Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

Here?s what a ?good source? told Badass Digest:

Anne Hathaway will be Catwoman in the movie. I can?t tell you what role she has in the beginning, but by the end of the story Catwoman isn?t a villain but rather an ally of Batman. And who are they teaming up to take out? The League of Shadows. Headed by Talia Al?Ghul. With Bane, who is her muscle/possible love interest. And with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in tow. Is he playing Black Mask? My source didn?t know, but did know that Levitt is certainly an antagonist and involved with the League of Shadows.

The latest rumors suggest that Batman will be getting an "aerial Bat-Vehicle", so in other words a Nolan-friendly equivalent of the Batplane. That said, this rumor has a very long history behind it - I think every Batman movie ever has had rumors of a Batplane, and we still haven't gotten much closer than this. So take this with a grain of salt for now. [IGN]

This is just another variation on the strangely persistent "Will Liam Neeson return?" non-story, but this time around the Ra's al Ghul portrayer does at least say he'd be up for a return if it happened (which it won't), in the process displaying a little comic book knowledge about the Lazarus pits:

"That rumor is totally not true. In the comic books, Ra's Al Ghul goes into a life bath of some sort and immerses himself to become immortal. So that's probably where that comes from. But no-one's approached me with an offer. I'd like to if it happens."

[Digital Spy]

Speaking to MTV, Mr. oldman acknowledges that he has not yet read the script. But to E! Online he said of the film?s chief baddie,
I think it?s a villain from one of the old, old, from way back from the old comics? It is a Batman villian? It?s not going to be the Joker.

Take that with a grain of salt, but since Gary Oldman probably knows just a bit more about the specifics of the story than most, we?ll go with it for now. (Even if he may not be an expert on Batman comics continuity and history.)

Back to the MTV interview, where Gary Oldman says,

It?s a great story ? you look at The Dark Knight and think ?how?s he going to top it?? but I think he has.

Asked for any vague terms ? is that in terms of scope, feel, etc, he says,

Yeah, it?s the scope of it, and also the way he kind of brings it back to Batman Begins and really what Christian ? what Bruce Wayne discovers about himself, what he learns about himself at the end of this one.

Let that link back to Batman Begins tantalize you a bit, especially as it plays towards supposition that we?ll see Talia al Ghul in the film as one villain.

http://www.slashfilm.com/dark-knight-rises-secret-vintage-villain-gary-oldman-movie-tops-dark-knight/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+slashfilm+%28%2FFilm%29&utm_content=FaceBook

New information has surfaced that go against our earlier reports by Aaron Echkart that Two-Face would appear in The Dark Knight Rises!

Eckhart was once again asked if Two-Face would appear by CBS News and offered a very different response when the reporter indicated that his character wasn't returning to the film, he responded by saying,"I'm not?"

The reporter followed up by asking if he was returning to the film in a new story arc, flashback or some capacity and as you can expect he was much less forthcoming. He smiled and said,"I could not possibly say."

Hey ya'll, was reading todays new comics and thought I would share this fun little snippet of banter between Red Robin (Tim Drake) and the Madmen. Anne Hathaway's "alluring" lips are referenced in the bottom panel. I thought it would be fun to share with all you batfans, seeing as she is cast as Catwoman in Chris Nolan's upcoming The Dark Knight Rises.

Ki7o.png

600fulljun.jpg

After weeks of quiet negotiations, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is set to re-team with his "Inception" director Christopher Nolan on "The Dark Knight Rises."

Additionally, indie sensation Juno Temple is being eyed for a supporting role as a street-smart Gotham girl. Warner Bros. and reps for both thesps declined to comment.

Speculation has run rampant regarding what character Gordon-Levitt will play, though the part is being kept under wraps. Blogs have pegged the part as The Riddler or, more likely, Deadshot, a member of the villainous League of Shadows, but Nolan has elected to keep fans in the dark ... for now.

The Oscar-nominated filmmaker continues to fine-tune the script as the start of production grows closer. He's also serving as a creative consultant on another WB superhero franchise, Zack Snyder's "Superman," which now has Henry Cavill, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane onboard.

"The Dark Knight Rises" is scheduled for release on July 20, 2012.

Since Gordon-Levitt was first reported last month as being in talks for "Dark Knight," he hasn't signed on for any more projects, and his summer remains wide open. Thesp next stars opposite Natalie Portman in the indie drama "Hesher," which Wrekin Hill recently acquired, with plans to release the long-delayed film in April. He'll also be seen alongside Seth Rogen in Jonathan Levine's cancer comedy "50/50," which Summit will release on Sept. 30.

Gordon-Levitt recently wrapped David Koepp's thriller "Premium Rush," which Columbia plans to open Jan. 13. He's currently filming Rian Johnson's sci-fi pic "Looper," which co-stars Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt.

