Fusion OS

Thanks, Me and two others, but they don't develop. One helps with interface design, and the other just tests all the builds and releases. We are always looking for more people though!

Oh I do not think I would be of much use unless you had some incredibly basic entry level stuff you just needed to push off on someone; that was not the intent of my post but hey! I'm here for ya, I would have to add whatever gets done to my very young, short resume ;) Three people is quite impressive, especially if only you are developing. You three should be proud, but yes if you need something and I am able to help I would love to.

Thanks, Me and two others, but they don't develop. One helps with interface design, and the other just tests all the builds and releases. We are always looking for more people though!

Well if it's only you who's developing, I'd say you need as much support from the linux community as possible.

Also, the most obvious target-group for FusionOS would be people who are dissatisfied by Gnome3 (I like it, looks good on my laptop but is buggy, the devs/designers act like a bunch of douches and it feels very apple-y in terms of stuff it allows you to do/change).

ISO is built. Final testing underway the install process is going smooth just making sure everything works on a clean install and then it will be released! :yes:

ISO is built. Final testing underway the install process is going smooth just making sure everything works on a clean install and then it will be released! :yes:

I registered just to ask you, since like everyone else, I'm excited, when are you putting it up?

Me and my friends have been waiting since a few hours now :(

I don't have a good download/upload speed, but once finished, I can definitely seed for about 12 hours everyday at 40 KB/s (1.65 GB/day)

Although once my school begins (Tuesday), only 7-8 hours would be possible. (984 MB - 1.12 GB/day)

Where is the source available for viewing? I'd love to see it!

If it isn't yet, when do you plan to put this somewhere so that others can help build on it and use FDE elsewhere? (Such is the nature of Open Source).

I like v3 it's very nice. I think it would be nice if there are some hover effects on the close,minimize buttons. And I have interesting recent documents already, empathy-available.png lolol

Now, is it?

It'd be a pain to start over, since I'm already through with 530 megs... on a slow connection, I might add.

No it is not. Its the same build. :)

No it is not. Its the same build. :)

Ah, great! :D

By the way, did you manage to get that extra line off from the app center edges (or wherever it was)?

I like v3 it's very nice. I think it would be nice if there are some hover effects on the close,minimize buttons. And I have interesting recent documents already, empathy-available.png lolol

I do have hover effects completed, however they were not implemented because of all the problems with the window theme. I am going to rework the theme in the next few days to try and solve the problems. Also I noticed there was a few recent documents but to get rid of them I would've had to rebuild the iso again, I didn't think it was worth the tine since they didn't cause any problems. :p

Will be creating a torrent and will seed 24/7 for twee weeks or so with 500 kbps up

Currently at 300kbps down, so done in 50 min :yes:

Just tried it in live session:

A great looking distro, interface is very simple and clean. (better than all other distro)

• Based on Dabian/Gnome 2.30
  • LAN card and sound didn't work here

other people please share your experience.

Just installed Fusion OS. It's a virtual machine on my Windows 7 computer. I use VMWare Player.

I was wondering why it was running so darn slow... Then I realized that only 256 MB of RAM was dedicated to the OS. Bumping that up to 1 GB helped out a lot! :D

Everything looks great so far! I like how you give the user stuff to do while the OS is installing... :)

Okay, I loaded it, and when the login screen appeared, I noticed that the power button on the bottom-right corner was partly off of the screen... Only half of it was visible... Lol. So that might have to be attended to...

Otherwise, everything seemed fine, except for one thing: By default, VMWare Player had the OS running at a screen resolution of 800 by 600, and it just wasn't... designed for that in mind. Some of the Preferences windows did not fit entirely on the screen, so the OK and Cancel buttons at the bottom could not be reached, and when I was using LibreOffice, it was just crowded. The button's icons were large, and I couldn't find a way to make them smaller... (It's been forever since I used OpenOffice... lol)

So, perhaps, keep that in mind for the future... Anyway, other than that, it was fine. The only other issue I had was Chromium not displaying Neowin.net well, but that's an issue I can bring up with the site itself. Lol. :)