I had that on an old game and I removed the game and then re installed it and the problem went away. There is a term for what it is doing but I cannot recall it at the moment.

I had that on an old game and I removed the game and then re installed it and the problem went away. There is a term for what it is doing but I cannot recall it at the moment.

Artifacting?

Who else had these problems on PC and what did you do to fix it? (I remember that a member on Neowin had a similar issue, but I can't remember who.)

It's no my video but my brother's video. He's been having this issue since launch day and he doesn't know what to do to fix it. He has tried different drivers for his GTX460. Old drivers, new drivers and beta drivers. His PC is up to date and so is his BF3. I'm using a GTX460 from EVGA and I'm not having these issues on the latest stable nVidia drivers.

And my other brother is having issues as well. Since Friday he's been having crashes for no reason. BF3 was working for him without problems the day before. He turns his PC on on Friday and tries the play the game, only to find out it crashes no matter what server he joins. When he's able to play he can only play for a while. After a while he's getting lag until the game just decides to crash. He has tried everything as well and his last resort at the moment is formatting his PC to see if that helps.

Does anyone have any tips for these 2 problems?

I'm not experiencing any of these issues though I do get the occasional crash when I want to join a server, but that only happens every now and then. It's not something that makes me unable to play the game. DICE and EA knows about this issue since loads of people are experiencing this and from what I've heard, they're working on an update that might fix this issue.

Has he tried the beta drivers that were released a few days ago? I'm pretty sure the nvidia drivers specifically mentioned a fix for artifacting.

It's no my video but my brother's video. He's been having this issue since launch day and he doesn't know what to do to fix it. He has tried different drivers for his GTX460. Old drivers, new drivers and beta drivers. His PC is up to date and so is his BF3. I'm using a GTX460 from EVGA and I'm not having these issues on the latest stable nVidia drivers.

you could try the newest beta drivers they are suppose to

New in Version 285.79

• Includes several bug fixes and performance improvements for Battlefield 3.
    • Fixes cases of irregular performance (stuttering) primarily seen on DirectX 10 GPUs. The fix improves the performance of both DX10 and DX11 GPUs.
    • Fixes shadow map corruption seen with DirectX 10 GPUs.
    • Fixes cases of black corruption lines/triangles with DirectX 10 GPUs.

[*]Fixes black screen during playback using Windows Media Center.

^Hm, I believe he has tried those already. I'll ask him tomorrow just in case. Will let you know what the outcome of that is :)

Thanks so far guys!

@Grinder: Not sure if he has mentioned it. If he hasn't tried that already, it would mean he didn't try all things, haha. Will ask him tomorrow and let you guys know the outcome of that as well.

Good information on tanks, their armor, and how to properly damage them:

http://www.gameranx....crowdignite.com

The proximity radar for tanks is over powered. I've been using it on HC and getting an absurd amount of kills with it, plus "spot bonuses." It works whether or not the enemy is moving. It should be nerfed to work only if the enemy is moving. Combine it with IRNV of the main gun and enemy infantry doesn't stand a chance.

• Like 1

The proximity radar for tanks is over powered. I've been using it on HC and getting an absurd amount of kills with it, plus "spot bonuses." It works whether or not the enemy is moving. It should be nerfed to work only if the enemy is moving. Combine it with IRNV of the main gun and enemy infantry doesn't stand a chance.

Those combos are stupid ridiculous for the tank, I've tried it, seems almost too easy sometimes.

That's really useful, gonna have to modify my tank attack strategy slightly now.

Ever since I unlocked C4s in the support class, I get excited when I see a tank to attempt to blow it up. Usually you need 2 C4s to completely destroy it and sometimes die in the process. It's fun trying to sneak around and not be detected by the tank!

ha dont get too used to it. i unlocked everything in the support class like a week ago, so last night i started playing assault class and trying to unlock its items. I keep forgetting that i'm no longer in support, therefore have no c4, and i keep jumping out at tanks only to realize that, and keep dying.