Temple, who can now be seen in Jordan Scott's "Cracks" and Gregg Araki's "Kaboom," has two Sundance pics in the can -- Elgin James' "Little Birds" and last year's festival hit "Dirty Girl." She recently wrapped starring roles in the indies "Killer Joe" opposite Matthew McConaughey and Emile Hirsch, as well as "Jack and Diane." Additionally, thesp plays Queen Anne in Paul W.S. Anderson's adaptation of "The Three Musketeers," and is gearing up to co-star in the indie thriller "A Single Shot."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118034129?categoryid=13&cs=1&cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews

Variety?s Jeff Sneider is reporting that ?insiders? say Joseph Gordon-Levitt?s role in The Dark Knight Rises is officially Alberto Falcone, a primary antagonist from the Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale Batman stories The Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

Tom Wilkinson played Carmine Falcone, Alberto?s father, in Batman Begins. Alberto Falcone was the top rumored character for Gordon-Levitt to portray following last month?s news that he was close to a role in the film, though speculation ranged from Riddler to Deadshot. Gordon-Levitt was officially confirmed for the film on Friday.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/03/19/variety-says-joseph-gordon-levitt-is-alberto-falcone-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

But Entertinament Weekly wrote this on Monday:

A source close to the situation says that recent reports that Gordon-Levitt will play Alberto Falcone (a.k.a. the Holiday Killer) ? the son of former mob kingpin, Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) ? are incorrect. So, Batman fans: Begin the re-speculation now!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Riddler.

Remember those spoilers we got that sort of revealed the plot of The Dark Knight Rises? Yeah, well, even though we didn't get a confirmation that Black Mask is indeed in the film, it looks like that something is going on regarding the character. Since we don't know for sure if Joseph Gordon-Levitt is playing Alberto Falcone, or some other character Batman On Film posted something interesting:

"I had heard JGL was definitely playing ONE of the following characters: Black Mask or Alberto Falcone. Honestly, I REALLY thought he was going to be Black Mask and I wasn?t too thrilled about it. I did figured [sic] one of these was a red herring and I?m glad the decoy was [black Mask] and not Alberto."

Many thanks to Batman-News for the heads up and also they were following that post from BOF, saying that:

"Now this is where things get even crazier. Earlier today after Entertainment Weekly published their article, BOF edited their original post ? replacing all references of Black Mask with ?Xxxxx Xxxx?. Did BOF make the change to protect their relationship with Warner Bros. in an attempt to not give away Gordon-Levitt?s character? Perhaps.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Riddler.

I would. Hell I'd be surprised if Riddler even appeared.

Riddler was, supposedly, the obvious rumour for this film, and of course all of the clich?d actor choices got thrown around.

hollycatwo.png

Last Friday, when Joseph Gordon-Levitt was confirmed for Christopher Nolan?s The Dark Knight Rises, there was also word that actress Juno Temple was being eyed for a role. Now she is confirmed for the film, and will reportedly play ?a street-smart Gotham girl.? That could mean a lot of things ? she could literally be a very tertiary character who just has a small role. But the description also sounds just enough like Frank Miller?s version of Robin from the original Dark Knight mini-series that there has already been a good amount of speculation about the reality of the role.
Much more likely, however, is that she?ll play another Frank Miller character, Holly Robinson, who is friend to Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman.

Variety repeats only the basic role description with the casting announcement; it?s possible that another scoop-breaking site like Deadline will chime in with more info soon.

Holly Robinson, introduced by Frank Miller in Batman: Year One, does seem like the most likely role. She was ?a juvenile prostitute who lives with Selina Kyle,? and in various incarnations has actually been trained to replace Selina Kyle as Catwoman. Juno Temple?s basic appearance definitely works with the way the character has been drawn over the years.

http://www.slashfilm.com/juno-temple-confirmed-the-dark-knight-rises-catwomans-sidekick/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+slashfilm+%28%2FFilm%29&utm_content=FaceBook

From Wiki....

Holly is a frequent ally and sidekick of Catwoman. She was trained by Wildcat and her friend Selina Kyle, and temporarily became the new Catwoman following the birth of Selina's daughter...

Selina Kyle's daughter would be Helena Kyle Wayne, AKA Huntress of the Birds of Prey -

Classic

90147-141030-huntress_super.jpg

TV (Ashley Scott)

Huntress.jpg

^^

I doubt they would go that far, she's the spawn of Batman and Catwoman...maybe at the end she could be pregnant.

Here's an interesting bit from scooper 'Nxn21' that could mean absolutely nothing or quite a lot:
I might have proof that they are shooting The Dark Knight Rises here in Chicago.

I was making a delivery at an auto parts store in Rolling Meadows and I drove past an automotive paint and decal shop and saw a GPD SUV parked out front.

928200384.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/161182-gotham-police-vehicle-spotted-in-chicago

Gary Oldman Hints At More Batman Movies From Christopher Nolan After TDKR!

The actor has revealed that despite recent reports, he isn't ruling out the possibility of director Christopher Nolan coming back to make a fourth Batman movie!

"And then in May, Batman in May. Until November. The story is great. Well, Chris is always negotiating, so when he says that I don't know. He kind of brings it around to Batman Begins. It's a really thrilling story. It would have to be, to top The Dark Knight."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=33957