[Pic] Telnet

I get it, but it wasn't that funny :p

Well that's what I get for trying to be humorous while ranting at Microsoft about moving Indie Games I suppose.

I like it :)

But wtf does LoTR and Scott Pilgrim have in common?

wtf can't you understand? :rolleyes:

LOTR is mentioned in the thread in reference to being a "Computer Geek meets Fantasy Geek" where Scott Pilgrim fits the latter. Sorry if people are unable to comprehend this. Maybe take some vitamins and get some fresh air every so often... :)

Lmao, I remember the first I learned how to use CMD and all the scripts and then telnet. This was the first one I learned about and was puzzled, then someone told me and I was like "Oh Lol!". The next one I was shown, which was cool, is the famous star wars telnet server.

Anyone still have the IP to the Star Wars telnet server?

Gonna be really hit or miss, dunno how many Neowin users are familiar with memes.

Are there other telnet to some place jokes on the Internet? I don't think it is technically a meme if you come up with it yourself. Its just a joke. Now, if *I* were to take your image, and modify it with my own telnet to some place funny message appears, then that would be a meme.

Anyway, I thought it was funny! :p :) :D

Are there other telnet to some place jokes on the Internet? I don't think it is technically a meme if you come up with it yourself. Its just a joke. Now, if *I* were to take your image, and modify it with my own telnet to some place funny message appears, then that would be a meme.

Anyway, I thought it was funny! :p :) :D

It's a meme because the phrase has been used many times before.

This is the original

106.jpg

Search one does not <x> into mordor and there is likely a picture of it.

And there is really no Mordor telnet server, I doctored the image.

It's a meme because the phrase has been used many times before.

This is the original

106.jpg

Search one does not <x> into mordor and there is likely a picture of it.

And there is really no Mordor telnet server, I doctored the image.

Ahhh, yes. Then it is definitely a meme :).

wtf can't you understand? :rolleyes:

LOTR is mentioned in the thread in reference to being a "Computer Geek meets Fantasy Geek" where Scott Pilgrim fits the latter. Sorry if people are unable to comprehend this. Maybe take some vitamins and get some fresh air every so often... :)

Considering I haven't seen Scott Pilgrim and know nothing about it, that's probably the bit I didn't understand in the original comment.

Considering I haven't seen Scott Pilgrim and know nothing about it, that's probably the bit I didn't understand in the original comment.

Thank heavens there is someone else who didnt get the reference straight off the bat. Some helpful members in this thread isnt there....