doesn't make sense that you can't...

Design decision. Demize99 said that he'd like people to kill with guns and not well timed grenades. Grenade spam is quite prevalent already, cooking would make it even worse.

Design decision. Demize99 said that he'd like people to kill with guns and not well timed grenades. Grenade spam is quite prevalent already, cooking would make it even worse.

I would like to just be able to hold on too it. Right now you hit grenade and it flies, makes it hard to judge a throw.

well that's a stupid design decision. especially for a game who likes to brag how "real" it is...

Downloaded Catalyst 11.10, tried to install, bluescreened during install, now I can't install any drivers. GG AMD.

the 11.10 preview driver did that to me. I installed them in safe mode and i was all good. try that.

well that's a stupid design decision. especially for a game who likes to brag how "real" it is...

That's a good design decision and the game aims to be authentic and not realistic. :p

EDIT My bad, cooking would fall under "authentic". Still, a good decision. :D

@Rooster69

Playing on PC? Press 5. I think it's possible to throw grenades farther if you hold on it longer than via the insta throw but I could be wrong.

That's a good design decision and the game aims to be authentic and not realistic. :p

@Rooster69

Playing on PC? Press 5. I think it's possible to throw grenades farther if you hold on it longer than via the insta throw but I could be wrong.

au?then?tic/??THentik/

Adjective:

• Of undisputed origin; genuine: "authentic 14th-century furniture".
  • Made or done in the traditional or original way: "authentic Italian meals".

re?al?is?tic/?r???listik/

Adjective:

• Having or showing a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected: "jobs are scarce, so you've got to be realistic".
  • Representing familiar things in a way that is accurate or true to life: "a realistic human drama".

so in terms of grenades, they are neither of those definitions :p

I tried installing in safe mode but it didn't work as it couldn't load the detection driver.

I fixed it anyway by going to device manager and uninstalling it that way.

Yeesh :wacko:

I tried installing in safe mode but it didn't work as it couldn't load the detection driver.

I fixed it anyway by going to device manager and uninstalling it that way.

Yeesh :wacko:

yeah my bad. i should have mentioned i installed the driver via the device manager. install it that way and you'll be fine.

I had a really strange bug happen to me on the XB360 version. Was in the right side hallway leading to B on Damavand Peak in Conquest, and I ran out of ammo so I switched kits with a dead body. Don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I couldn't be killed at that point. My health stayed at 100% and never moved. I didn't realize it cause I was on a massacre, literally their whole team was trying to get up the hallway and they were coming from behind me, from the side entrances. I thought I was just so badass I was taking them out left and right, but I realized when I ran out the door and saw 3 of them, and knifed 2, with them shooting me, something was wrong. I went back in the hall, continued my massacre, and noticed my health was not moving off 100%. Ended up going 22-6 because the game ended, about 45 seconds after I realized what was going on, and got about 15 kills in that hallway, with a pistol and knives.

Hope no one reported me, I didn't know it was going on, nor was it intentional. :/ But, it was pretty damn awesome, once I realized what was happening.

Also, :cry:

Don't know why this happened, but now I have to start my single player over, and had to setup all my multiplayer classes, vehicles, and appearances again.

post-46379-0-50492800-1320202923_thumb.j

Game is beautiful on Ultra on the PC. I just wanted to share what is already known. Campaign has been pretty good too. Just finished like the 4th mission.

1. Mortar need's a longer cool down and NOT unlimited ammo.

2. Remove tanks from city maps. Replace them with ATV's.

3. Get rid of the laser. It hurts my eyes in real life. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

4. Give back the ability to cook nades.

5. Rocket wars are not fun in tunnels. This happens on at least 3 maps.

6. Support In game mic's for squads. Hell even consoles support this.

7. Remove health regeneration for soldiers and vehicles. This is why we have medics and engys.

At first I was really enjoying the game. Now I just feel like its a Call of Duty game.

