Definitely not liking the new chatbox. It's like they've changed it back to how it was before they changed anything about it and only changed it's location. They could at least bring back the way it visually looked before today's patch.

I have to say I disagree with you completely. IMO it looks much better than before and has a decent location where it's not obstructing the view much. It's still inferior to BC2's because I can't expand it and the color coding isn't as good but at least it's not a complete abomination anymore.

Getting really fed up with this game. Every single game it crashes now and the only thing on my computer that has changed in the last 2 days is the patch for this game. ****ing irritating. At first it would let me play a little before it crashed, but now it's **** blocking me all together and crashing as soon as a map loads.

And the chat box still sucks. Except for the position it's inferior to the last version in every way.

Edit: And it seems like I'm running into the driver crashing error "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." that was a huge problem for me about a year or so ago. Fan****ingtastic.

I have to say I disagree with you completely. IMO it looks much better than before and has a decent location where it's not obstructing the view much. It's still inferior to BC2's because I can't expand it and the color coding isn't as good but at least it's not a complete abomination anymore.

I meant the text styling with what I said. They need to bring back the text colors for the chatbox the way it was before this update. Green for text from squad mates, blue for team mates, and white for all.

Posted this on another forum, but I'm sticking it here because I feel it's relevant for everyone.

Next time you get in a tank with me. Don't aimless shoot from the gunner seat. You are constantly spotting us by doing that. If you see a jet or helicopter miles away leave it alone. All you are doing is drawing attention to us. Pay attention to infantry on the ground - only take a shot when you have one (the drop on the gunner is severe so only target infantry in the immediate vicinity, close-medium range), again shooting aimless pinpoints our position to the RPG squads floating around. Leave the vehicles to me - you gun does nothing to tanks at all, once again if you are firing you gun at the enemy tank he will know exactly where to aim when taking a long shot. Don?t do it. Generally you should be looking in the opposite direction I am. You are there to look at whatever I'm not looking at. To prevent C4 up my arse and etc. When I get out to repair, don?t jump out and follow me. Stay in the gunner seat and protect me from backrape. Likewise I will do the same should you jump out instead.
  • Like 1

lol I shoot at any and every thing. I feel it's my right, I have unlimited ammo and I'm fully determined to use as much of it as I can. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For what it's worth though, usually tanks are lit up like a Christmas tree from the moment they start moving anyways.

Edit: I'll just leave this here, the entire thing is lolz worthy, especially the comments, even though it is kind of old:

http://www.mw3-forum...-bf3-comparison

Here's one gem from the comments: "Stop making stuff up TV?s have only certain resoutions they can do 520p is not one of them MW3 does 1080p."

And I honestly have no idea how I ended up on a mw3 forum.

I think I may have been using the Assault class a little too much. Last night I unlocked the M16A3 for the Russian side, and the AK-74M for the American side (since I preferred the AK I'll probably continue to use it). Since doing so I've also got my fifth Service Star for the F2000, meaning that it's about three stars ahead of my second most-used gun. In the space of one match I got my F2000 star, and my Assault star, but my second most used class isn't even a quarter of the way to getting a star.

I'm glad I play Team Deathmatch to unlock things though, because I don't think playing Assault all the time would work with other modes as easily. I'm still not sure how I'm going to make use of the Support weapons or the Recon class, but I managed to snipe from quite a distance last night during the one game of Conquest I played.

Edit: I'll just leave this here, the entire thing is lolz worthy, especially the comments, even though it is kind of old:

http://www.mw3-forum...-bf3-comparison

Here's one gem from the comments: "Stop making stuff up TV?s have only certain resoutions they can do 520p is not one of them MW3 does 1080p."

And I honestly have no idea how I ended up on a mw3 forum.

LOL :rofl: some people amaze me with their utter stupidity.

I think I may have been using the Assault class a little too much. Last night I unlocked the M16A3 for the Russian side, and the AK-74M for the American side (since I preferred the AK I'll probably continue to use it). Since doing so I've also got my fifth Service Star for the F2000, meaning that it's about three stars ahead of my second most-used gun. In the space of one match I got my F2000 star, and my Assault star, but my second most used class isn't even a quarter of the way to getting a star.

I'm glad I play Team Deathmatch to unlock things though, because I don't think playing Assault all the time would work with other modes as easily. I'm still not sure how I'm going to make use of the Support weapons or the Recon class, but I managed to snipe from quite a distance last night during the one game of Conquest I played.

If you want to unlock stuff fast go into a 1000 ticket metro meat grinder server. Honestly team death match was only put in the game to draw in some cod players. Although I don't know if they have those on the consoles, but it's worth looking into. A 12 to 15k point game is not uncommon, and that's before medals and ribbons.

If you want to unlock stuff fast go into a 1000 ticket metro meat grinder server. Honestly team death match was only put in the game to draw in some cod players. Although I don't know if they have those on the consoles, but it's worth looking into. A 12 to 15k point game is not uncommon, and that's before medals and ribbons.

If the consoles have 1000 ticket servers I've never found one...and there's no way to filter by tickets

If the consoles have 1000 ticket servers I've never found one...and there's no way to filter by tickets

I suppose they wouldn't have them, it requires conquest large maps.

I suppose they wouldn't have them, it requires conquest large maps.

More and more I'm thinking I'm gonna have to upgrade my graphics card and get it for the PC as well.

Posted this on another forum, but I'm sticking it here because I feel it's relevant for everyone.

Yep agreed, as I said pages and pages back, a good gunner truly makes a big difference, and a bad one as you pointed out at times almost makes the tank pointless. It frustrates me to no end when a gunner just starts shooting for no reason for all of the reasons you pointed out above. Also those gunners that just stick to looking where I am looking are truly frustrating to no end. It is why if and when I get a tank, I could care less if I have a gunner, and I prefer not having one. I am very handy with F1 and F2 as my tank seat positions, so I honestly feel as if I am better off without a gunner most of the time.

Have not really played the game in weeks actually, been playing NFS The Run and AC Revelations, but definitely looking forward to playing again once the Back To Karkand expansion is released.

Agreed with Dl and Singh.

That is precisely the reason I prefer to ride alone. If sometimes, I have to get in a gunner seat, I would be looking left, right and the back, NOT the front.

M16A3 is my fav gun, 46 service stars LOL, next gun is 15 service stars O.o. I play assault most of the time in all modes, just gotta know how to use it ^_^

M16A3 is my fav gun, 46 service stars LOL, next gun is 15 service stars O.o. I play assault most of the time in all modes, just gotta know how to use it ^_^

It really isn't a surprise seeing your kills. :(

46 service stars LOL, next gun is 15 service stars O.o.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you're quite a fan of the M16A3? :p

• Like 1

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you're quite a fan of the M16A3? :p

I LOOOOOVE it, just wish I had my own dedicated support guys following me around, i always run out of ammo and have to use my M9 pistol, which I also love ^_^

I LOOOOOVE it, just wish I had my own dedicated support guys following me around, i always run out of ammo and have to use my M9 pistol, which I also love ^_^

If you can use it that well, and have enough time to run out of ammo regularly then you might be too good to play Battlefield with us 'normal' people! :p

Has anyone played the new maps yet on the PS3?

I did. They're a lot of fun. I've only played each map once, though.