Can someone remove the yellow tint from this photo?

EDIT #2: I think we've gotten all we can out of the image now. Thank you everyone, I seriously appreciate it!

I took a photo with my iPhone 4 and it's very yellow.

I want the photo to be printed for a 5"x7" photo frame (quite small).

Does anything think they could prepare the photo a little for this task? I think all it needs is the yellow tint removed really, not sure. Maybe de-noising it a little?

I've uploaded the original 1936x2592, 1.98 MB image.

I can PayPal a little money to someone if they wish :) EDIT: I can also offer some Team Fortress 2 items? ha

post-645-0-89654300-1295614955.jpg

That's actually very easy, I don't have the time to do as i'm at work (and don't have photoshop, lightroom or anything similar installed), but you could do so yourself, in photoshop, gimp or microsoft picture editor (hmmm no, scratch microsoft picture editor...) and just modify "white balance".

That's actually very easy, I don't have the time to do as i'm at work (and don't have photoshop, lightroom or anything similar installed), but you could do so yourself, in photoshop, gimp or microsoft picture editor (hmmm no, scratch microsoft picture editor...) and just modify "white balance".

I feel some of the members here could do a way better job at preparing this photo for printing than I could do, so I thought I'd post it here :)

Not as easy as you'd think, due to the poor quality of the image.

I'm having a go at it now, but the results so far, are not great.

EDIT: I honestly think you'd be better off printing it in black and white.

I'm no Photoshop master, but I do retouch photos quite often, and I've tried a whole bunch of methods on this pic without a satisfactory result.

You're probably best off going for a black and white photo:

dogs.jpg

My other attempt while maintaining as much of the real colours as possible hasn't turned out too well, but I'm at work and don't have the proper programs to hand.

I feel some of the members here could do a way better job at preparing this photo for printing than I could do, so I thought I'd post it here :)

Lazy much :p ?

It's not easy, but granted it's not rocket science either, it's just adjusting white balance and removing noise. All easily done in photoshop or lightroom.

Here's my attempt. Picture quality isn't the best. I think it should be alright for printing at normal photo size (whatever that is :p)

EDIT: Attached the picture, I'm an idiot.

post-276214-0-41674200-1295616229.jpg

EDIT: I honestly think you'd be better off printing it in black and white.

I'm no Photoshop master, but I do retouch photos quite often, and I've tried a whole bunch of methods on this pic without a satisfactory result.

Yeah something that would have to have alot of tweaking, don't have time atm.. doing uni work..

The noise is a real problem though...

lessyellow.jpg

This is yellow but less yellow than before :p

Can't you ask the dogs to pose again & take the picture? :p

I think black & white is the better option considering the results of the members. Or PaulAuckNZ attempt will be good downsized?

I'm really new to this forum and I think I really will enjoy staying here.

Yeh, the community is truly fantastic :)

As someone said the noise is really bad but good for you you are printing it in a smaller format so the noise/grain won't be as bad on print. Still got some purple fringing going on. But when it prints(I tested it) it comes out good enough for a photo frame. Besides moments like these can only be captured once. Got to use what you have to make that happen.

post-279096-0-15497300-1295618490.jpg

post-279096-0-70291500-1295618652.jpg

There are 2/3 I like, and I'm having a tough time choosing :p

I think we've gotten all we can out of the image now. Thank you everyone, I seriously appreciate it!

I'm really new to this forum and I think I really will enjoy staying here.

You caught us on a good day, it's only going to go down hill from here on :laugh: