Fusion OS

Hey everyone thanks for all your replies and if iu all could, would you submit your suggestions through the feedback website at bugs.fusionos.net it will make it easier to keep track of bugs and suggestions! Thanks! But feel free to leave them here also so everyone can see them and respond.

- Keith.

I will pm you some information later on a direct download, and thanks to Fus1on a user here on the forums he will be facilitating hosting for direct downloads! Thanks so much Fus1on!

Thank you :)

Seeded 12GB almost :cool:

Will install as well and give some feedback on the official site :)

I check if I can upload it with DropBox and post a link here, not sure if they support files >1GB though

Hey everyone thanks for all your replies and if iu all could, would you submit your suggestions through the feedback website at bugs.fusionos.net it will make it easier to keep track of bugs and suggestions! Thanks! But feel free to leave them here also so everyone can see them and respond.

- Keith.

I copied and pasted my forum post into a ticket.

HTTP link here!

http://db.tt/PQXDkKz

DropBox limits the daily amount of traffic to 10GB/day, so that's 9 downloads / day at max speed :)

Just tested it, and gives around 2000 kpbs for me :yes:

Hope this helps :)

HTTP link here!

http://db.tt/PQXDkKz

DropBox limits the daily amount of traffic to 10GB/day, so that's 9 downloads / day at max speed :)

Just tested it, and gives around 2000 kpbs for me :yes:

Hope this helps :)

Thank you sir!

Thank you sir!

You are welcome ;)

You (and others who use it) should get really decent speeds from DropBox :D

Hey everybody,

I have been reading through the forums, and all the replies and have been reading all the tickets you guys have submitted and I want to say thank you! Thanks for downloading, and giving Fusion a try! We really appreciate your kind comments, and helping each other out. Also as another user has said above the default password for the keyring is "password" and that is also the password for the live cd. Now something else I want to talk about it Fusion OS Beta 3, or possibly RC1 (haven't decided yet.) Now I know some of you are thinking right now, WHAT! YOU JUST RELEASED BETA 2 YESTERDAY!!!111 but as you know we have to move forward, and Beta 3/RC1 wont be available for a while anyways. Now what I want to talk about though is the interface, and some proposed changes to it, these changes would be:

- Removal of unified "Menu" button on the top panel (Until our new idea takes shape. shhhhh... :iiam: )

- Addition of drop down search bar on top panel

- Move notifications from the right to the left side

- Move the time to the right of the top panel/

- Easier 'pinning' on the taskbar

- New lockscreen codename: "Ingress"

fosb3preview.png

Please take a look at the basic mockup below, and please post your thoughts on the layout and what you think about it. Also I want to thank again Fus1on for donating us his hosting services, and TrOjAn for putting it up to Dropbox!

- Keith

• Like 1

Why have you completely removed the app launcher? It seems to me like you're going a bit to far to try and emulate OSX, I personally don't like a Linux OS without the app launcher.

Why have you completely removed the app launcher? It seems to me like you're going a bit to far to try and emulate OSX, I personally don't like a Linux OS without the app launcher.

What do you mean by app launcher? There is an app launcher it is pinned to the taskar?

I can download and seed indefinitely. I leave it up full time but limit upload to 30k in evenings when I'm home.

Tried to download and I get a page that says the file isn't there.

Or try the torrent: someone's currently at 1.7mbps which is not that bad imo!

torrent should always be used unless your ISP thottles BT or the torrent has too many leechers and not enough seeders imo.

torrent should always be used unless your ISP thottles BT or the torrent has too many leechers and not enough seeders imo.

And since there are enough seeders (me :p ), everyone should use torrents :)

From trying... I love it, the UI and animations are sweet!!

But from your Beta 3 preview, could you possibly put the clock back to the position in Beta 2? I way prefer a long date in that position than just a clock on the right. It looked way nicer and such that way, d'know I'm really loving this. Makes Ubuntu 11.04 look ugly.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry everyone project is still very active! Just been keeping a little hush hush on some if the final things before 1.0 I will be posting an announcement tomorrow regarding the final release, the next Beta/RC, major and minor changes, and some screenshots! Sorry to worry you!

- Keith.

• Like 2

Don't worry everyone project is still very active! Just been keeping a little hush hush on some if the final things before 1.0 I will be posting an announcement tomorrow regarding the final release, the next Beta/RC, major and minor changes, and some screenshots! Sorry to worry you!

- Keith.

YAY it lives!

Yay! :)

Will be seeding again some gigs like I did with the beta.

I also have a shared server with 20GB/month traffic, could upload it there too ;)