't even try to pretend his death did not boost ratings and ticket sales becuase it did.

Tell that to the makers of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

No, death may have boosted interest, but the fact is the phenomenal performance as The Joker is what garnered the acclaim, repeat viewings and great word of mouth.

• Like 2

i still think tdkr will suck. ill take the burton films anyday. the only thing that saved the last nolan batman was heath ledger.

These again, well if you like Tim Burton's cartoon version of Batman that is cool because I did too, but Nolan's version is much better and as for Heath Ledger's death being the reason for The Dark Knight being successful makes you sound like every other troll and I can tell by your spelling fail of not capitalizing first names and last names also, who knows you probably a Avenger fan and starting BS here like any obvious troll. I myself do not care which movie is better to me both will be great and interesting to see but it is obvious Avengers is desperate because they are now going to convert it into 3D which is usually a big fail move.

excatly my point, my kids didn't even enjoy it, they feel asleep in the show. so age has zero to do with it.

Show? You mean movie right? And again spelling error not feel you mean "fell."

• Like 1

The first time I saw Batman Begins (as a fan of the Burton films) I was totally unimpressed and really disliked it. I couldn't say why for sure but to me Batman, in the movies, was so well captured by Michael Keaton as Batman, and music, and the styling - for there to be any other version seemed wrong. I rewatched it a few years after it came out though and for some reason I enjoyed it a LOT more. Suddenly I felt that, whilst they still stood up, the Burton films suddenly seemed a bit dated and just a bit TOO 90's. Then of course The Dark Knight came out and just everything about that film was fantastic.

These days, I like the Tim Burton and the Christopher Nolan takes on Batman equally. The Burton films are more gothic (surprise!) and were right for the time, and I think they hold up pretty well despite now looking a bit dated and a tad cheap. The Nolan films just have more weight, and take themselves a bit more seriously - and I like them for that!

And as someone who read the 1939 to early 1940's Batman comics Nolan's vision is about right. Back in those first few years Bats was so violent and the comics so dark it stirred up criticism.

apparently you have not seen the new suit nor some of the cast.

Apparently you haven't read a Superman comic in a while - the new suit isn't a perfect match but it has the flavor; no red shorts etc. The synopsis also sounds like a series from about 10 years ago.

Suddenly I felt that, whilst they still stood up, the Burton films suddenly seemed a bit dated and just a bit TOO 90's.

Tim Burton's first Batman movie came out in 1989. It wasn't "90s" at all. It had a very 80s feel to it, as evidenced by The Joker's big dance scene and huge Prince soundtrack lol. On another note, smooth, if you don't like the movies, or think this will suck, why do you continue to check this thread? To me, that's a huge sign of trolling. At this point it's not about opinion. If you don't like something why put yourself into discussions about it instead of just moving on? Batman Begins was a very good movie (not great, but very good). The Dark Knight improved upon Batman Begins quite a bit and raised the bar for what a super hero movie should be, and I feel that The Dark Knight Rises will raise the bar even more. The Avengers have absolutely no place in this discussion because one, we're talking 2 different comic universes and 2, we're talking "serious" vs not-so-serious movies. The Avengers will not compete on film quality or ticket sales with TDKR.

Personally, I used to think I liked The Dark Knight more than Batman Begins, but I think most of it was down to the hype machine. Yes it's a great film, and I do really like it, but after all the dust has settled I much prefer Batman Begins.

Then again, I tend to prefer the stories that show the transformation from everyday guy into (super)hero. Regardless of this, I'm massively looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises, but I'm also massively cautious because what can Nolan do to really top what's already been done. Yes it will bring a conclusion (hopefully) to the saga, but if you can't be better than the previous films, why bother. I really do believe this is a tough test for Nolan...

Not saying I didn't enjoy it. I loved both of them and I'm a lot older than 18. Just don't get what age has to do with whether you liked the films or not. Personal taste/opinion is what governs it, nothing to do with age.

?Dark Knight Rises? star Anne Hathaway: ?Gotham City is full of grace?

SPOILER WARNING: This story, which will appear in the upcoming Los Angeles Times 2012 Film Sneaks issue, reveals some details about a scene in the upcoming film ?The Dark Knight Rises.?

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/12/29/dark-knight-rises-star-anne-hathaway-gotham-city-is-full-of-grace/

Quite an interesting read.

I hate spoilers

I read her interview on several sites, and to be honest, it's not much of a spoiler at all. In fact, it should be common sense if you know anything about the plot of the movie (or any of the characters).

the only thing that saved the last nolan batman was heath ledger.

I have to say that, as unpopular as this is, I would have to agree. Heath Ledger's performance was really impressive (And the untimeliness of his death I'm sure did impact things as well). All in all, I'm really underwhelmed by the new Batman movies... He could just be so much cooler... And I'm really not a fan of the guy that plays Batman.

But with that said, to each their own. If someone else likes it, good for them. :)

Will check it out.

And I haven't seen the trailer :shiftyninja:

Sooooo hyped

As much as I wanted the trailer to be full of badassery, it really isn't. It's a decent trailer, but not as good as TDK trailer.