Ricky Gervais - Why I'm an Atheist

Dear Ricky, No one other than you gives a rats ***. Have a good day... sleeping.gif

I'd say a pretty fair number of people care and are interested in what Ricky Gervais thinks.

Dear Ricky, No one other than you gives a rats ***. Have a good day... sleeping.gif

Awwwww...did someone have a different view point than you? :cry:

Ricky's awesome. lol

Funny, I don't see you writing articles for major news papers.. :rolleyes: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Ricky sure likes to talk a lot about something he claims he doesn't believe in. Seems rather ironic to me haha :)

The first sentance pretty much said its because he's asked all the time and that everyone asking probably doesn't believe the stuff they say they do as much as they think they do :)

Ricky sure likes to talk a lot about something he claims he doesn't believe in. Seems rather ironic to me haha :)

So people aren't allowed to have an educated opinion on subjects now?

Worlds+Smallest+Violin.jpg

So people aren't allowed to have an educated opinion on subjects now?

<snip>

*looks over for my post for words either directly saying or even indicating that you are "not allowed to have an educated opinion on a subject"*

Hmmm.... Nothing in my post just seems to be me mentioning the observation of the fact that Ricky is talking in great detail about something he doesn't believe in which seems ironic to me.. Strange that!

Well sorry but I think you quoted the wrong person bud! But hey we are all human and allowed to make mistakes :)

*looks over for my post for words either directly saying or even indicating that you are "not allowed to have an educated opinion on a subject"*

Hmmm.... Nothing in my post just seems to be me mentioning the observation of the fact that Ricky is talking in great detail about something he doesn't believe in which seems ironic to me.. Strange that!

Well sorry but I think you quoted the wrong person bud! But hey we are all human and allowed to make mistakes :)

His point is that plenty of people justify their beliefs against or with something. It's not uncommon for people to try to sway others to their beliefs or state why they believe something, so it's not really ironic that he talks about Christianity and other religions when he doesn't believe in them.

It's a shame his 2009 movie was nothing more than a political statement trashing Christianity rather than the comedy it was portrayed as in the previews.

He'll never get another dime from me.

It's a shame his 2009 movie was nothing more than a political statement trashing Christianity rather than the comedy it was portrayed as in the previews.

He'll never get another dime from me.

Just added that to my netflix queue! thanks :)

BTW, what does Christianity even mean anymore? i see protestants bashing mormons and mormons bashing catholics and catholics bashing methodists and all of the above bashing muslims.. its getting old to blame the non beleivers for not wanting to be a part of all the bashing the believers already do themselves

His point is that plenty of people justify their beliefs against or with something. It's not uncommon for people to try to sway others to their beliefs or state why they believe something, so it's not really ironic that he talks about Christianity and other religions when he doesn't believe in them.

The part I found ironic was that he is investing his time & energy into explaining why he doesn't believe in a certain subject. Now to me that seems like wasted energy, he could be using that towards other more productive activities.

I'm not saying what he was saying is right or wrong, I completely believe in a freedom to express yourself however I just believe it's ironic that he is ranting about something that he claims is rather meaningless and doesn't care about it :)

The part I found ironic was that he is investing his time & energy into explaining why he doesn't believe in a certain subject. Now to me that seems like wasted energy, he could be using that towards other more productive activities.

I'm not saying what he was saying is right or wrong, I completely believe in a freedom to express yourself however I just believe it's ironic that he is ranting about something that he claims is rather meaningless and doesn't care about it :)

if a lot of people ask him the question, would it not be worth while to talk about even if he does not hold much interest in said subject? it's not wasted at all. He has an audience that wants to hear it therefore he says it.

if a lot of people ask him the question, would it not be worth while to talk about even if he does not hold much interest in said subject? it's not wasted at all. He has an audience that wants to hear it therefore he says it.

Well a lot of people probably ask him on a daily basis how he is feeling. Yet he wont go in front of a massive audience to explain how he was feeling on each day. And the same principles could be applied to a lot of questions that he is repeatedly asked. Just because he is asked a question constantly does not constitute a massive rant about something he claims he does not believe in nor care about. As him discussing the matter in great detail shows he does care about the subject matter.

If he literally does not care about God and does not believe in God then why go on about the subject?

You are either atheist or you are not, most people understand the definition of the word and if they do not then thats where a dictionary serves its purpose.

That is where I find the irony in this whole thing.