Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

I'm a sucker for good movie posters, but is it worth it?

If you like good posters yes. When I saw the final price including shipping and tax would be $58 I almost didn't, but then I figured I would be mad at myself later so I got it.

Bought my ticket this morning for the noon showing at my local theater. It's not the IMAX (can't justify spending $100, including gas, to see a movie since the closest IMAX is in Nashville or Little Rock), so I'll just have to make due and enjoy it anyway. Can't wait. Only 48hrs and 44mins to go!

If you like good posters yes. When I saw the final price including shipping and tax would be $58 I almost didn't, but then I figured I would be mad at myself later so I got it.

Bought it! Delivery charges weren't pretty as it will be going to another continent, but looks to be worth it.

If he dies, he doesn't really rise then does he :p

When you rise, you'll fall eventually

:p

Plan on going to see it Friday night with my wife. Would usually do like a matinee show on either Saturday or Sunday, but she is going to be gone for the weekend, so going to brave the crowds for release night, hoping I do not regret doing so.

Ugh, I'm not going now sadly. Turns out my friend (who has the car) can't go and the showtime I had would preclude me from taking the bus to the mall to go to the movies there. So I have to wait until next week now. So, eh no biggie I guess.

Just came back from watching it. My expression:

:cry:

Scirwode

The Dark Knight Rises is one of the greatest films of all time and a perfect end to the best film trilogy ever created. As far as the future of the franchise I would almost rather see a JLA movie go without Batman then to see someone else reinterpret it so quickly.

Buuuuuuuuuttttttt I would totally be down with JGL being Batman

It was a nice closing to a great trilogy.

In the back of my mind, I knew the twist was coming but couldn't remember to figure it out cause I was too busy awaiting the conclusion of Bane vs. Batman 2. :freak2: Great twist btw. Bane was a good villain but he's no Joker. In the end of the film, nobody will really remember him. I though Nolan fixed Bane's lines. My gosh, he needed subtitles in all his scenes. Hathaway was a great choice for Catwoman. Good gracious she was hot in this film. Did anyone else beside me laugh when they saw the Scarcrow again? Nice easter egg there Nolan. There's won't be a Robin spin off. Blake can't fight. But again, it was nice of Nolan to add that in. I couldn't stop nickpicking a lot of stuff but I've also learn no movie is perfect.

It was a nice closing to a great trilogy.

In the back of my mind, I knew the twist was coming but couldn't remember to figure it out cause I was too busy awaiting the conclusion of Bane vs. Batman 2. :freak2: Great twist btw. Bane was a good villain but he's no Joker. In the end of the film, nobody will really remember him. I though Nolan fixed Bane's lines. My gosh, he needed subtitles in all his scenes. Hathaway was a great choice for Catwoman. Good gracious she was hot in this film. Did anyone else beside me laugh when they saw the Scarcrow again? Nice easter egg there Nolan. There's won't be a Robin spin off. Blake can't fight. But again, it was nice of Nolan to add that in. I couldn't stop nickpicking a lot of stuff but I've also learn no movie is perfect.

idk about Bane being forgotten. After all he broke the Bat. Yeah he was not as memorable as the Joker but still had some scenes that rivaled some of the Best for the joker. But having seen all 3 films the Jokers dialogue at the end of TDK where he is hanging upside down is my favorite scene of the films.

Appreciating the use of the spoiler tag guys - cheers.

I won't get to see this till next Thursday.. going to be tough to dodge all those spoilers till then! :|

I felt sad when the Harry Potter series ended, I felt even more sad when the Batman trilogy ended :(

Saw it at midnight last night... wow. It was amazing. I'm not so sure that it was more entertaining than The Dark Knight, but I do believe that it was a very solid movie and a great ending to a great set of movies. There are various twists and turns that keep you glued to the screen, and I did not feel like I was there for 2:45.

I cannot stress enough that one should re-watch Batman Begins (and TDK, if you can, but BB is the important one) if you haven't seen it in awhile.

I must say it was quite epic, and agree re watching batman begins would help. Im guessing thats why most theaters in my area were doing a marathon before the premiere. The cast was fantastic, anyone notice it was like an inception reunion haha. All jokes aside, it was definitely darker than the other two, not saying the things the joker did were not dark and kind of weird, but this one just felt painful in some scenes. I will miss this series.

Can't wait for his rendition on man of steel!

• Like 1

Perhaps we should have a TDKR thread under Movie Ratings? That way there's no need to throw spoiler tags, have potential for people getting upset that someone hasn't used a spoiler tag, all that jazz.

Horrible. Sorry, but while parts of it were enjoyable, on a whole, the film was an epic disaster. Bane was such a terrible choice and I had a feeling they wouldn't be able to pull the character off. That voice, it was so bad. I couldn't take the character seriously with that stupid voice. Ugh! And Catwoman? She was barely even developed, such a static and useless character. Nowhere near as good as the first two. And Bane was horrible compared to Ledger's Joker.

5/10 stars