Do it.

I'm playing from a SSD with the other components lower than what you listed. It takes me 5-15 seconds to load any given map going in with ultra settings.

I went from a sata drive to an SSD and the difference in loading a map was unbelievable.

3.9 GB update today.... :s

The update contains "most of the karkand dlc" according to the patch notes. That's why it's so big. Better to get it now than the day it's released I think. (Y)

800px-Pso-1onsvd.jpg

What do you think? 4-5 years til games start to look like this? (This is an actual photo of looking down a PSO-1 scope courtesy of wikipedia.)

I've been reading about ARMA 2... Wow... Downloading the free version now...

I wish it would be sooner rather than later, most games when you zoom in with scope either the whole screen zooms in around the edges of the scope or you get a blackout effect. Surely cant be that hard to just have the scope zoom and still have peripheral vision.

I wish it would be sooner rather than later, most games when you zoom in with scope either the whole screen zooms in around the edges of the scope or you get a blackout effect. Surely cant be that hard to just have the scope zoom and still have peripheral vision.

This is precisely the reason I don't like scoped optics

Modified M9 to be burst.

Woot battlelog is back on, gonna check out the nerfs :D

edit:

eww what did they do to the chat box on the pc version? Looks cheap and ugly now.

it also doesnt seem to auto disappear.

it does let us see the chat without entering a message though, which is good.

Some how i have a 93r pistol that i've never seen before.

Burst pistol. Unlockable by coop or lots of levels.

& The chat box looks more noticable.

One thing I notice right away is that the server browser shows a flag of where the server is located and there is way more filter options. And you can select a category like view dogtags or awards from the top now. Those are some good changes.

they must've changed something that gave it to me, because i'm almost certain that i didn't have it before. Didn't have any pistol with a grip handle such as this.

I didn't know people were having trouble noticing the chat box before.

i think i heard some people complaining about the old chat box taking up alot of space on lower resolutions or something, and even affecting game play. Maybe the new fix resolves that. I never had a problem with it though, besides having to send a message ot see what others have sad (brought the chat box back up to see). and thats fixed now because it doesnt seem to go away at all now.

Thank God that big frikin' chatbox is gone.

This is a godsend. Everyone should immediately turn off kill cam in the advanced filter.

You know, it would be one thing if you only saw your opponent in a reply a la CoD, but instead we get to see what they do for a clear 10 seconds after we're dead.

The IRNV nerf was waaaay too much. It's basically useless now. I tested it a little on Metro and you don't see **** underground at a crazy small distance.

Oh well. :D

GOOOOOOOD. I would have been fine with them removing it altogether or limiting it to select weapons. It got to the point where 60%+ of my deaths came from IRNV and seemingly everyone used it. I had to start using it myself and did not enjoy it.

Also they should have left the chat box on the right side. It's too distracting on the left. :(

I haven't got to play yet but I think I agree. I didn't mind it too much... I just thought it needed to be about 80% in size and moved a little higher. I bet they patch again come next update.

Overall this update looks very promising, I can't wait to play.

Look at the last page, pic there.

Anyway a few quick observations:

- IRNV is completely useless now

- USAS + FRAG still works okay, it's less powerful but I had no trouble killing people with it at distance with proper aiming

- FPS increased by some 15% for me

- Game still crashes constantly when you try and join servers with dumb or no reasons

Sigh...

Game disconnected: you were kicked by an admin. Stated reason: You got kicked for having a KPD higher than 15.0

:/

Not sure if this is new but my stats remained even though I got kicked. IIRC they were always wiped before.

Just updated BF3 but Battlelog still told me I had to update :s Updating again now to see if it changes anything.

Would be nice if they added an option to view how many tickets a server has. I often find myself where I don't feel like playing on a server with 1000 tickets. I rather have 500 of above 200. Then I'd at least get to play in different maps as well.

Got home, played a game. No problem since the update and I didn't noticed any bad changes yet, but I do have a tiny issue.

I see other player's ping in the scoreboard, but I don't see my own. Is that how it suppose to be?

Got home, played a game. No problem since the update and I didn't noticed any bad changes yet, but I do have a tiny issue.

I see other player's ping in the scoreboard, but I don't see my own. Is that how it suppose to be?

Sounds normal. I've experienced ping like this in many other PC games.