I am really getting sick and tired of this. The latest patch did not fix it. I am about to delete BF3 from my HD if this crap doesn't get fixed soon. very annoying.

dzity.jpg

Just for the hell of it; have you tried running BF3 in compatibility mode?

The last client patch (Nov. 22) has really improved the performance of the game on my Radeon HD 4870. Aside from some random slowdowns, I get what feels like 30+ FPS on medium settings at 1680x1050. :)

Unfortunately though, the game has crashed for me twice while joining a server.

I am really getting sick and tired of this. The latest patch did not fix it. I am about to delete BF3 from my HD if this crap doesn't get fixed soon. very annoying.

dzity.jpg

What OS are you running, 32 or 64bit?

yeah, battlefield 3 is very fun....but the ranking system sucks. Instead of stopping at colonel....it should have been Brigadier General, Major General, Lt General, General, and then General of the Battlefield of something of the sort, instead of just stopping at "Colonel Service Star 100". Colonel just doesn't have that cool feeling to it, like a General does.

Maybe they didn't want to see millions of "generals" running around the field ;)

• Like 1

Yeh I think the ranking system could be improved, it's very basic so once you reach lvl 46 your badge doesn't change. Should be more after colonel and colonel shouldn't be as large, 45 levels again perhaps.

In the army there is; Colonel, Brigadier, General and finally Marshal.

I heard PS3 owners are finally getting copies of Battlefield 1943. Is that true?

Apparently so.

What I want to know (and as I asked in Neowin's article) is if the voucher is only going to be available for that one day, or if it's available from that date onwards. I'm not going to be at my playstation for the next 2 weeks or so, so it would be sad if I had a chance to get a free game and missed the opportunity. :(

I played most of the SP missions and I just got tired of this. There is no interaction between the bots and It has crashed my machine twice. It really is a game with High graphic quality but really lacks in playability . I now will concentrate on MW3.

I played most of the SP missions and I just got tired of this. There is no interaction between the bots and It has crashed my machine twice. It really is a game with High graphic quality but really lacks in playability . I now will concentrate on MW3.

Er try multiplayer or co-op you may find that its the "actual" game.

He won't. He already set his mind that he doesn't like the game and that's Mech Warriors 3 ( :shifty:) is better.

He doesn't like multiplayer. Of any game. As far as I know

He bought both of them purely for SP

I may at a later date. And @Pupik MW3 is Modern Warfare 3. I never have a closed mind. I just have to find a setting that will work. I would at the present just concentrate on one new game and not two. I am 63 years old and playing these games is hard enough . :D I also may try MP when I build up the courage. I don't want to get owned.

Good luck with MW3 its single player is just as atrocious as BF3.

Well I am almost done with it and I find that it is OK. The Maps are better and since I started with the original COD I am used to the controls. I also have a problem with Nvidia's 28X.XX drivers. They keep timing out, even while I browse the Net. It became a hassle. My 460 does not like it.

I may at a later date. And @Pupik MW3 is Modern Warfare 3. I never have a closed mind. I just have to find a setting that will work. I would at the present just concentrate on one new game and not two. I am 63 years old and playing these games is hard enough . :D I also may try MP when I build up the courage. I don't want to get owned.

Wow. It's awesome that you're playing video games at that age. A lot of people over the age of 50 will never touch a FPS game. I assume you have a capable gaming computer. Also, don't be too intimidated by MP in BF3. Sure, you may get owned but it's fun and that's what matters most. If you can kill the AI in the SP campaign then you sure as hell can kill other players online. By the way, what's your Origin username?

Even if your worried about getting shot up in MP, at least give Co-Op a go. With a half decent public team mate you can do the easy/normal modes fine and there a lot of fun :)

Also add me im Colicabdh on origin i think, can play some co-op or team up in mp

From what i read is that the SP in BF3 isnt even a full out legit game. Like they created it to show what the engine can do really, but the entire point of BF3 is multiplayer and I agree.

The major thing that makes BF games stand out is the Large MP maps and dynamics that NO other game has been able to reproduce.

I havent touched the single player yet since i bought the game for MP :p

I'm saving the SP for when my net gets shut off due to a storm or something and i have no choice but to play it :D

But judging BF3 based on the SP is just silly and you're missing the point.

I do like the SP campaign of COD games, but cant stand the MP. MW seems like the opposite of BF, like the SP is the strong point, while MP is too arcadish for me.

If that's the case then they are doing it wrong because the single player doesn't feature all the destruction that the multiplayer does.

Since you haven't touched it, you shouldn't comment on it.

In my opinion, it was fine

Why? The single player for BF3 is garbage. You don't need to play it to know that. The only thing that kept me going was that I got a slight 24 vibe from it. Beyond that dieing a lot just so you could learn where the baddies are to shoot there isn't fun.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, if so apologies for the double post but I do feel this is worth mentioning again actually, but BF3 is currently on sale on Origin today only for $29.99

OFFER DETAILS

Get the recently released Battlefield 3 today and we?ll take $30 off the price. But act fast, this deal is available today only. Battlefield 3 uses state-of-the-art technology to deliver enhanced visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. So get Battlefield 3 today and start wreaking havoc!

I am guessing one would have to install Origin first to see this deal.

Damn good deal, for anyone who was waiting for a price drop, here it is.

post-34384-0-43014600-1322250066.jpg

fancy sharing the wealth then?? you wont need two after all : -)

It'll most likely be another give away from me after the Skrim one is done.