I played a few more matches of Battlefield 3's Team Deathmatch and it seems that the spawns have been improved considerably. I haven't been spawn killed as often as I was in the few days after release, and I'm having a lot more fun with the game because of that. The Battlelog feature is also extremely convenient (better than CoD Elite, though I like both series), since it has the Upcoming Unlocks tab. I can max my XP gain by checking that occasionally, which is great.

The DAO-12, SKS, and AK-74M/M16A3 are my three go-to weapons at the moment though I don't expect to get an amazing K/D ratio or anything like that with any of them. They're all fun to use however, and since it's Team Deathmatch I normally play, supporting the team isn't such a tall order regardless of what I'm using. I have a Service Star with the SKS, and it's in my Top 5 most used weapons. Since unlocking 12G Frag rounds for the DAO-12 it's become one of the most entertaining weapons to use. Nobody seems to expect the little explosive blast it has, even though it's not a huge blast. I'm not sure if it beats Buckshot at close range but I'm having fun with it.

The SKS is perhaps too weak to use as a true sniper rifle, but I haven't used it to snipe at all. I put a short-range sight on, with the Suppressor and Foregrip. At the moment I'm using the Kobra sight, though I do take the PKA-S when playing Conquest or Rush. It takes a fair few shots to drop someone but the feeling when you're progressing along with it far outweighs the number of shots needed to take someone down. As for the AK-74M and M16A3 I haven't found a weapon to beat them in the Assault category. The M16A4 fires in bursts and I tend to prefer firing in automatic; the AEK-971 fires too quickly to be accurate (but I find it's good as a close range rifle), but the AN-94 looks like it could be good once I get it unlocked.

To be fair BC2 wasn't any better the first 6 months after it's release..

And what's wrong with the M416? It's probably my favorite assault rifle in the game.

I love the M416 as well, but not as much as the M16A3. The USAS12 with frag rounds is a fun gun and actually very useful. Been using it since I unlocked it and now EVERYONE is using it :-(

And why do you think this is? Because it's too easy to use.

The M416 is the f***-all weapon in BF3, along with the SCAR-H to a lesser extent. I'd say about 75% of all assault players use it more often than not,

Whenever I pick up a kit with it, I am disgusted with just how EASY it is to kill everyone with at anything fewer than 50 metres. I use the KH2002 which is effectively a sniper rifle, and the shotgun secondary for close range, yet I cannot best those who use the single most useful weapon in the game to 2-hit me without hitting my head. It's an utter instakill every time.

And why do you think this is? Because it's too easy to use.

The M416 is the f***-all weapon in BF3, along with the SCAR-H to a lesser extent. I'd say about 75% of all assault players use it more often than not,

Whenever I pick up a kit with it, I am disgusted with just how EASY it is to kill everyone with at anything fewer than 50 metres. I use the KH2002 which is effectively a sniper rifle, and the shotgun secondary for close range, yet I cannot best those who use the single most useful weapon in the game to 2-hit me without hitting my head. It's an utter instakill every time.

I disagree completely. No weapon, not even the scar-h or m416 stand out as "the best". Just look at my kit scores, I use them all fairly evenly so I've sampled just about every gun in the game. The G36c trumps the Scar-h in every way, and the F2000 is laser accurate and shoots so fast you empty a clip in a blink, the same with the AEK.

This game is balanced pretty damn evenly, like I said, I would be hard pressed to point to any single gun and say "it's the best".

• Like 1

You cannot deny the fact that every other assault uses the M416. And from personal experience, I find myself a lot better while using it. I'm not just going off what I die by the most, here. The gun feels overpowered to ME. I can go from a bad night where I'm getting a 1:1 KDR and pick up a kit with the M416. Guaranteed that I'll get 5-6 kills if I'm smart about it and the person wasn't a complete retard about equipping it. With the silencer, and the IRNV, I can pick people off in a clean 2-3 shots (no headshot) up to distances where only sniper rifles should be accurate.

Come on - there has to be SOME point to be made with its popularity. Perhaps you're better with the F2000 because you like playing closer, and that fire rate helps you out. Any other weapon can be better in certain situations, but the fact that the M416 is passable is all except extreme long range situations is just bulls***.

Oh, and you really think the game is balanced with the mortards in spawn? 20:0 KDR and top score for those who do nothing productive for the team. Ok, so they take out snipers... but you can't honestly argue that they're better than a counter sniper who farms kills off the opposite team's snipers. Everyone knows they're useless.

M416 is NOTHING compared to the F2000.

F2000 > *

This is my highest used gun I love it very much, just trying to get around to using all of them, once I get over 500 kills I try to move on to another gun.

