Nokia PC Suite or Nokia Ovi Suite?

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• Nokia PC Suite
    • Nokia Ovi suite

Question

Hi, I'm getting a new Nokia phone the day after tomorrow and I'm downloading few things such as the new OS update, tools, wallpapers, etc. I reached the point when I have to choose which application to use to make full phone backups. The available options for my model in the Nokia website are the Nokia PC Suite and the Nokia Ovi Suite. In Wikipedia I read that "Nokia Ovi Suite is replacement for Nokia PC Suite and is integrated with the "ovi" brand of services". That's fine, but why do they offer both suites when I select my phone model? Are there any differences between them and which one has more functions? Can I make a full phone backup/recovery (I'm mainly concerned about the calendar) and can I make software updates with the Ovi suite only? Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

I find pc suite more usefull, don't need OVI for basics. OVI is just not ready IMAO.

Yeah, for my old Nokia phone (years ago) I was always using the PC Suite, but now they say they're going to kill it to make place for the new, shiny Ovi Suite - it's nearly 100MB and the good old PC Suite is only 34. This Ovi thing must have something extra..?