[Apple] About 70% of sales are due to iDevices

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/13/technology/thebuzz/index.htm

Although the article itself discuses the value of Apple's stock, it provides a graph I found interesting.

chart_buzz_apple_pie2.top.gif

The iDevice hardware themselves make up about 64% and iTunes brings in 6%. I don't believe any of this is in any way shape or form earth shattering, but I found it interesting so I figured I'd share.

Quite amazing how the iPhone has managed to take over so much of their business in such a short amount of time.

Something not quite right there though maybe. Does the Touch fall under the iPhone or Ipod listing? If iPod it seems too low.

Quite amazing how the iPhone has managed to take over so much of their business in such a short amount of time.

I would argue that it didn't "take over so much of their business" but instead created so much of their business.

I would argue that it didn't "take over so much of their business" but instead created so much of their business.

Apple's comeback pretty much started with the iPod & iTunes. Because of those two products the Mac came back into the picture as well and became a lot more popular. The iPhone accelerated things even more.

Apple's comeback pretty much started with the iPod & iTunes. Because of those two products the Mac came back into the picture as well and became a lot more popular. The iPhone accelerated things even more.

Thats true. iPhone sales have cannibalized iPod sells, so in that regard I guess it did "take over".

Something not quite right there though maybe. Does the Touch fall under the iPhone or Ipod listing? If iPod it seems too low.

It SHOULD be under iPod since it's the iPod Touch.

I like to think that switching to intel was a major factor for Macs than iPod ever was.

I like to think that switching to intel was a major factor for Macs than iPod ever was.

Considering the sales figures above, the mac is irrelevant even to Apple. They could completely drop OSX and their laptops/desktops and the company would still be incredibly profitable.

Considering the sales figures above, the mac is irrelevant even to Apple. They could completely drop OSX and their laptops/desktops and the company would still be incredibly profitable.

I wasn't commenting on the success of iPod but how Macs came around to selling more over the years. iPod is a different story.