That video watched it 2 times and still not bored of it :woot: "It's as big as a swedish polar bear." lol. I can just imagine him playing as a heavy or demoman in TF2.

So I just signed in to check out the battlelog site...it seems pretty pointless if you have a PS3. What is the point of it, other than being able to see your upcoming unlocks away from the console?

So I just signed in to check out the battlelog site...it seems pretty pointless if you have a PS3. What is the point of it, other than being able to see your upcoming unlocks away from the console?

Not sure how the console versions work, but I've been using battlelog for tracking stats and my friends stats. (My stats are terrible but it's nice to have competitions with friends over who has the most SPM or whose the better jet pilot etc.)

Yeah stat tracking, unlockes and friend comparison...+ you can see which of your friends are on-line...the other other use it has on the PC is joining games...

I really like it.

OK I've got three beefs with Battlefield 3 now.

1. I really really wish it would let me ragequit properly. I die, a lot, but when you're in kill-cam, you can't quit the damn game!
  2. I wish you could see which map is coming up. Between rounds, you've got to sit around for about a minute waiting for the next round to start, and then hope and pray that it's a map you enjoy. If not, you SOL until the map has loaded.
  3. This game hates me. More than 2 in every 3 servers I join, I'm put onto the losing team, and as a result my W/L ratio is in the toilet, and lord help me I'm not good enough yet to turn a 32 man team around :(

• Like 1

1. I really really wish it would let me ragequit properly. I die, a lot, but when you're in kill-cam, you can't quit the damn game!
  2. I wish you could see which map is coming up. Between rounds, you've got to sit around for about a minute waiting for the next round to start, and then hope and pray that it's a map you enjoy. If not, you SOL until the map has loaded.
  3. This game hates me. More than 2 in every 3 servers I join, I'm put onto the losing team, and as a result my W/L ratio is in the toilet, and lord help me I'm not good enough yet to turn a 32 man team around :(

Try the smaller servers... much more interesting and easier to stay alive / work as a team rather than CoD KILL/DIE/KILL arcade approach.

Someone earlier had a little remote controlled helicopter what was it? And what does the EOD bot do?

From Battle Log:

MAV

A remotely operated Micro Air Vehicle equipped with a suite of Motion Sensors and a camera with IRNV capabilities for aerial reconnaissance.

EOD BOT

A remotely controlled Explosive Ordinance Disposal robot allows the engineer to repair and damage vehicles like a normal repair tool, but can also arm and disarm explosives and MCOM stations in Rush.

MAV

A remotely operated Micro Air Vehicle equipped with a suite of Motion Sensors and a camera with IRNV capabilities for aerial reconnaissance.

I'm a bit confused because when I control the MAV, there is an "ammo" and seems like it can shoot something. Hit a soldier and a tank, but nothing happened. What is it? and what does this "ghost ammo" do?

EDIT: Ah, found this on EA forum:

"It's the UAV's EMP attack. With the left trigger you zoom in on an enemy piece of equipment like a beacon, then with the right trigger, you fire the EMP and it disables it. "

Is the beacon the only thing it can disable?

I'm a bit confused because when I control the MAV, there is an "ammo" and seems like it can shoot something. Hit a soldier and a tank, but nothing happened. What is it? and what does this "ghost ammo" do?

you can use the ammo on the mav to shoot other players equipment, ie their MAV, EOD, or Spawn Point.

Despite not being a bug, it makes me want to go postal. Annoys me no end when I'm just about to squad spawn and instead I get spawned at base because my teammate died. Granted, I'm glad I didn't spawn there, but there are usually lots more places that I can spawn that are better than the base :crazy:

Yeah, all I ask is to be told spawn no longer available, pick another. That can be quite a hike on some maps.

Check out my longest headshot :) Spawned US side Caspian Border, started running, scoped up and saw a sniper running down the hill from their spawn, lead him, squeezed the trigger and he ran right into it. I really wish I could have recorded it. Got 907 points out of that one shot.

Hey guys what's the difference between an M4A1 and an M4? I was playing engineer while using the M4A1 and I just unlocked the M4? Lol I am so confused.

I like this game but it's so damn confusing at times. It's the first Battlefield game I've played. I feel like I'm watching a movie sequel without seeing the first one. I actually do alright in the game but there's a lot of things I just don't get. I'm almost always on losing teams. Also, why do they make you just sit there for 45 seconds between rounds? Why can't I change my gun configs or something? I don't even understand how you leave that screen. I have to turn off my 360 to leave the game. I've been playing shooters for 15 years, yet can't seem to figure out BF:3. I'm sure I will with time though. Overall it's a good game.

Hey guys what's the difference between an M4A1 and an M4? I was playing engineer while using the M4A1 and I just unlocked the M4? Lol I am so confused.

The M4 is burst fire or single shot, the M4A1 is burst, single and fully auto

If you guys want to level up fast go onto 64 player conquest operation metro with a assault class with the defibrillator equipped, and just revive and heal people. It may mess up your k/d ratio but the points you rake up are just amazing! :D If you want ur K/D then use engineer and spam rockets (don't worry there are enough support to keep resupplying you).

Wow! I just finished playing my best game yet in terms of fun. It was Rush mode on Tehran Highway and my team defended the last MCOM (I think it was B). We held wave after wave of assaults and I did my part by spotting enemies constantly with my MAV. Initially, I didn't think I'd have much use for it but it was really useful in that game. I also used it to spot ahead for my squad as they slowly pushed out to take out smaller groups of enemies as they tried to attack us from another direction. It's games like that which make Battlefield 3 so much fun. :)

Check out the Battle Report if you're interested.

This is an amazing game. More teamplay is required on alot of the maps, but once it gets going... it's amazing fun.

I agree with the above that Operation Metro on 64 man Conquest is AMAZING to get points on... If I'm near a rank up or what not, I will jump on a Metro map and rank up. It also helps learn to move quickly and if you play with headphones, CRANK that stuff up! It's amazing sounding... non stop firing...lol

1. if you're on PC, you can hit Alt+F4 to quit the game :)

2. Just enjoy it heh.

3. doesnt matter to me :) Mine still ratio 1.0 :s

I really do wish they would show you what map is next on the end of round screen. I don't see any reason why they can't do that, especially when they have that leaver stat and leaving affects your w/l ratio. I also hate getting put into conquest games when the server I joined is called 24/7 rush blah blah blah, too.

I guess maybe it's hard to do because map rotations aren't static and are unique for each server? That or dice is just lazy..