Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

Nolan doesn't have to direct anymore, he can just be executive producer and let someone else he thinks is up to the task to take over. The last thing we need, again, is a reboot/respin re-whatever of this. I'm tired of them, and rehashing the same areas of the batman story. It's about time they take it farther than just Joker and maybe Catwoman etc. There's a good number of villeins that can work in the Nolan style of being more "realistic" without issue. Riddler stands out in my mind, I'd love a dark tdk type batman with riddler and his death trap puzzles etc.

I partly agree. I don't really want to see the the same period retold again. But I also don't want to see Nolan's interuptation continued. I am also pretty Nolan wouldn't want it to be continued.

I don't see why someone else can't come in to create a new Batman without having to start at square one again.

Director Christopher Nolan says the Joker won't even be referenced in the final Batman movie, out of respect to the late Heath Ledger. This is probably where that eight-year time jump comes in handy:

"We're not addressing the Joker. That is something I felt very strongly about in terms of my relationship with Heath [Ledger] and the experience I went through with him on The Dark Knight. I didn't want to in any way try and account for a real-life tragedy. That seemed inappropriate to me. We just have a new set of characters and a continuation of Bruce Wayne's story. Not involving the Joker."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/30/will-the-joker-be-referenced-in-dark-knight-rises

I partly agree. I don't really want to see the the same period retold again. But I also don't want to see Nolan's interuptation continued. I am also pretty Nolan wouldn't want it to be continued.

I don't see why someone else can't come in to create a new Batman without having to start at square one again.

It could be like Superman Returns, all new actors but they don't bother with a origin story.

I didn't think I could get my psyched for this, but after watching that MTV trailer, I am!

yeah I wasn't actually that buzzed about the movie but that trailer made me get kinda hyped, I will probably wait till blu-ray though

US cinema chain AMC announced on its website today (June 4) that the highly-anticipated third instalment Christopher Nolan in 's Batman trilogy will run for approximately

2 hours and 45 minutes.

US cinema chain AMC announced on its website today (June 4) that the highly-anticipated third instalment Christopher Nolan in 's Batman trilogy will run for approximately

2 hours and 45 minutes.

:o

And I'm done. No more trailers or tv spots or whatever for me. I've seen enough to know it's epic. I don't want to see any more until I have my popcorn and coke, sat in the cinema!