Reinstalled the update and restarted Internet Explorer which I use for Battlefield 3 only. Now the game is finally up to date :D

Played one game and when it to change something in my kit and the game crashes. I lose around 25 kills, a service star, 5000 points, about 10 different ribbons, and locks my computer up for 5 minutes. Awesome. Seems like everything is working as it should.

And from what I saw of it the chat box is horrible now. I liked the colors in the last version, so easy to tell the different chats apart. Now they have the position right they just ****ed the colors up, again. For every good thing they change they make an equally stupid one.

Don't know why they nerfed the IRNV. If anyone has used a Flir IR/NV scope in real life, they had the implementation correct in the game, now it's just highly unrealistic.

Don't know why they nerfed the IRNV. If anyone has used a Flir IR/NV scope in real life, they had the implementation correct in the game, now it's just highly unrealistic.

Balance trumps realism.

• Like 1

Did they fix the damn flashlight bug? There is no reason why that should be blinding you in broad daylight from 5+ yards.

800px-Pso-1onsvd.jpg

What do you think? 4-5 years til games start to look like this? (This is an actual photo of looking down a PSO-1 scope courtesy of wikipedia.)

I've been reading about ARMA 2... Wow... Downloading the free version now...

Red Orchestra 1 and 2 already do this:

red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad-20110914082920216.jpg

Hm, I just noticed I have a new weapon. The MP412 Rex. Where did this come from?

Also, my co-op score went up ten fold, even though I haven't played that in a while now.

Interesting.

Hm, I just noticed I have a new weapon. The MP412 Rex. Where did this come from?

Also, my co-op score went up ten fold, even though I haven't played that in a while now.

Interesting.

It's unlocked by achieving a score of 5,000 in co-op.

Interesting.

You unlock that gun and a few others for MP by playing co-op.

You unlock that gun and a few others for MP by playing co-op.

Hm. I never noticed this particular gun before. I also haven't played co-op in forever, so I don't know how I have it (Not that I'm complaining). Lol

I did, however, pick up a fallen comrade's MP7 the other night. I wonder if that score went towards my co-op.

Hm. I never noticed this particular gun before. I also haven't played co-op in forever, so I don't know how I have it (Not that I'm complaining). Lol

I did, however, pick up a fallen comrade's MP7 the other night. I wonder if that score went towards my co-op.

That might be it. The MP7 is another gun unlocked in co-op.

Anyway, the last patch is the second one to improve my performance. Everything feels much smoother and the FPS is noticeably higher. The graphics look slightly desaturated now. Has anyone noticed that?

They reduced the amount of points it takes to unlock stuff in co op.

yeah, although it hasn't fully done it...on battlelog stats I have the G3A3 unlocked (didn't before the change) but in the game (360) I still can't use it...I'm guessing its all part of the karkand update process and since PS3 got it today some if the implementation has happened and some hasn't.

They reduced the amount of points it takes to unlock stuff in co op.

If only that had reduced tha amount of points to unlock the P-90. :pinch:

They should've just limited the irnv to a certain class, or one per squad, so something. In reality everyone soldier wouldnt have such an expensive scope, or else every soldier on the battlefield would have one.

I do wish they would have limited number of classes per team. That was on of my favorite things about the original America's army. only two snipers per team, and the other classes were limited as well.

That set up makes the most sense, and yet i havent really seen another game adopt that, which is sad.

that explains why i have weapons now that i didnt have before the patch.

Class limits should only be done by server settings by the admin. The only probelm I see is people want to play sniper and force somone out of the class or kick them. Weapons restrictions (again setup in server settings) would be nice also. 64 man Metro is chaos with RPGs always flying around, 32 man can be a pain also. I been on the Neowin server and there is always a few people who still use rockets and tubes, If i use the M320 its only a smoke grenade.

• Like 1

Definitely not liking the new chatbox. It's like they've changed it back to how it was before they changed anything about it and only changed it's location. They could at least bring back the way it visually looked before today's patch.

Ever since the update, the PC servers have ALL been empty! :(

I'll be downloading the patch for the next 2 or so days, so I'm out. :(

• Like 1

Ever since the update, the PC servers have ALL been empty! :(

Are you sure? Filters got reset because of the new filter options.

Also it kind of ****es me off they reduced the amount of points it takes to unlock the co op weapons after I unlocked them weeks ago. It honestly didn't take that long to get them all, maybe 4 or 5 hours if that.

There will be a lot of people who are downloading the patch, or don't have it yet so servers will be on the low populated side :(

What happened to the Campaign? now when I try to load it, it falls back to the desktop with "something went wrong" yet Multiplayer works fine. It worked fine before this huge update.

What happened to the Campaign? now when I try to load it, it falls back to the desktop with "something went wrong" yet Multiplayer works fine. It worked fine before this huge update.

I had the same issue. You need to start a new mission instead of resuming one you played previously. Also, it's nice that the campaign loads straight to the menu now. Before, it would show the EA and DICE logos.

Is anyone else noticing faster loading times, improved fps and a revamped skin of the skelton (the one which appears when a teammate dies)?

I definitely noticed improved performance. As for loading times, it seems about the same as it was in the previous patch.