Fun, i love this game so much :D

That's why I prefer to be engineer. I can shot down and repair anything :D

So far my favorite class in the game is Assault, but that's because Assault is the only role I've really played. I was expecting that Support would be my preferred role since I normally enjoy using LMGs in games, but so far, Assault is the class for me. I do like using LMGs in games but I find myself preferring the role of a medic over it still. I normally get the majority of my points in a Conquest game by reviving since I'm still not really done adjusting to how it feels to shoot people in Battlefield 3. I can do it and I play Team Deathmatch to improve at doing it as well, but I find myself wondering why sometimes I don't get a kill I think I should have.

My most used Recon weapon is the SKS, purely because it's there. I have the Kobra RDS on it, and the Suppressor, and I can use it as a medium to long range rifle without too many issues, though over longer distances I prefer using the PKA-S or a different sight. The SKS doesn't feel like it should be classed as a sniper rifle if I'm honest, since the damage never really feels astounding. I've also had a few fun kills with the SV98's iron sights, since I rarely see anyone using a bolt action rifle in the game without a scope. I always like playing without the scope on bolt actions though, and I did it most of the time I played World at War.

• Like 1

One thing I forgot to mention that I think this game should implement is to be able to save your Accessories, vehicle perks, and visual clothing (appearance). As it stands you have to pick them each time you join a new server.

It's very freaking annoying. :/

One thing I forgot to mention that I think this game should implement is to be able to save your Accessories, vehicle perks, and visual clothing (appearance). As it stands you have to pick them each time you join a new server.

It's very freaking annoying. :/

What are you talking about.

My settings are saved alright.

The only thing that sometimes doesn't save for me is the clothing.

On a side note; my brother with the artifact issue is going to reinstall the game completely. He's also going to remove 2 512 MB RAM sticks from his PC to see if that helps. Both sticks are different compared to the other 2 GB sticks he has.

My other brother is going to have a mechanic coming by to solve the issue. It seems to be a problem with his modem as his connection seems to be timing out a lot. Odd though, as it doesn't happen with other games :s But since his landline phone seem to have dropped as well, it has to be the modem.

The only thing that sometimes doesn't save for me is the clothing.

On a side note; my brother with the artifact issue is going to reinstall the game completely. He's also going to remove 2 512 MB RAM sticks from his PC to see if that helps. Both sticks are different compared to the other 2 GB sticks he has.

My other brother is going to have a mechanic coming by to solve the issue. It seems to be a problem with his modem as his connection seems to be timing out a lot. Odd though, as it doesn't happen with other games :s But since his landline phone seem to have dropped as well, it has to be the modem.

Your brother is having a mechanic fix it? I would opt for a Technician.

That's what I mean, haha. Mechanic was the word that came up in my mind at the time of writing the post.

That's what I mean, haha. Mechanic was the word that came up in my mind at the time of writing the post.

I thought that maybe in your country that is what you called Technicians. :D

Technically yeah, but the actual word for it is "monteur". Which is also translated into mechanic. It depends on what the topic is :p

Technically yeah, but the actual word for it is "monteur". Which is also translated into mechanic. It depends on what the topic is :p

I learn something new everyday, that is why I come here. So then you have Auto, monteur's and Computer monteurs. :)

Yep, auto monteur's and computer monteur's. And then we have monteurs for electricity which are called elektricien :p

What this mean?

Hello,

We would like you to know that we received your petition and are currently investigating it. Due to our Privacy Policy, we cannot contact you concerning the outcome of the investigation, but please rest assured that we will take appropriate action.

You can read the Terms of Service for Electronic Arts Online by going to the following web address:

http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

Sincerely,

Customer Support

Electronic Arts, Inc.

EA.com Customer Relations

Petition history: On 11-14-2011 you asked Battlefield3 support:

Bad content in profile

I find that the laser sights and tact lights just are a big "HERE I AM, SPAM IN THIS DIRECTION"...

Been rolling with suppressors lately, and creeping in dark corners, much more enjoyable when I can get kill after kill of people blindly running into rooms.

Reminds me of this whenever they run into rooms: 528092386t.gif