The SKS is perhaps too weak to use as a true sniper rifle, but I haven't used it to snipe at all. I put a short-range sight on, with the Suppressor and Foregrip. At the moment I'm using the Kobra sight, though I do take the PKA-S when playing Conquest or Rush. It takes a fair few shots to drop someone but the feeling when you're progressing along with it far outweighs the number of shots needed to take someone down. As for the AK-74M and M16A3 I haven't found a weapon to beat them in the Assault category. The M16A4 fires in bursts and I tend to prefer firing in automatic; the AEK-971 fires too quickly to be accurate (but I find it's good as a close range rifle), but the AN-94 looks like it could be good once I get it unlocked.

I used AK-74M and M16A3 in the start but then AEK-971 came and I was really impressed with its rate of fire. Did unlocked some accessories and its recoil was significantly reduced.

Then came F2000, and it was as good as AEK 971, but with good ergonomics and I am using it since then

M416 is NOTHING compared to the F2000.

F2000 > *

agreed.

F2000 FTW

This is my highest used gun I love it very much, just trying to get around to using all of them, once I get over 500 kills I try to move on to another gun.

Same here.

F2000 and then AEK-971

Indeed^

Which brings up another issue...

Hey Support Class... DROP AMMO!!!

I reaaalllly wish they would have added "need ammo" and "need medic" options to the commo rose, and have them display somewhere in text like BF2 did...

They gave us "need backup" and "follow me" instead.....who ever uses those?

Yea, I liked how it was implemented in BFBC2

I never had a problem getting anything there.

Just point to the guy... hit the spot button and it would bring up an icon on the other guys minimap following your location letting them know you just requested a heal/ammo/pickup..ect

I used AK-74M and M16A3 in the start but then AEK-971 came and I was really impressed with its rate of fire. Did unlocked some accessories and its recoil was significantly reduced. Then came F2000, and it was as good as AEK 971, but with good ergonomics and I am using it since then

The AEK was one of my favorite rifles in Bad Company 2, but it doesn't feel right to me in Battlefield 3. I find myself focusing on the guns with the slightly lower rates of fire in it. I also can't say I liked the F2000 when I unlocked it last night, because I managed to hit someone twice out of the thirty shots I fired - yes, I wound up using the entire magazine. Strangely it isn't on my Battlelog though so I'll just assume I was lucky and the game never even registered it. The AEK recoil isn't too bad I find. It's manageable, but the rate of fire leaves me thinking I'm just not accurate. I believe I have a Red Dot Sight, Foregrip (is there any reason to take this attachment off?), and maybe the Laser Sight, but I haven't used the AEK in ages so I'm not certain.

I unlocked my second Service Star with the M16A3, and I'm apparently 74% of the way to a second star with the AK-74M, so I'm going to be aiming for it.

M16A4 and AEK are my go to assault weapons, like Paul I found the recoil on the F2000 a bit high, and only really any good on smaller maps like seine crossing

the AEK's is high but the unlocks have brought it down so maybe I just need to persevere with the F2000 and get some unlock for it as well.

Also discovered the wonders of the M39 EMR you unlock in co-op, that's fantastic in hardcore.

M16A4 and AEK are my go to assault weapons, like Paul I found the recoil on the F2000 a bit high, and only really any good on smaller maps like seine crossing

the AEK's is high but the unlocks have brought it down so maybe I just need to persevere with the F2000 and get some unlock for it as well.

Also discovered the wonders of the M39 EMR you unlock in co-op, that's fantastic in hardcore.

Recoil on the F2000? WHAT RECOIL? I'll admit the M416 is an EPIC gun. But the F2000 is like the M416 on crack. Both guns have little or virtually no recoil at all.

Just reached Colonel.

Took 76 hours. 1.4 K/D. 408 skill.

I think I'll take a nice Skyrim break til the expansion and bug fixes are live.

Pfffft, is that it? I got Colonel in around 58 hours I think. And the skill rating changes every game. It's an odd statistic, almost worth ignoring.

Was going 27-6 in a Rush game and server crashed

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

This happened to me on 2 64man conquest servers I was on yesterday, I think it was on purpose though, my clan mates and I were rolling the clan on their own server and then just as we were about to win the server crashed, we moved to a new server and did the exact same thing and then BAM, it "crashed"....very odd and very frustrating as well :-(

This happened to me on 2 64man conquest servers I was on yesterday, I think it was on purpose though, my clan mates and I were rolling the clan on their own server and then just as we were about to win the server crashed, we moved to a new server and did the exact same thing and then BAM, it "crashed"....very odd and very frustrating as well :-(

Thats really frustrating.

It was my first game of the night and it broke my whole temprament. :(