Need a non violent strategy game

A long story short, I want to get my girlfriend a game so that she can play something as well and not just be foreced to watch me play.

Requirements are simple:

It has to be strategy game (more thinking/strategy invlolved better) and it can not be violent.

I have a few games (total war series and SupCom) but they in some way or another end up being about war. I think Sims would be something she might enjoy but as it is a pointless game, don't want her to be playing that.

Best I have come up so far is Crazy Machines

Or you can both go out on a date? :p

I do already.. would do it more often if I had more money :D

Chess? :shifty:

Monopoly?

Good sugestions, but if i get her one of those then she will ask me to play with her. Plus I got chess set already and other table games.

she's not forced to watch you play. She wants to be with you. You on the other had want to play games instead of being with her.....good luck in this relationship

I manage my time accordingly so that she gets most of my time (not counting work :)), and I try to play when she is busy. But she has told me multiple times that she wouldn't mind playing something as well.

Tnx, P1R4T3, forgot about Angry Birds... Showed it to her and she is beating all my high scores on that already.

Anno 1404 aka Dawn of Discovery. There are military aspects in the game, but you don't have to use them at all, I've never used them. I just like to build :)

enough of the jokes. what about diner dash or something on those lines

Look at gameplay on youtube, and it seems all about speed and not much strategy there.

Anno 1404 is a fantastic city building game, if that's the kind of thing your looking for.

Anno 1404 aka Dawn of Discovery. There are military aspects in the game, but you don't have to use them at all, I've never used them. I just like to build :)

I remember the original of that game, from like 10 years ago. deffintly will look into it and see if I can sell it to her :)

Few questions though. Is there a mode that will let you win when you reach certain wealth or something?

Can you be attcked without provoking the enemy first?

I remember the original of that game, from like 10 years ago. deffintly will look into it and see if I can sell it to her :)

Few questions though. Is there a mode that will let you win when you reach certain wealth or something?

Can you be attcked without provoking the enemy first?

There are scenarios but you can customise your own one, you can set winning conditions (if any), turn off pirates, natural disasters, number of AI players, etc. I have never been attacked from an AI player before because I keep the relationship healthy, which is fairly easy to do. I believe you can also play with no AI (besides the default 2 which are there only to help you). If you grab the Venice expansion, you can take over other islands via peaceful political means.

There are scenarios but you can customise your own one, you can set winning conditions (if any), turn off pirates, natural disasters, number of AI players, etc. I have never been attacked from an AI player before because I keep the relationship healthy, which is fairly easy to do. I believe you can also play with no AI (besides the default 2 which are there only to help you). If you grab the Venice expansion, you can take over other islands via peaceful political means.

Thanks a bunch... This looks like might be a game I am looking for. Keeping up economy and happienes, politics.. and no armed conflicts if all done right :)

Why did you thumbs down the Sims?

A number of my ex's really got into the Sims. For a non-gamer, the Sims offers a lot of advantages such as the fact you can't really lose and it lets girls satisfy their mothering/nurturing side without bothering you in the middle of a Starcraft game... :whistle:

Maybe that's just me.

Civilization - You can play this in the way you want, it doesn't have to be all fighting

You could always point her to a gaming site like kongregate, pogo, newsground. She could then pick the games she likes to play from the massive lists of games on site there.

Greed inc, its a lot more about thinking and strategy to remove the ground out from under your opponent. Its a lot more like chess/risk making sure your army is bigger than your opponents before an attack (if you directly attack)

What about getting her to play a game like undergarden? thats just weird, there is a free demo on steam to try it.

Or how about a free open source game like OpenTTD where you have to build up your company by transporting people and goods.

Finally you could try getting her to play Minecraft?

I know they are not all strategy but they do involve a lot of thought and play time.

I think Sims would be something she might enjoy but as it is a pointless game, don't want her to be playing that.

Lolz what? What video game isn't "pointless"?

Why "don't you want her to be playing that"? Isn't it her own choice, not yours?

Civilization - You can play this in the way you want, it doesn't have to be all fighting

You could always point her to a gaming site like kongregate, pogo, newsground. She could then pick the games she likes to play from the massive lists of games on site there.

Greed inc, its a lot more about thinking and strategy to remove the ground out from under your opponent. Its a lot more like chess/risk making sure your army is bigger than your opponents before an attack (if you directly attack)

What about getting her to play a game like undergarden? thats just weird, there is a free demo on steam to try it.

Or how about a free open source game like OpenTTD where you have to build up your company by transporting people and goods.

Finally you could try getting her to play Minecraft?

I know they are not all strategy but they do involve a lot of thought and play time.

Cheers, will look into these!

Lolz what? What video game isn't "pointless"?

Why "don't you want her to be playing that"? Isn't it her own choice, not yours?

And it is my choice not to inform her of the games existance ;)

... For a non-gamer, the Sims offers a lot of advantages such as the fact you can't really lose and it lets girls satisfy their mothering/nurturing side without bothering you in the middle of a Starcraft game... :whistle:

Maybe that's just me.

That makes two of us :)

In the end, all games are pointless. The sims at least will let her think twice before asking you to have babies with her :p