I am using a wireless keyboard and Mouse (MS) and I do not think that BF3 is accepting some keystrokes from my keyboard. Anyone know about any problems using wireless keyboards?

I have experienced ths problem aswell. Using a microsoft entertainment 8000 keyboard & mouse. go to push w a s d and nothng happens, takes a couple of taps for it to register on seperate occasions. Its not anoying, just a pain in the ass when you relly do need to move.

Otherwise, love this game, had a shocker playing yesterday, but today is another day and we will see..

Sorry man, what part of the US are you in, most of us are in texas so we choose texas servers just out of habit, next time we will look for other servers to better even out the ping.

Oregon. I usually choose LA or Seattle servers for BF3. The thing is in BC2 I played on Texas or Chicago servers just fine and a 100ms ping wasn't nearly noticeable in that game. I can really feel the difference between a 50ms server and a 100ms server in bf3 though.

That and the mouse sensitivity issue I was having yesterday. I haven't had the chance to play today so I don't know if that was a temporary thing or not.

I am absolutely, 100% satisfied with this purchase. IMO this blows BC2 way out of the water.

The graphics are.. Just.. Amazing. The gameplay is fast, the guns are fantastic, the knife animations are gruesome and fantastically violent. Everything just... Feels right for Battlefield.

MY ONLY COMPLAINT: Tactical flashlights, seriously? Enough said.

• Like 1

So does anyone else use the IRNV in their assault kit? That thing almost feels like cheating. I hear it's going to be nerfed but I have no idea how it could be. Although it was much worse in the daytime in the beta, so I'll bet they'll revert it to how it was then if anything.

So does anyone else use the IRNV in their assault kit? That thing almost feels like cheating. I hear it's going to be nerfed but I have no idea how it could be. Although it was much worse in the daytime in the beta, so I'll bet they'll revert it to how it was then if anything.

IRNV sucks. Seriously.

I've tried to use it a couple of times and it literally sucks. With AEK 971

I have started using it recently and, yep, it sure needs some adjusting. The sight is just too good at its current state.

I picked the Limited Edition of the game up yesterday, and my copy came with the Physical Warfare pack even though I never pre-ordered or did anything to really earn it that I'm aware of. I'm not sure if that's a bug or if I was just lucky. I played a bit of single player, and a bit of multiplayer. The single player on the game isn't bad but from what I've seen it's very linear. Again, not a major problem since the single player was almost a bonus to have included with the actual game.

The multiplayer blew me away, though. I played a match of Rush and was poorly prepared for that, so I left it and went to play Team Deathmatch so I could unlock some gear and actually become an asset to my team. I think I'm somewhere around Rank 7 and I am having a lot of fun with the game. Assault seems to be my class of choice for now because I enjoy playing the role of a medic, even with the small amount of time for revives in Team Deathmatch. I started with the Support class and I probably should have waited and got used to the game first. I'm using the M16A3 and the AK-74M at the moment, but I do have the M416 unlocked as well. The M16 seems to be the easier to use, but that might stem from having the Holographic Sight. For the M16, I use the Holographic Sight, a Tactical Light, and the Heavy Barrel (I think). For my AK, I use the Kobra, a Foregrip, and a Suppressor.

I haven't seen anyone using it yet. Wouldn't it be difficult enough to use with recoil, or do you just have to change your firing mode so that recoil becomes no problem at all? I'm surprised infrared and night vision are included on the one sight, but I imagine it's going to be an interesting sight to play with.

Battlefield 3 seems to have dragged me away from Gears of War 3, so I'll need to find time for both in the future!

How so?

It's considered a scope. Therefor holding shift while shooting makes it pinpoit accurate. Added to the fact that it makes people literally stick out like a neon sign..

I haven't seen anyone using it yet. Wouldn't it be difficult enough to use with recoil, or do you just have to change your firing mode so that recoil becomes no problem at all? I'm surprised infrared and night vision are included on the one sight, but I imagine it's going to be an interesting sight to play with.

Battlefield 3 seems to have dragged me away from Gears of War 3, so I'll need to find time for both in the future!

It's becoming very common. And no, using it with a silencer and grip to reduce most recoil and you have a gun that turns people into neon signs and is nearly laser accurate. I prefer the M416 or F2000.

The only downside to it's use is that it makes your field of view narrow when ads'ing. But I'm used to playing recon so that's not a huge bother to me.

You're doing it wrong then. It's crazy OP.

I think the term OP or Over Powered is getting used way too loosely lately. Bottom line, certain guns will naturally work better for some play styles than it does with others hence the allusion of OP. So far in this game I have not encountered a weapon that was blatantly OP, in certain situations every weapon will shine but they all seem to equally blow in the opposite situations, long range vs short range, high rate of fire vs slow rate of fire ect.... Example, UMP 45, I love it, fits my play style and works well for me. In my hands some may feel it is OP (not to pat myself on the back) but outside my play style it blows. It has no range on it, if I am caught out in the open I am a dead man so when I am using this weapon, I make an effort to stay in close quarters. Bottom line, if a player picks a weapon, plays that weapon how it is meant to be played and works it within its "sweet spot" they will succeed. People that pick a weapon and attempt to use it outside of its sweet spot will lose 9x out of 10 when they come face to face with the player inside the sweet spot and will instantly cry OP.

• Like 1

I think the term OP or Over Powered is getting used way too loosely lately. Bottom line, certain guns will naturally work better for some play styles than it does with others hence the allusion of OP. So far in this game I have not encountered a weapon that was blatantly OP, in certain situations every weapon will shine but they all seem to equally blow in the opposite situations, long range vs short range, high rate of fire vs slow rate of fire ect.... Example, UMP 45, I love it, fits my play style and works well for me. In my hands some may feel it is OP (not to pat myself on the back) but outside my play style it blows. It has no range on it, if I am caught out in the open I am a dead man so when I am using this weapon, I make an effort to stay in close quarters. Bottom line, if a player picks a weapon, plays that weapon how it is meant to be played and works it within its "sweet spot" they will succeed. People that pick a weapon and attempt to use it outside of its sweet spot will lose 9x out of 10 when they come face to face with the player inside the sweet spot and will instantly cry OP.

Very well said. (Y) I've experienced that myself. ~ That Support guy with a M249 on Caspain Border. :shiftyninja: :laugh:

I have started using it recently and, yep, it sure needs some adjusting. The sight is just too good at its current state.

It does feel cheap, been using red dot for a while now so I dont get used to the IR scope

Does anyone remember the intro video to Battlefield 2? DICE should have made something similar for Battlefield 3. It would have done a good job in creating interest for Battlefield 3.

Battlefield 2142 also had an awesome intro video.

Anyone using Chrome here? I just gave it another try in hope to finally stick with it (still can't move to it from Firefox), and Battlelog doesn't work on it. Filter isn't usable at all.

Can't turn off/on the filters, ping the servers and do anything at all in the multiplayer section. Any solution to that, or should I forget about trying to move to Chrome and just stick with Firefox?

I use it on my F2000 and regularly get scores like 34-3 and so on, it's OP :D it's especially good on Tehran Highway and any map with lots of foliage and stuff to hide under, I don't like using it on Metro, use my own eyes for that, my favorite map too ;D

Anyone using Chrome here? I just gave it another try in hope to finally stick with it (still can't move to it from Firefox), and Battlelog doesn't work on it. Filter isn't usable at all.

Can't turn off/on the filters, ping the servers and do anything at all in the multiplayer section. Any solution to that, or should I forget about trying to move to Chrome and just stick with Firefox?

Nope.

IE9 here. While I would like to try Chrome, my RAM wont allow this.