It lacks the charm BF2 had. I'll still play it...but it might be a weekend only game. Perhaps the games are just getting to "real" for my taste? I feel like BF2's maps were just a lot better. Everything just feels so crowded. I'm starting to wonder if this game was made more for consoles than PC's.

About the only things I do enjoy are the graphics.

Thoughts?

3. Get rid of the laser. It hurts my eyes in real life. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

7. Remove health regeneration for soldiers and vehicles.

At first I was really enjoying the game. Now I just feel like its a Call of Duty game.

It lacks the charm BF2 had. I'll still play it...but it might be a weekend only game. Perhaps the games are just getting to "real" for my taste? I feel like BF2's maps were just a lot better. Everything just feels so crowded. I'm starting to wonder if this game was made more for consoles than PC's.

About the only things I do enjoy are the graphics.

Thoughts?

1. Agreed, more or less

2. Agreed

3. Absolutely. That thing is awful

4. Again absolutely

5. Not sure about this one

6. (Y)

7. Absolutely (Y)

7. Remove health regeneration for soldiers and vehicles. This is why we have medics and engys.

Thoughts?

I've encountered no issues with the mortars, the flashlights bother me more than the lasers, and the health regen doesn't bother me but I see your point. Also, I like the tanks because I love to run around and C4 them to pieces. Sounds good other than that.

Downloaded Catalyst 11.10, tried to install, bluescreened during install, now I can't install any drivers. GG AMD.

This happened to me and I freaked out. I walked away from it, came back and turned it off. Turned it back on a couple hours later and everything was fine.

Hello BF3, meet Murtaugh!!!!!!! Just finished putting him together. Funny thing is my roommates machine is called Riggs ^_^

How much $ do you have into your rig?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5359/shannon067.jpg

^ Mine before some additional wiring tidying up work. Right around 2 grand 1.5 years ago.

If you're having the Punkbuster hard crash, install Windows 8! Believe me, it works. Let Windows 8 install its own sound drivers, and you're good to go. No more crashing :)

EA Extends Olive Branch to Call of Duty

"I wish them the best of luck."

EA has called a truce in its war of words with bitter franchise rival Call of Duty.

In a new interview with IGN, EA executive vice president Patrick Soderlund said, "We all respect what Call of Duty brings and what they're going to come with. Right now we're out in the market, and that's all I know. When they come out, they come out, and I wish them the best of luck. They're partners in this industry, and I play all their games and I look forward to many of them, and all I can do is try and make sure that people stay interested and want to have more Battlefield."

dddd_1320164197.jpg

In the past, EA has taken a far more aggressive stance in its competition against Modern Warfare 3. Back in April, EA CEO John Riccitiello said Battlefield 3 was "designed to take that game down" when referring to the new Call of Duty game, and added that "we think we have the better product."

EA Games president Frank Gibeau similarly said that "everybody loves a heavyweight fight, and that's what this is going to be. We're here to compete." The company even launched an "Above and Beyond the Call" ad campaign, clearly aimed at Call of Duty.

Our full interview with Soderlund, featuring more on Battlefield 3's successful launch and future plans, will be released later today.

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1211242p1.html

Edited by Anaron

Anyone else having issues with Multiplayer? Game seems to randomly crash for me. Maybe once every 30-40mins of play. Nothing overclocked and running on High settings.

My PC runs it on Ultra np aswell but in Multiplayer it crashes more often then. Single player has been fine no crashing at all just smooth gameplay for hours.

Anyone else having issues with Multiplayer? Game seems to randomly crash for me. Maybe once every 30-40mins of play. Nothing overclocked and running on High settings.

My PC runs it on Ultra np aswell but in Multiplayer it crashes more often then. Single player has been fine no crashing at all just smooth gameplay for hours.

you using the 11.10 ATI drivers? apparently it helps with that. also try updating punkbuster http://evenbalance.c...age=pbsetup.php. i know not having an up to date PB client causes a crap ton of crashes for me in BC2 and I have read it helps issues with this game too.