Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

Which is kinda sad :(

This trio will be awesome, along with Prometheus

it's going to be a good few months!

The Dark Knight recieved a pg-13 certificate so comes as no surprise to me. 13 is a good rating, low enough to get a good mixed audience and fan base but also states there's going to be some fun action scenes!. Recently The Women in black got pg-13 too and many people thought it was quite spooky/scary, so it will be quite interesting to see how far Nolan has pushed the darker, more gritty scenes of The Dark Knight Rises.

post-407818-0-07490800-1333996114.png

I read a theory on cracked.com regarding how nolan will end the trilogy and i must say, it sounds very plausible to me. I don't want to link it here as even the url would give it away and if it is right then it would spoil the whole thing. If you are interested and don't mind a possible MAJOR spoiler then just google Advanced Batman Theory.

I read a theory on cracked.com regarding how nolan will end the trilogy and i must say, it sounds very plausible to me. I don't want to link it here as even the url would give it away and if it is right then it would spoil the whole thing. If you are interested and don't mind a possible MAJOR spoiler then just google Advanced Batman Theory.

I'll leave you to decide this one.

I am so hyped/psyched about this one, that I haven't even watched the trailer. :laugh: :wacko: :shifty: :pinch:

I still don't get why it has to be a trilogy and why it has to end with this film. So many characters left unexplored. We saw just how good Nolan managed to do the Joker, imagine if he had scripted someone like the Riddler or Penguin. I certainly hope we havent seen the end of Batman come the end of this film.

Isnt the 3rd one supposed to be based in the future and Batman figures out how to enter other peoples mind through dreams?

That would be kind of cool... but it sounds more like something Hugo Strange would do.

I still don't get why it has to be a trilogy and why it has to end with this film. So many characters left unexplored. We saw just how good Nolan managed to do the Joker, imagine if he had scripted someone like the Riddler or Penguin. I certainly hope we havent seen the end of Batman come the end of this film.

Or better yet, how about it he had been allowed to actually use good characters in his scripts. Ok, Ras al Ghul was fine... but no Talia. The Joker (again). The best part of his movies really were the crime families.

I am pretty sick of Nolans flashy realistic Batman, and I felt The Dark Knight was quite poorly scripted.

I'd like to see someone else have a go with Batman now.

Or better yet, how about it he had been allowed to actually use good characters in his scripts. Ok, Ras al Ghul was fine... but no Talia. The Joker (again). The best part of his movies really were the crime families.

Any batman reboot (which these are) has to do the Joker, it's a given and this Joker was one of the best, though I think the Joker in the batman video games is closer to the comics but w/e. That said, I agree that we should go deeper into the universe than the movies have gone so far. But that means bringing in characters like Robin, and everyone here seems to knee jerk at that idea for some reason even though I think it can be done, and done well.

Talia would be great to have in a movie but as a character, in the universe, she doesn't come into play until a good time later, even in this 3rd film you couldn't introduce her before other characters, specially Catwoman. Now if they do a 4th later then Talia could be in that probably. But yeah, she's really one of the more newer characters so she'd be cutting in front of others, a lot of others.

I am pretty sick of Nolans flashy realistic Batman, and I felt The Dark Knight was quite poorly scripted.

I'd like to see someone else have a go with Batman now.

Have you even seen the Pre-Nolan's Batmans?

The older movies were silly, too comical and for kids. Batman is best when he's dark imo. The new batman games have done a good job IMO, even story wise, but they're spot on character wise.

• Like 2

The older movies were silly, too comical and for kids. Batman is best when he's dark imo. The new batman games have done a good job IMO, even story wise, but they're spot on character wise.

Nolan just stuck more to the Comics, lets face it. Comics are often very well thought out and bad issues can be slated a lot. Movies have typically took the character but not the other 90% of the comic, Nolan looked at his source material in depth to see what really makes the Character complete. In the end the Dark Knight felt like what Batman is suppose to be.

Watchmen is another good film, not dark knight level but above standard for comic book adaptations.

I haven't read the comic books, but have watched the previous ones, and in my opinion, Batman Begins was the was movie that defined Batman, and The Dark Knight was the movie that defined much more than just the genre. A whole generation, if you will

Nolan just stuck more to the Comics, lets face it. Comics are often very well thought out and bad issues can be slated a lot. Movies have typically took the character but not the other 90% of the comic, Nolan looked at his source material in depth to see what really makes the Character complete. In the end the Dark Knight felt like what Batman is suppose to be.

Well I would disagree. The Dark Knight didn't feel, to me, like what Batman is supposed to be; the style and atmosphere of the film is all wrong; alot of the performances were flat; and the story was poorly told. Oh and the editing was dreadful.

Watchmen is another good film, not dark knight level but above standard for comic book adaptations.

I'd have to disagree again. I felt Watchmen was pretty poor.