It'll most likely be another give away from me after the Skrim one is done.

well it would get put to good use here! if you felt like being generous : -)

The single player for BF3 is garbage. You don't need to play it to know that.

Cmon man that statement does not even make any sense. Play it, finish it, render your own opinion. Not one of some random video review you watched on the internet.

I also thought the SP was fine. Bear in mind for all you young ones out there, BF games never had a SP at all. They literally released the game with MP and that was it. So the fact they had one at all is a bonus.

• Like 1

Cmon man that statement does not even make any sense. Play it, finish it, render your own opinion. Not one of some random video review you watched on the internet.

I also thought the SP was fine. Bear in mind for all you young ones out there, BF games never had a SP at all. They literally released the game with MP and that was it. So the fact they had one at all is a bonus.

How does it not make sense? I played it. It's garbage. Granted, that's my opinion. But I don't see how anyone could have bought the game for only the single player and expected it to be any good.

And that's the way it should have remained, too. The single player was completely un-needed. The time making it was time they could have invested into creating more maps for release, instead.

How does it not make sense? I played it. It's garbage. Granted, that's my opinion. But I don't see how anyone could have bought the game for only the single player and expected it to be any good.

And that's the way it should have remained, too. The single player was completely un-needed. The time making it was time they could have invested into creating more maps for release, instead.

You not playing the game and forming your own opinion doesn't make sense. Granted the SP was short and a bit too easy but still, enjoyed it but no replay value. Also, your logic for them not making more maps on release because of SP development is flawed. If anything the game just would have more maps created for later map packs imo, not to be included for extra value seeing as MP is BF3's strong point.

• Like 1

If they would keep showing those awesome single player trailers, I, for one, am bound to get one.

Not literally, I mean

And besides, NOT EVERYONE buys games for MP. True, that buying Battlefield 3 was mainly because of MP, but I have always wanted to play SP in first person shooters, no matter what.

I've always wanted lengthy SP campaigns for first person shooters (which is now only a dream), but I enjoy SP and I would like it to be there if I'm paying the money they are asking for.

And this game' SP was fine

Not sure if it has been mentioned, if so apologies for the double post but I do feel this is worth mentioning again actually, but BF3 is currently on sale on Origin today only for $29.99

I am guessing one would have to install Origin first to see this deal.

Damn good deal, for anyone who was waiting for a price drop, here it is.

I actually picked it up as soon as 12:01am hit lol. You didn't need to have origin as you could just go to the origin website. Amazingly enough EA was selling the physical DVD copy for $29.99 as well. I was able to combine the discount with my $25% birthday coupon which turned into a 20% discount (no bday code apparently) and I got the game for $24. Definately a good damn buy. Even factoring in the cost of buying the back to karkland map pack, i'll come out cheaper than getting it for $60.

I read the reviews, then I did something crazy, I played it all the way through, despite most reviewers not even managing that, then I sat down and thought to myself.

Conclusion, not bad, well made, fun, only draw back was the story was a little generic, then I thought but its only generic cause ive played so many damn COD games.

Also they did make more maps.... Back To Karkland?

• Like 1

I actually picked it up as soon as 12:01am hit lol. You didn't need to have origin as you could just go to the origin website. Amazingly enough EA was selling the physical DVD copy for $29.99 as well. I was able to combine the discount with my $25% birthday coupon which turned into a 20% discount (no bday code apparently) and I got the game for $24. Definately a good damn buy. Even factoring in the cost of buying the back to karkland map pack, i'll come out cheaper than getting it for $60.

Nice, enjoy the purchase. I did a very similar thing when I got my birthday code, used it on an already existing sale, it is the way to do it. Again, good score, and enjoy. (Y)

It's Karkand god damnit!

:rofl:

Whoa did anyone notice the servers have queues now? Nice!

Yep noticed that last night too. Nice touch, I love how Battlelog can be updated without a client-side update. Might be nothing, but my BF3 does seem to be less stable now though. Tried playing late last night and game kept crashing while trying to load the level. Same as I mentioned in a previous post, but now on every other join, instead of just the first join. Quite annoying.

Sorry new to Battlefield

FTR I do not think it was directed at just you, throughout the thread people have been calling it Karkland. I think you were just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. But Karkand is to BF what dust is to Counter Strike basically, even though I do not think it was a generally liked overall at dust, it is definitely synonymous with BF2.

Holy crap! They just added something that their previous games, and most modern games have already! Revolutionary!

Still lovin' Battlelog and Origin. DICE have really outdone themselves by giving their fans unrivaled usability and function in their interface. And to think that they're even adding more, still! It's confounding - I know.

I also have very high hopes that Karkand will be updated to fit Battlefield 3's new gameplay style like a glove. I mean, who wants to be spread out thin with ten control points when you can be clusterf*****d with three!

There is no AA Gun on the ship in canals. I checked around for it and didnt find it. for the 360

My guess would be it is only in certain game modes, such as Conquest. Did you try all of them or just one specific one?

My guess would be it is only in certain game modes, such as Conquest. Did you try all of them or just one specific one?

I couldn't see it on Rush or Conquest...again 360, so maybe its a PC only cause of the extra players.

i did it in conquest.

Its in RUSH, at least for me.

Haven't seen it in Conquest

for 360?

I saw a post a page or two back about queues on Xbox 360? What day & time were you playing? I'm curious because I have never seen a queue message.

Can't remember, I get them very rarely as I'm normally playing with friends and so head for servers with only 16 or so players...thus you don't need to queue.

But I've definitely had them.